SPECIAL: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures? - Page 4

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Well, they don't really need to work on the volumes in order.
    True. I just think it's kind of strange how the first summary we get from their site isn't about the first volume of the R/S arc. Still, I'm just hoping that this means that they'll actually start releasing these arcs starting next year and I think that there is a pretty good chance for that to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I don't think that they started to release the D/P/Pl volumes until just a few days before the B/W games were released. They weren't even the most recent games by that point and they didn't release the G/S/C volumes until six months after HG/SS were released. The only volumes that really collided with the release of the video games were the B/W chapters since they didn't want to wait for the volumes to come out and went straight for the volumes with few chapters.
    Right... thank you for the reminder of that. However, even then, DPP and HGSS were still considered more 'recent' at the time than previous installments. They still did it primarily to cash in and to coincide with releases. And it makes sense, while everyone plays the newest generation or the most recent generation before that, they're more likely to go for related merchandise and publications based on them. They don't care much about order. That's why I honestly doubt we will ever see western releases of the FRLG and HGSS chapters, especially if Viz keeps the mindset of, "Oh, they've already been covered by the RBY and GSC chapters." It's still nice to see them catch up, but even then.

It could also mean that Viz is happy enough with the sale figures that they want to go back to release these arcs to get more money. It would kind of make sense, given how they should be finished with the D/P/Pl volumes by some point next year and the only other Adventures arc that they'll be working on by then would be the B/W volumes, which may not release a lot of regular volumes frequently. Combined that with how Viz Media unfortunately rarely releases any Pokemon manga that isn't Adventures or the manga adaptation of the recent movie and it makes sense that they would want to go back to release the R/S arc to get more money. I seriously doubt that this hints at R/S remakes. While I'd like to see those remakes at some point, I think that there's more signs pointing to a new generation coming next year. Besides that, I don't think that they would use the release of R/S volumes as a way to celebrate R/S remakes.
    And of course... there's that... Though it still only proves my point that they're in it for the money. They always have been. Adventures initially did not sell very well, hence why they dropped it after the Yellow chapter and kept it like that for years. But eh, I've kind of stopped caring about Adventures at this point, so I shouldn't be so bitter about it.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Right... thank you for the reminder of that. However, even then, DPP and HGSS were still considered more 'recent' at the time than previous installments. They still did it primarily to cash in and to coincide with releases. And it makes sense, while everyone plays the newest generation or the most recent generation before that, they're more likely to go for related merchandise and publications based on them. They don't care much about order. That's why I honestly doubt we will ever see western releases of the FRLG and HGSS chapters, especially if Viz keeps the mindset of, "Oh, they've already been covered by the RBY and GSC chapters." It's still nice to see them catch up, but even then.
    They were more recent than the other previous generations, but considering that the first volume of D/P/Pl Adventures didn't come out until nearly four years after the games came out, I don't think that it's what I'd consider coinciding with releases. Kids will buy Pokemon related material regardless of what generation it's from if they like it. They did want to cash in the most recent generation with volumes ready for them to translate, but I don't really see how that's a bad thing. I don't know about HG/SS, but it would be a shame if they didn't translate FR/LG since it does tie into the Emerald arc and it would be a shame if they skipped both arcs. They could skip ahead to D/P/Pl without much of a problem since it didn't relate back to any of the older volumes until near the end I think, so not covering those arcs would be disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai
    And of course... there's that... Though it still only proves my point that they're in it for the money. They always have been. Adventures initially did not sell very well, hence why they dropped it after the Yellow chapter and kept it like that for years. But eh, I've kind of stopped caring about Adventures at this point, so I shouldn't be so bitter about it.
    Of course they're in it for the money. I never said otherwise. That's generally what most companies go for first and foremost. Everything else is secondary by comparison and while that can lead to some annoying decisions, like how they did stop selling Adventures after the Yellow arc before, I can't really get mad at them for just wanting money when that's what they strive for in the first place. To be fair, when they first started releasing Adventures, manga in general wasn't that popular if I recall correctly, so that was probably at least part of the reason why they didn't sell well. It would have been nice if they had continued or at least started to re-release them earlier so that there wouldn't have been such a huge gap, but considering how many volumes they've released when I didn't think I'd be able to get any copy of Adventures again, the release schedule for new volumes is fairly decent and they could quite possibly be going back to release the R/S volumes, I don't really feel quite upset at Viz for dropping Adventures back in the early 2000s at this point.

Blog Entries

No duh. Viz isn't a charity but I would stereotype them as "greedy businessmen" just because they're trying to make a living. If they drop a series, it's because sales are low and that's because not a lot of people aren't buying. It's bad luck for good yet underrated series but that's reality.

And if you stopped caring, then may I ask why you're here to begin with.
    Last edited by matt0044; 13th December 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Blog Entries

What else? To leave my own comment and thoughts of the RSE chapter being licensed. Granted my thoughts were rash and not the best, but I certainly did have a right.

Regarding my lack of care though, I still do like Adventures though, the older series that is. Everything from DPP to BW however has just been a mess to me and I lost interest after that. And yes, duh, Viz are in it for the money. My bitterness is more derived from their unnecessary rude responses to fans demanding for a continuation. Not that the fans were right either though...

Regarding my lack of care though, I still do like Adventures though, the older series that is. Everything from DPP to BW however has just been a mess to me and I lost interest after that. And yes, duh, Viz are in it for the money. My bitterness is more derived from their unnecessary rude responses to fans demanding for a continuation. Not that the fans were right either though...
    I don't think I've heard of any rude responses from Viz to fans demanding for a continuation. When I asked them about the R/S volumes being released last year, they were pretty straight forward with saying that they were re-launching with volume 30 and could release the other volumes if there was enough demand for it. Although, I'm not sure if you're referring to when they first dropped Adventures or the volumes in-between G/S/C and D/P/Pl.

Blog Entries

What else? To leave my own comment and thoughts of the RSE chapter being licensed. Granted my thoughts were rash and not the best, but I certainly did have a right.
    True. I guess in your shoes, I would've leave well enough alone in matters like these. But then again, I'm NOT you at all.

Blog Entries

I don't think I've heard of any rude responses from Viz to fans demanding for a continuation. When I asked them about the R/S volumes being released last year, they were pretty straight forward with saying that they were re-launching with volume 30 and could release the other volumes if there was enough demand for it. Although, I'm not sure if you're referring to when they first dropped Adventures or the volumes in-between G/S/C and D/P/Pl.
    It was something I've heard mention of from some fans at Serebii. Someone e-mailed Viz some many years back, and got a rude response in return.

It was something I've heard mention of from some fans at Serebii. Someone e-mailed Viz some many years back, and got a rude response in return.
    I never heart about that and like I said before, the response I got from Viz last year was fine. While it is rude of them to give fans responses like that, I wouldn't hold it against the company as a whole when it was probably just individuals having really bad days.

Anyway, I do hope that they release the rest of these volumes. I would pre-order volume fifteen the moment it comes online. Although, I wonder if they'll change it into volume one like they did with volume thirty. Given how its been over a year since volume fourteen came out and I think that the G/S/C volumes have already been released in a box set, I could see them doing that. It might be a bit of a shorter volume since they took the last G/S/C chapter to put in volume fourteen, which I still think was a great choice. Since they weren't interested in doing the R/S volumes at the time, it would have been a huge shame if people couldn't see the ending of the G/S/C arc for a long time. Still, I'd just love to get these volumes for myself since Viz releasing them is really the only way I can get them. Importing them would be too expensive, so that isn't really an option for me.

Blog Entries

Straight from Amazon, we've got total confirmation:

Pokemon Adventures Vol. 15
    Pokemon Adventures Vol. 16
    Pokemon Adventures Vol. 17

That is so awesome. This pretty much confirms that they'll release the R/S volumes and hopefully the other skipped arcs. I still think that they decided to go back to them due to how they're almost done with D/P/Pl and the B/W arc may not have a lot of regular volumes for them to release for awhile, but regardless of the reason, I'm so glad that they're finally going to release them. I'm so going to pre-order them.

Blog Entries

That is so awesome. This pretty much confirms that they'll release the R/S volumes and hopefully the other skipped arcs. I still think that they decided to go back to them due to how they're almost done with D/P/Pl and the B/W arc may not have a lot of regular volumes for them to release for awhile, but regardless of the reason, I'm so glad that they're finally going to release them. I'm so going to pre-order them.
    I don't normally listen to a song like this from a movie that spits in the Titanic victims' faces but why the hell not?

Oh and Look what else I found.
    Last edited by matt0044; 26th December 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Let's hope this is true...I haven't read the RS chapter in three years and I have forgotten almost all the not-so-majorly-important events. An American release would be the perfect chance to read it again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    Let's hope this is true...I haven't read the RS chapter in three years and I have forgotten almost all the not-so-majorly-important events. An American release would be the perfect chance to read it again.
    It's pretty much true.

Now lets see how Norman's parenting methods are handled by Viz...

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    It's pretty much true.

Now lets see how Norman's parenting methods are handled by Viz...
    I hope this is a truly-realized thing too. I personally love the RS arc [it is my favorite EVER. Even more than DPPt.], and hopefully this also leads to the FRLG and Emerald arcs being released as well, at least to have that continued continuity to the previous 14 volumes. It just doesn't work without it, unlike the newer sets [meaning DPPt and BW; HGSS doesn't count here, though I can't say that as I haven't read it yet...].

matt0044 - Oh man, YES. I wonder how much of it will stay in the US release, though if it remains unedited, I will be surprised. I actually wonder how Ruby will be treated too, given how he is.

- Juuchan17

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 12:38 PM