VIZ releasing Pokemon Special D/P arc volume in February 2011

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIZ releasing Pokemon Special D/P arc volume in February 2011

OSHAWHAT?

Default VIZ releasing Pokemon Special D/P arc volume in February 2011

No, seriously...

Honestly, I would've done a one-volume-per-month speed up starting next year, but heeeeey...

Thanks to SmartD on Sppf for noticing this...

Default Re: VIZ releasing Pokemon Special D/P arc volume in February 2011

With the "Platinum" in the title, does that mean that Platina's name won't be kept secret?

Pokémon White

OSHAWHAT?

People are speculating that it's called "Pokemon Adventures Platinum" instead of "Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl" in order not to confuse itself with "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure."

In any case, I highly doubt it.

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh shit. Talk about Fast forward. They're skipping the entire R&S saga...my Favorite. ;/

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    People are speculating that it's called "Pokemon Adventures Platinum" instead of "Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl" in order not to confuse itself with "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure."
    And the Macekre begins, my friends... This is surely the first of many horrible changes.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

Um, so what happened to RS, FRLG, and Emerald? Not that I don't mind DP but...

EDIT: Oh guys, stop complaining.

1. Be happy we're getting SPED UP releases.

2. Yeah, they added a "Platinum" subtitle. But that's smart. Why?
    - A. It doesn't confuse people with DP Adventure. Having Adventure DP and DP Adventure would suck.
    - B. Platinum was the "Director's Cut" of DP, meaning it was more "true to the view" than DP was.
    - C. The real Platinum arc isn't going anywhere - literally, so it's not like we should actually care about this subtitle.

3. No, this will not be a Mackere of the manga. Look at Viz's translations of other Pokemon manga, and manga in general. You'll see that they aren't 4Kids like people seem to think and do stick to the original translations. You're basically getting what Chaung Yi gave you but better and in English wordings and phrases you are familiar with. Viz knows what they are doing.
    Last edited by NeoKING; 24th July 2010 at 07:06 PM.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Um, so what happened to RS, FRLG, and Emerald? Not that I don't mind DP but...
    I echo the question. This is an actual issue of concern.

Certainly, they can skip the whole GenIII for DP and not suffer, mostly because DP is kinda independent from all the other PokeSpe chapters... so far. We don't know if the Platinum arc will ever tie them up.

...but what about the GenIII chapters? We still want them! They're among the best bits of the PokeSpe manga!

More fanfiction at:

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those are some of the best chapters I should add...

Blog Entries

It'd suck if they're holding them out for possible Gen III remakes. Oh wait, I just realized this meant that Pokemon Adventures Gold & Silver will be released along with Pokemon Adventures Platinum. Looks like they want to give us the full Gen IV treatment. However, if they're releasing two different chapters then why not release the RS one as well then work up to Emerald? Guess that's a lot of work for 'em. But it's alright, at the rate they're going at, by the time their Platinum books hit the teens, the GS chapter will hit volume 15 AKA the start of the RS saga in no time, so I guess it is nothing to worry about. I mean, they already have volumes 8-10 planned out, so we're okay.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

It'd suck if they're holding them out for possible Gen III remakes.
    That makes no sense to me, but I can totally see the marketing department agreeing with the thought. Cash in with what's already there, not waiting until the actual chapter for those potential remakes is done...

But if they weren't remade, or worse, their chapter got published in haste or something, we'd never see the RS, FRLG and Emerald arcs in our lifetimes!

More fanfiction at:

I'm mostly annoyed that they're starting the numbering over than anything else...

Honestly, it looks like they're just going to release them at the same time, since volume 11 is out on the same day: Link I don't see them changing the title as being any indicator of a terrible translation or editing anything.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    That makes no sense to me, but I can totally see the marketing department agreeing with the thought. Cash in with what's already there, not waiting until the actual chapter for those potential remakes is done...

But if they weren't remade, or worse, their chapter got published in haste or something, we'd never see the RS, FRLG and Emerald arcs in our lifetimes!
    Like I said in my earlier post, we're going to get the RSE and FRLG arcs. The book where GS ends is volume 15, which is about 10% the final battle of GS and 90% the start of RS, so they're going to release RS onwards to DP normally. Just give them time, we'll get to RSE and FRLG in no time at all via the bi-monthly releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I'm mostly annoyed that they're starting the numbering over than anything else...
    What do you expect? You want them to name the first DP volume "Volume 20-something or other" so everyone is aware that there's a crapload of volumes that have been skipped?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I have a feeling that we're getting Adventures: Platinum to give us a more up-to-date story with newer Pokémon, and the RSEFRLG sagas will be released at the usual rate that the GS arc is.

However, they could have done a Naruto/One Piece and release loads of volumes a month until they caught up xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    I have a feeling that we're getting Adventures: Platinum to give us a more up-to-date story with newer Pokémon, and the RSEFRLG sagas will be released at the usual rate that the GS arc is.

However, they could have done a Naruto/One Piece and release loads of volumes a month until they caught up xD
    The problem with that is that Naruto/One Piece is not a complete story. Neither is Pokemon Adventures/Special, but by adding subtitles to the bottom ("Gold and Silver," "Platinum") they define each chapter as it's own series, so releasing all those volumes a month would be seen as an effort to release the all the series at once regarding most of the arcs other than DP, because most of them are only about 3-5 volumes and it's generally a bad idea to release an entire manga series at once when it's complete.

If they do that, then they lose out on any chance to release "Complete Set"-styled releases that contain all the volumes of a specific chapter, which Viz has a habit of doing.

Blog Entries

What do you expect? You want them to name the first DP volume "Volume 20-something or other" so everyone is aware that there's a crapload of volumes that have been skipped?
    Yes, yes we do.

I don't care if this is a "at least we're getting the volumes released legally in the USA!" issue, those guys should respect the fan community they've neglected for so long and stick to what those "new, separate" volumes actually are.

More fanfiction at:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast