SPECIAL: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Wut, they're releasing it in March 2013?!

...they're really late to the party..

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by AOFIGO009 View Post
    That might be because the Kanto era is so popular & instantly recognisable as the starting point to Pokémon. The Ruby & Sapphire games weren't as well received by fans (dunno why, I loved it!!) & so maybe they figure they need to release when the games come out so the unpopular region and all about it is more fresh in our minds. I get confused about where Ruby & Sapphire are when I read the rounds online, but I read G/S/C after HG/SS came out so I could picture the route on a small & large scale, meaning I actually enjoyed them more, cus I could picture the landscape from my own ideas!!!
    I still don't think that they're trying to tie the manga volumes with the games. They didn't start release the D/P/Pl volumes until shortly before B/W were released. Those were the most recent games prior to B/W, but they still didn't bother to tie them together or begin releasing the volumes a bit earlier. I also don't think that they'll take into consideration how well fans took to those games in regards to when to release an arc. If kids see something about Pokemon and are already into Pokemon, then they'll probably buy the volume, regardless of when the games were available, if they played the specific game the arc is based around or how other fans received those games.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Ruby and Sapphire were released in the U.S. on March 19th, 2003. A manga release of the RS chapter in March of 2013 would be a great way to celebrate the games' tenth anniversary.
    SammyW27 likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Whether or not Hoenn's "relevant" or not, Pokemon is Pokemon and fans are likely going to check it out no matter what.
    VIZ will be thinking business tho!! They wanna maximise their profit as best they can!! What kinda business will they be if they just go "eh, it's Pokémon, people will buy it for a look and that's enough for us! We don't want anymore money!!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Ruby and Sapphire were released in the U.S. on March 19th, 2003. A manga release of the RS chapter in March of 2013 would be a great way to celebrate the games' tenth anniversary.
    That's pretty cool actually!! That would be the hook that would make the releases more relevant to boost sales!! And I swear I've read that anniversaries are significant in Pokémon! Something about when games are released in relation to the anime? There's something there surely!!!!

Blog Entries

I highly doubt that Viz care about celebrating any game's anniversary. Even Game Freak didn't bother to release HGSS in the same month as Gold and Silver's anniversary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I highly doubt that Viz care about celebrating any game's anniversary. Even Game Freak didn't bother to release HGSS in the same month as Gold and Silver's anniversary.
    It's a freaky coincidence though that the new date coincide with such an anniversary.

Registered User CrystalGiratina's Avatar

If VIZ does release it...That is awesome! What I've really wanted to read for a while is FR/LG (probably because Silver is in it, and he's my favorite character.)

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

About damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    What's up with that anyway As well received as the other remakes were, remakes for Gen 3 seemed very likely.
    Last edited by SammyW27; 9th December 2012 at 12:03 PM.

Blog Entries

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I wonder why they only updated volume 16.

That's so cool. It's kind of random to only update the summary for volume sixteen, as opposed to volume fifteen, but that does make the idea that they'll actually release the R/S volumes much more likely to happen this time around if they are making a summary for any volume.

Blog Entries

You know, this comes as a bit of a surprise to me... especially after observing Viz's previous 'business strategies' regarding their licensed Pokemon manga. Viz had really only licensed Pokemon manga to coincide with the latest game and generation releases. Why else would they initially skip the GSC, RSE, FRLG and Emerald chapters and go straight to the DPP chapters after many long years of a gap between that and the RBY chapter? They did it only because Generation IV was the newest generation at the time. Same thing when they decided to finally license the GSC chapter, they did it to coincide with HGSS. And again, when BW were the newest games, they went right ahead and brought the BW chapter overseas before Japan even began publishing it in tankobon format themselves. It's all a business ploy. So to suddenly see them license the RSE chapter and continue on the series yet again, is a bit surprising, to me at least.

It can really only mean a few things.

They're A) coinciding with the anniversary, or B) finally listening to the demands of fans. Both seem very doubtful to me though. It does make me wonder if it's hinting that there will be RSE remakes to be announced, and that they're only licensing this now to coincide with that, but even that is incredibly doubtful. And if Nintendo is planning on remaking them, I don't really think Viz would hear first hand of it.

Of course, this is all just a rumor so far. If it turns out to be false, I won't even raise an eyebrow and will just move on. But if it is true, then yay, more power to us Adventures fans (although I really only liked the RBY chapters myself). I'm certainly not complaining if they are released.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    You know, this comes as a bit of a surprise to me... especially after observing Viz's previous 'business strategies' regarding their licensed Pokemon manga. Viz had really only licensed Pokemon manga to coincide with the latest game and generation releases. Why else would they initially skip the GSC, RSE, FRLG and Emerald chapters and go straight to the DPP chapters after many long years of a gap between that and the RBY chapter? They did it only because Generation IV was the newest generation at the time. Same thing when they decided to finally license the GSC chapter, they did it to coincide with HGSS. And again, when BW were the newest games, they went right ahead and brought the BW chapter overseas before Japan even began publishing it in tankobon format themselves. It's all a business ploy. So to suddenly see them license the RSE chapter and continue on the series yet again, is a bit surprising, to me at least.
    I don't think that they started to release the D/P/Pl volumes until just a few days before the B/W games were released. They weren't even the most recent games by that point and they didn't release the G/S/C volumes until six months after HG/SS were released. The only volumes that really collided with the release of the video games were the B/W chapters since they didn't want to wait for the volumes to come out and went straight for the volumes with few chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai
    It can really only mean a few things.

They're A) coinciding with the anniversary, or B) finally listening to the demands of fans. Both seem very doubtful to me though. It does make me wonder if it's hinting that there will be RSE remakes to be announced, and that they're only licensing this now to coincide with that, but even that is incredibly doubtful. And if Nintendo is planning on remaking them, I don't really think Viz would hear first hand of it.

Of course, this is all just a rumor so far. If it turns out to be false, I won't even raise an eyebrow and will just move on. But if it is true, then yay, more power to us Adventures fans (although I really only liked the RBY chapters myself). I'm certainly not complaining if they are released.
    It could also mean that Viz is happy enough with the sale figures that they want to go back to release these arcs to get more money. It would kind of make sense, given how they should be finished with the D/P/Pl volumes by some point next year and the only other Adventures arc that they'll be working on by then would be the B/W volumes, which may not release a lot of regular volumes frequently. Combined that with how Viz Media unfortunately rarely releases any Pokemon manga that isn't Adventures or the manga adaptation of the recent movie and it makes sense that they would want to go back to release the R/S arc to get more money. I seriously doubt that this hints at R/S remakes. While I'd like to see those remakes at some point, I think that there's more signs pointing to a new generation coming next year. Besides that, I don't think that they would use the release of R/S volumes as a way to celebrate R/S remakes.
    matt0044 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    That's so cool. It's kind of random to only update the summary for volume sixteen, as opposed to volume fifteen, but that does make the idea that they'll actually release the R/S volumes much more likely to happen this time around if they are making a summary for any volume.
    Well, they don't really need to work on the volumes in order.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 28th December 2012, 12:38 PM