Viz Media License "Pokémon Black & White" Manga - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Viz Media License "Pokémon Black & White" Manga

Default Re: Viz Media License "Pokémon Black & White" Manga

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    Yes, yes there are. Actually there is a lot more than that that happens between the magazine and volume releases. Not only are there chapters added in, but there are also multiple image, dialogue and scene changes, occasional team changes, new scenes added entirely, chapters combined and cut into a smaller number of chapters, and many other changes that happen in the actual volume release of Special/Adventures that weren't included in the magazine version.
    They don't add chapters from what I know... got any examples? All I've seen is them chopping up certain chapters and moving some pages into other chapters for things to flow better, as well as some minor redrawings.

But yeah, this is a pretty terrible way to release the series. Presumably Chuang Yi will release the volumes properly, though.
    So.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    They don't add chapters from what I know... got any examples? All I've seen is them chopping up certain chapters and moving some pages into other chapters for things to flow better, as well as some minor redrawings.

But yeah, this is a pretty terrible way to release the series. Presumably Chuang Yi will release the volumes properly, though.
    Well they do add stuff like giving an ending to the Emerald chapter or changing the ending of the DP chapter greatly

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I think it's a pretty safe bet, though. At worst, we'll get it late like we did the Manaphy adaptation.

I feel like Reburst has the best chances of getting picked up next.
    It's so weird that, with all the series out there, we don't get more. DPA was a crapshoot, and I think it paid off. It seems to be more popular outside Japan than in! You'd think Viz would take some lessons from that, at least.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

If anything

The Hero of Thunder and Fire and ReBURST are the most likely to come out in the US

Kiwamero is low due to me doubting Viz wants to release a walkthrough series, Pocket Monsters will never come out in the US unless they pull a Adventures (never happening), and Meetings with the Legends is a one shot, so nope

Blog Entries

They do one-shots though. They did Ginji's Rescue Team, and all the movie comics are basically standalones. Surprised they didn't pick up the Satoshi and Hikari comic (I'm unsure of the title), or Golden Boys, or even some of the 4-komas.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Legendary Encounters is only 33 pages, though. The one-shots Viz has released in the past have all been significantly longer.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

As far as I know Viz is perfectly aware of different versions for magazine and volume releases, I remember hearing that Naruto and Bleach both have the Japanese magazine versions used for the English magazine version, and the Japanese volume version used for the English volume version. Of course they then go and edit the magazine version even more, but eh...

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    It's so weird that, with all the series out there, we don't get more. DPA was a crapshoot, and I think it paid off. It seems to be more popular outside Japan than in! You'd think Viz would take some lessons from that, at least.
    i always wondered if DPA! and Ginji's Rescue Team were VIZ testing the market for interest in Pokémon manga, potentially leading up to the rerelease of Adventures. not sure how that makes sense, but eh.

Yay i cant wait to read it

Blog Entries

Pokespe? Boo. I want any other manga but Pokespe, we know they're going to license that manga all the time..

YugiMoto-Quote-Reikokuna Altaïr Ibn La' Ahad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes! finnaly someone made a thread about this! My sister reads it all the time, it's an interesting story worth reading.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YugiMoto View Post
    Yes! finnaly someone made a thread about this! My sister reads it all the time, it's an interesting story worth reading.
    It...hasn't...even...come..out yet

How can you read this?

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    It...hasn't...even...come..out yet

How can you read this?
    I'm assuming *whispers*y'know...*whispers*.

Then again, do *whispers*y'know*whispers* groups actually do it as the magazine prints them, or wait for volumes? I dunno, as I'm a good boy.

Either that, or they mean Adventures as a whole.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Then again, do *whispers*y'know*whispers* groups actually do it as the magazine prints them, or wait for volumes? I dunno, as I'm a good boy.
    i generally dont read AHEMMMMMMMMMM but i am aware of groups that will AHEEEEEEMMM before they get volume-released. *shifty eyes*

Blog Entries

You guys are toeing the line, you know. Besides, there ARE people outside Japan who can read Japanese, and these magazines ARE carried at some stores outside Japan. I'm in Oregon, US, and I can buy them at Kinokuniya. It's entirely possible to read Special and other comics before they get translated without resorting to illegal means.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast