Strange/annoying things in the manga - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange/annoying things in the manga

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Strange/annoying things in the manga

A teenager can be an adult depending on the legal age of the setting. Putting aside that supposedly the pokemon universe's legal age is 10 and only comparing it to the real world, at least in the US the age of consent ranges from I believe 15 to 18 depending on which state you're in.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    She's still only a teenager. In other words, not an adult.
    In Japan, that's legal.

And let's stop fighting guys.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    A teenager can be an adult depending on the legal age of the setting. Putting aside that supposedly the pokemon universe's legal age is 10 and only comparing it to the real world, at least in the US the age of consent ranges from I believe 15 to 18 depending on which state you're in.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    In Japan, that's legal.
    That doesn't make it any less creepy (to me, at least).

Pokémon White

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the creepiest part about that scene is that he has the same pickup moves as his ten (?)-year-old son. Apparently that bloodline plays fast and loose with the definition of "maturity".

I haven't actually been able to buy volume 7 yet, but I'm assuming that scene is uncensored in the English version? (I probably should have asked this before using it in my argument, but oh well...)

Pokémon White

Regarding including the word "hell", I would point out that EToP used the word "damnation".

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
    Regarding including the word "hell", I would point out that EToP used the word "damnation".
    The new releases are being censored more than the older ones.

Pokémon White

I find it strange that most of the Dex Holders are so ingenious. I mean, it's like no one even questioned how a hick like Yellow figured out the principal behind Lance's Bubble technique, or any of the ingenious stuff she pulls off despite being a bumpkin from the Viridian Forest. I mean, Green has been trained professionally since youth, Blue and Silver needed to be smart to survive, Gold is used to pulling all sorts of tricks on people to get his way, Pearl inherits his father's battle sense, and Platinum is a bookworm, so I understand that, but Yellow?
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I find it strange that most of the Dex Holders are so ingenious. I mean, it's like no one even questioned how a hick like Yellow figured out the principal behind Lance's Bubble technique, or any of the ingenious stuff she pulls off despite being a bumpkin from the Viridian Forest. I mean, Green has been trained professionally since youth, Blue and Silver needed to be smart to survive, Gold is used to pulling all sorts of tricks on people to get his way, Pearl inherits his father's battle sense, and Platinum is a bookworm, so I understand that, but Yellow?
    Yellow's Viridian powers make her better than everyone else.

Semi-OT: Lady Berlitz's name is "Platina", not "Platinum".

Pokémon White

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Eh... OK, that actually can't be justified, not even with the a Pokemon did it / taught her / told her / whatever excuse.

...and I was actually wondering the same some days ago, but then I decided the thought came in between me and the ultimate enjoyment of her character, so I let it go.

THAT'S AN EFFING LIE! That's only a fanon name, because people can't accept a girl being named so weirdly / being named like a guy could be named!

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

Oh, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    Eh... OK, that actually can't be justified, not even with the a Pokemon did it / taught her / told her / whatever excuse.
    As I said before, maybe her Viridian powers allow her to be that skilled.

THAT'S AN EFFING LIE! That's only a fanon name, because people can't accept a girl being named so weirdly / being named like a guy could be named!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiko-kun View Post
    Neither Chuang Yi nor Viz has given her official English name, so a direct romanization of her Japanese name (Purachina/Platina) should be used instead.

Pokémon White

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Neither Chuang Yi nor Viz has given her official English name, so a direct romanization of her Japanese name (Purachina/Platina) should be used instead.
    It's actually read Platinum anyways. It's an actual word in Japanese and everything. Try again.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    It's actually read Platinum anyways. It's an actual word in Japanese and everything. Try again.
    Names aren't supposed to be translated; they're just supposed to be written as close as possible in the Latin alphabet. "Platina" is closer to "Purachina" then "Platinum" so it is the correct romanization until stated otherwise by Viz or Chuang Yi.

Her name is プラチナ
    プ = pu
    ラ = ra
    チ = chi
    ナ = na

If it were supposed to be "Platinum", there would be a "mu" or a long "a" at the end.
    Last edited by Shiny Noctowl; 25th July 2010 at 10:20 PM.

Pokémon White

The Singaporean translation isn't censored.
    its literally word for word the same translation as the VIZ one -.-
    [/URL]

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast