SPECIAL: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Default VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

Don't get your hopes too up but look at this: VIZ Kids

And someone changed the title. Odd.
    Last edited by matt0044; 2nd October 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Default Re: VIZ to be releasing the RS chapters of Adventures?

This happened before once, too. Viz put up release dates for the RS volumes, but they never came out. Heck, the date for the first one had already passed by the time we noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    This happened before once, too. Viz put up release dates for the RS volumes, but they never came out. Heck, the date for the first one had already passed by the time we noticed.
    This was put on their site recently and look at the date: March 2013. I think I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt (for now at least).

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I remember seeing release dates for these volumes a few months ago. Though, the release date for volume 15 was different. The fact that they updated the release date and only seems to have volume 15 up instead of all of the volumes for the R/S, FR/LG and Emerald arcs does give me hope that they'll finally start releasing those volumes. I really hope that they do since importing the volumes would be pretty impossible for me and I would love to own these volumes, especially when the R/S arc is my favorite one thus far. I would just love to pre-order this volume along with the new D/P/Pl and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's volumes.

They've also marked volumes 16 and 17 now too. I guess we'll know for sure if/when we see them appear on Amazon. If they do we should also get some volume covers and synopsis before too long as well.

Though the first volume is going to be shorter than usual. I also wonder if they really are releasing the volumes, if they're just going to do R/S or R/S, FR/LG and E.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    They've also marked volumes 16 and 17 now too. I guess we'll know for sure if/when we see them appear on Amazon. If they do we should also get some volume covers and synopsis before too long as well.

Though the first volume is going to be shorter than usual. I also wonder if they really are releasing the volumes, if they're just going to do R/S or R/S, FR/LG and E.
    Though I have my share of misgivings about this (can't be TOO careful now), there's nothing to suggest that this is all a rouse so I'll give this the benefit of the doubt.

Who knows. I just hope we get them and should there be edits, I at least hope they're convincing enough and never take away from the story itself.

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

Oh man, I hope this is for real this time! I really enjoyed the RS arc, so if this is really happening, I shall be hoping that Viz Kids doesn't ruin the sheer awesome that this arc of the story brings to the franchise [because I fear for it... I really do.] Plus I hope and pray that this isn't like the last time they did this. And that they add a "Ruby & Sapphire" subtitle to it like they did with the other recent arcs.

...So, does this mean that those online petitions from the protesting PokeSpe fans worked?

- Juuchan17

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Well they've updated the release dates for every volume, and interestingly enough the first volume of Ruby/Sapphire will come out in the month of American Ruby and Sapphire's anniversary, while the latter arcs first volume is released on the year of their anniversary.

Here are the updated dates:

volume 15- March 5, 2013
    volume 16- May 7, 2013
    volume 17- July 2, 2013
    volume 18- September 3, 2013
    volume 19- November 5, 2013

volume 20- January 7, 2014
    volume 21- March 4, 2014
    volume 22- May 6, 2014
    volume 23- July 1, 2014
    volume 24- September 2, 2014
    volume 25- November 4, 2014

volume 26- January 6, 2015
    volume 27- March 3, 2015
    volume 28- May 5, 2015
    volume 29- July 7, 2015

Though it still may not mean anything. Amazon has yet to have any placeholders for any of the volumes and when someone emailed Viz about it they replied with "We have no plans at the moment but that may change". (that could just be them not wanting to confirm anything yet though or something)

Well, the release dates still sound plausible. Although having a two month gap between each volume would be kind of weird when the D/P/Pl has about a four month gap between its new releases, but that might have to do with that arc being more recent and not all of the volumes were released in Japan by the time they started it. I'd be fine with getting a new Adventures volume every couple of months. I'm not sure if they would plan the release dates for all of those volumes two year in advance, but I think it would make sense for them to start releasing the R/S arc by that point anyway. They'll probably be able to finish releasing the D/P/Pl arc by sometime next year and I don't know how long it's going to take to start releasing the regular volumes for B/W. Since Viz seems to be primarily interested in Adventures and the yearly manga adaptation of the new movie, even though they could license another series like Reburst, they would have to go with the R/S arc to get more Adventures volumes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Although having a two month gap between each volume would be kind of weird when the D/P/Pl has about a four month gap between its new releases, but that might have to do with that arc being more recent and not all of the volumes were released in Japan by the time they started it.
    It's actually not weird since that was the same release rate for volumes 1-14, and it only makes sense the volumes after it but before the DP ones would be released at the same rate.

I'm not sure if they would plan the release dates for all of those volumes two year in advance, but I think it would make sense for them to start releasing the R/S arc by that point anyway. They'll probably be able to finish releasing the D/P/Pl arc by sometime next year and I don't know how long it's going to take to start releasing the regular volumes for B/W.
    Yeah, that's the only thing that's kind of weird, but I guess they want to update the dates on their sites or something? I dunno... And they're waiting for the regular volumes of BW to come out in Japan first. Though I do wonder if they'll start releasing them when they come out, or release HGSS first.

If they actually get around to releasing all the remaining volumes, I assume that the HGSS volumes will be labeled Adventures Vol. 30 and 31. One could argue that the HGSS chapter is a sequel of the Emerald one.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    It's actually not weird since that was the same release rate for volumes 1-14, and it only makes sense the volumes after it but before the DP ones would be released at the same rate.
    Oh yeah. It's been so long since I first got the re-released volumes and the G/S/C volumes that I forgot that there was only about a two month gap between their release dates. Considering that these volumes have been out for a long time, it would make more sense to release them as quickly as possible instead of putting it off.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad
    Yeah, that's the only thing that's kind of weird, but I guess they want to update the dates on their sites or something? I dunno... And they're waiting for the regular volumes of BW to come out in Japan first. Though I do wonder if they'll start releasing them when they come out, or release HGSS first.
    I don't know if they would want to update the dates on their sites that far in advance, especially if it isn't supposed to be officially announced yet. Having the release dates planned out for the next two years still makes me a bit worried that it's another mistake like the last time. Although, the fact that the first release date hasn't already passed us by does give me more hope that they'll release these volumes. Waiting for the regular volumes of BW to come out in Japan makes sense and that still makes me think that they'll go for releasing these skipped volumes if only so that they can continue to have more new Adventures volumes hitting the shelves, rather than just maybe one or two volumes for BW out a year. They'll probably go for the BW volumes first since the games are a bit more recent, but hopefully they'll release the HG/SS volumes not too long after the other arcs.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

You know, it's funny.

People always point out the reference to Sapphire's Gym record and Dex holders cameo are plot holes without these arcs. While true, they're both extremely small ones.

The HGSS chapter is what people should worry about. I mean, look at it. Being able to follow it properly requires knowledge of what happened in the FRLG and Emerald chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Don't get your hopes too up but look at this: VIZ Kids

And someone changed the title. Odd.
    I did that because your title was too ambiguous. If people are gonna check a thread, it should be clear what the thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

The HGSS chapter is what people should worry about. I mean, look at it. Being able to follow it properly requires knowledge of what happened in the FRLG and Emerald chapters.
    Hopefully, after DPPt, Viz postpones HGSS until after Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If they actually get around to releasing all the remaining volumes, I assume that the HGSS volumes will be labeled Adventures Vol. 30 and 31. One could argue that the HGSS chapter is a sequel of the Emerald one.
    Hopefully they'll do what they did with D/P/Pt and BW and have them be their own set of volumes. I don't quite like the idea of giving the volumes the wrong number, and I don't really think Viz would do that either. Though given some of their other decisions, who knows...

I don't know if they would want to update the dates on their sites that far in advance, especially if it isn't supposed to be officially announced yet. Having the release dates planned out for the next two years still makes me a bit worried that it's another mistake like the last time. Although, the fact that the first release date hasn't already passed us by does give me more hope that they'll release these volumes.
    The latter ones could all just be updated placeholder dates. Or all of them could be. Either way, we'll end up finding out before too long once we either see it on Amazon and other sites, and/or they post more info on their own site.

Waiting for the regular volumes of BW to come out in Japan makes sense and that still makes me think that they'll go for releasing these skipped volumes if only so that they can continue to have more new Adventures volumes hitting the shelves, rather than just maybe one or two volumes for BW out a year.
    That's possible. Though I hate they paused the releases for so long, since that means we're going to have to wait a lot longer for all the volumes this way... And actually we can expect 3-4 BW volumes a year. (believe 4 is the average) Since that's the typical release rate for the Japanese volumes. Japan's also been wanting to catch up too, so once they get to BW they may start releasing more volumes than usual in order to try to get the volumes up to (or around) the magazine chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Good point. They definitely need to wait on the HGSS volumes 'til they catch up. Though that means HGSS will be very outdated by the time they decide to release it, IF they decide to even bother with it at all.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast