SPECIAL: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Default Re: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Good point. They definitely need to wait on the HGSS volumes 'til they catch up. Though that means HGSS will be very outdated by the time they decide to release it, IF they decide to even bother with it at all.
    They bothered with the RGB and Y chapters and those were outdated as HELL!

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    They didn't really have a choice with those though, lol. But yeah, if they bother to release R/S, FR/LG and Emerald they'll probably do HGSS too, unless they're only releasing them on anniversaries or something.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 7th October 2012 at 12:24 AM.

They didn't really have a choice with those though, lol.
    Well, point is that they sold anyways despite Kanto not being "in." Same with Johto LONG after HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad
    Hopefully they'll do what they did with D/P/Pt and BW and have them be their own set of volumes. I don't quite like the idea of giving the volumes the wrong number, and I don't really think Viz would do that either. Though given some of their other decisions, who knows...
    I really don't see the point of treating two volumes as a set. As for deviating from the Japanese volumes, they've already done that with the DPPt and BW chapters, and you're suggesting that they do the same with the HGSS chapter. If anything, a numerical deviation is less noticeable.

Well, point is that they sold anyways despite Kanto not being "in." Same with Johto LONG after HGSS.
    Oh I know that; that's why I think it's silly they've still been holding back on some of the older volumes in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I really don't see the point of treating two volumes as a set. As for deviating from the Japanese volumes, they've already done that with the DPPt and BW chapters, and you're suggesting that they do the same with the HGSS chapter. If anything, a numerical deviation is less noticeable.
    It could possibly be 3 volumes. You do have a point though. Maybe instead they could have it follow after the DPPT volumes? The final Platinum volume does have a couple of additional pages to seque way it nicely into HGSS anyway. And oh I realize that, and for the record I didn't like it any more when they did it then either. It's just it's already been done, so doing it a third time doesn't do anymore harm, and I prefer it to the alternative.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 6th October 2012 at 11:24 PM.

It could possibly be 3 volumes.
    How? It has been confirmed that the second HGSS volume will be the last one in Japan.

Maybe instead they could have it follow after the DPPT volumes? The final Platinum volume does have a couple of additional pages to seque way it nicely into HGSS anyway.
    That's pretty insignificant. I assume that the main reason the DPPt volumes are separate is that they have very few references to the previous chapters (with the only notable exception being Sird) and they don't appear to have a solid connection to the HGSS chapter, which makes it excusable to release them at any time.

How? It has been confirmed that the second HGSS volume will be the last one in Japan.
    I thought I read somewhere that volume 43 would have some HGSS chapters in it too. Maybe not the full volume, but some chapters included nonetheless. That info could've been wrong though. Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway, since I agreed that you were right about it being too short to release on its own.

That's pretty insignificant. I assume that the main reason the DPPt volumes are separate is that they have very few references to the previous chapters (with the only notable exception being Sird) and they don't appear to have a solid connection to the HGSS chapter, which makes it excusable to release them at any time.
    I never said it was significant. =P My point was that if they did decide to do that there's stuff that would help segue way them. I'm pretty sure the main reason they released DPPt separately was so they could catch up to Japan faster, but you're right the few references to past arcs was why they were able to. Sird and her revealing everything that happened in past arcs is not the only connection though, there's also a scene that shows silhouettes of all the Dexholders.

In case you're wondering, the volume numbers being different isn't the main reason HGSS (and BW?) being included with the other volumes would irk me. The main reason is it would feel weird for everything aside from DPPt to be included in that set.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 7th October 2012 at 12:14 AM.

In case you're wondering, the volume numbers being different isn't the main reason HGSS (and BW?) being included with the other volumes would irk me. The main reason is it would feel weird for everything aside from DPPt to be included in that set.
    Would it? For whatever reason, Kusaka chose against tying the DPPt chapters to their predecessors. Yes, Sird shows up and the previous Pokédex holders are referenced, but the aftermath of the Emerald chapter is completely irrelevant.

Would it? For whatever reason, Kusaka chose against tying the DPPt chapters to their predecessors. Yes, Sird shows up and the previous Pokédex holders are referenced, but the aftermath of the Emerald chapter is completely irrelevant.
    It may be irrelevant, but they were still tied to a degree (and more so than Ruby/Sapphire were to the arcs before it), and released as part of the series.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 7th October 2012 at 12:34 AM.

It may be irrelevant, but they were still tied to a degree, and released as part of the series.
    At any rate, the damage has already been done as far as the DPPt volumes are concerned. In my opinion, that shouldn't mean that the HGSS chapter (which actually follows from the previous chapters) should have the same fate.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    This happened before once, too. Viz put up release dates for the RS volumes, but they never came out. Heck, the date for the first one had already passed by the time we noticed.
    yeah i remember this too! because of that i was skeptical when i saw this topic's title, but i will keep an inkling of hope since March 2013 is a long way off still. i've been tempted to order Chuang Yi's volume 15-29 for a while now, since I didn't think VIZ Media would do it, but now if this might happen I will wait a little longer.

As for HGSS volumes, I would prefer them numbered seperately, instead of put in the wrong order after the end of the Emerald chapter. Really, it's a little messy, but it's already been started with the Diamond & Pearl chapter and the Black & White chapter, so at least it's consistent. It also reminds me of how the series Pokémon Pocket Monsters by Kousaku Anakubo is done even in Japan, there was first the Kanto story arc then the Johto story arc, then the series changed names to Pocket Monsters RS (Pokémon Ruby-Sapphire in Singapore) and the numbers started over, then again for Pocket Monsters DP, Pocket Monsters HGSS, and now Pocket Monsters BW. It also reminds me of the anime series - Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto was all the original series, then Advanced Generation started when RS came out, then again for the Diamond & Pearl series and the Best Wishes series. It sucks a little I guess to have the numbers changed around from the Japanese version, but it's overall not that uncommon at least in Pokémon for this kind of thing to happen, even in Japan. Hell, VIZ Media has even done this before in other localisations of manga series, like when they did Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z seperately and changed the numbers instead of one continuous series. As long as we eventually see the complete set of volumes translated by VIZ Media (that's kinda my dream :P) I don't care as much what the numbers are as long as we have all the content (at least mostly, because of those well known edits). That's my two cents anyway :P

Anyone subscribe to the theory that they're waiting for the expected release of Ruby & Sapphire remakes to release the Ruby & Sapphire manga?

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by AOFIGO009 View Post
    Anyone subscribe to the theory that they're waiting for the expected release of Ruby & Sapphire remakes to release the Ruby & Sapphire manga?
    That actually has been one of the more common theories I've heard regarding when they'll released the R/S arcs. It's possible, although that would mean that R/S volumes wouldn't come out for another couple of years at least. I'm not sure how likely something that is considering they didn't have to time the R/B/G/Y volumes to the release of FR/LG and the G/S volumes didn't come out until months after HG/SS came out.

That might be because the Kanto era is so popular & instantly recognisable as the starting point to Pokémon. The Ruby & Sapphire games weren't as well received by fans (dunno why, I loved it!!) & so maybe they figure they need to release when the games come out so the unpopular region and all about it is more fresh in our minds. I get confused about where Ruby & Sapphire are when I read the rounds online, but I read G/S/C after HG/SS came out so I could picture the route on a small & large scale, meaning I actually enjoyed them more, cus I could picture the landscape from my own ideas!!!

Whether or not Hoenn's "relevant" or not, Pokemon is Pokemon and fans are likely going to check it out no matter what.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast