SPECIAL: So why does Special have such an effed up release, anyway? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So why does Special have such an effed up release, anyway?

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: So why does Special have such an effed up release, anyway?

I can't stand this convoluted releasing that I've absolutely refused to continue reading the series (even though I've spoiled myself silly with major events) until there is some semblance of order. It's baffling to me how the consolidated tenkobon volumes could somehow still just have barely touched HGSS is baffling to me. And don't get me started on the utter ridiculousness that is the BW chapter.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    Why not tweet one or both of them? I am sure that they won't mind the question as long as you don't imply that they're lazy, although they appear to be just that.
    I might just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Violent Tomboy
    The Platinum chapters still ran in the magazines during the hype.
    I know that. What I'm saying is that the graphic novels don't come out until way after the hype has died down.

Pocket Monsters Platinum is nearly four years old (September 2008) at this point. These graphic novels should have come out *years* ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai
    Unless this all has something to do with copyrights, and getting Nintendo's approval.
    They wouldn't have to get any more approval than any other manga out there.

And I mean, really, if Viz can get the green light to make their own Black and White graphic novels, there's no reason to believe that the original authors of the thing would have any problems with getting Nintendo's approval.
    matt0044, Chika and Sakarii like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

OSHAWHAT?

Whatever they're doing, it isn't updating Netkun's gallery...

While it doesn't have to do with the graphic novels and chapters themselves, I feel like I might as well mention the Gallery page on Netkun's site for this series. It mainly has many of the front and back covers for this series, from Volume 10 onward. It hasn't updated in I don't know how long, but more than just a few months. They've got plenty of more recent volumes to put pictures up on, so it's not like they've run out of content.
    Seasons =/= Regions

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Whatever they're doing, it isn't updating Netkun's gallery...

While it doesn't have to do with the graphic novels and chapters themselves, I feel like I might as well mention the Gallery page on Netkun's site for this series. It mainly has many of the front and back covers for this series, from Volume 10 onward. It hasn't updated in I don't know how long, but more than just a few months. They've got plenty of more recent volumes to put pictures up on, so it's not like they've run out of content.
    It hasn't updated since 2008. However, from what I hear, volume 40 indicates that the gallery will update soon.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

I really hope the gallery does update soon, considering it still has [NEW] tags next to pictures from the Emerald arc. It'd be nice if we see those colored images from volume 40 in full seeing as to how they were thrown into a collage in the volume, but any sort of update to it would be appreciated by this point.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The front page of the site also says that Pocket Monsters Special runs in the Shougaku Yon-Nensei, a magazine that ceased publication back in March.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 20th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jeez, this seriously pisses me off. But I think it's due to the whole running 3 (now 2) arcs at the same time issue. I remember when Kusaka was running Pt, HGSS and the BW arcs at the same time.

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    So why don't Kusaka and Yamamoto get their manga printed in a weekly magazine instead?
    Is there any weekly kids magazines they could get their work published in?

But wouldn't you think they could get more money if they released the series in a way that the average fan could actually *follow*?

I imagine there's been a significant number of people who have gone "fuck dealing with this, I'll just wait for the graphic novels," after all. And why wouldn't they?
    Apparently things are working out well enough for the magazines to where they're content just sticking with how things are going.

I know of some, but only English-speaking ones, haha.

Just about all their contemporaries do weekly series *and* graphic novels in the same amount of time. I refuse to believe that Kusaka and Yamamoto are so busy doing their measely two chapters a month (if that!) that they don't have the extra time to draw a graphic novel cover here or a character bio page there.
    Sorry about that, I was just thinking of reasons out loud there. But yeah, I definitely don't think that's the reason either.

It doesn't take two years to make a single volume's worth of content. Japanese manga typically takes a week per chapter, so with that in mind, Kusaka and Yamamoto are only working two weeks out of the month. They should have plenty of time during the other half of the month to work on additional content.
    Technically it's only been 10 months, not an actual year or two. But yeah, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
    I remember when Kusaka was running Pt, HGSS and the BW arcs at the same time.[/COLOR]
    There was a point when RS, FRLG and E were all running at the same time too.
    Last edited by 1dbad; 10th June 2012 at 05:18 AM.

Registered User The Violent Tomboy's Avatar

Jeez. For the past few months they definitely haven't been lazy, especially Yamamoto. They've been making volume 40 from scratch alongside of the magazine releases (and are reworking the HGSS chapters for volume release), not to mention the colored images. When Yamamoto was nearly done with one of the pictures and posted them on his twitter, someone pointed out a something was colored wrong and he said he'd have to redo the whole thing. And also, most action manga series don't bother with screen tones.

OSHAWHAT?

I guess they assume someone reading the series magazine-wise would choose one magazine and get parts of the adventure, not all in consecutive order, and if he or she wants more, he could buy an additional magazine.

Although I'm pretty sure in the past the different magazines separated the arcs or the characters more often (ex. Sapphire's adventures in one of the Grade magazines and Ruby in another. or just completely different sagas in different magazines.)

Then eventually if you're with a magazine where the story doesn't end, you're encouraged to get the graphic novels.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Violent Tomboy View Post
    Jeez. For the past few months they definitely haven't been lazy, especially Yamamoto. They've been making volume 40 from scratch alongside of the magazine releases
    Platinum's run in the magazines ended more than two years ago. I don't know when they started working on volume 40's content, but they should have done it in 2010 simultaneously with HGSS' magazine run.

This sort of release schedule has bothered me since I first found out about it. I'm thinking that, for the company, PokeSpe must not be the thing that's making them the big bucks nor do they care to make it do so. If they wanted to make PokeSpe make them the big bucks, they would of fixed things long ago. There is no real excuse for how this series gets screwed over except for that the company doesn't care enough to make changes. Perhaps that PokeSpe isn't making that much money (wouldn't be surprising And that Kusaka is trying to get a 3rd magazine to post in rather than just one kinda is the nail in the coffin. I just don't get why the company cares about the games hype when they should know that they aren't ever going to properly use it with the way things are now.

I also don't get how fans are willing to put up with such a schedule; I would of stopped bother reading it unless the magazine had other interesting things.

Quote Originally Posted by The Violent Tomboy View Post
    Jeez. For the past few months they definitely haven't been lazy, especially Yamamoto. They've been making volume 40 from scratch alongside of the magazine releases (and are reworking the HGSS chapters for volume release), not to mention the colored images. When Yamamoto was nearly done with one of the pictures and posted them on his twitter, someone pointed out a something was colored wrong and he said he'd have to redo the whole thing. And also, most action manga series don't bother with screen tones.
    Yamamoto may not be lazy, but that doesn't mean Kusaka isn't. Just because they have to work hard now doesn't necessarily mean they didn't bring upon themselves. How much can Yamamoto do if he doesn't have a story or script to draw to, anyways?
    "You're a true Samurai, being loyal to such a stupid Master." -Seijuro Hiko

OSHAWHAT?

The Japanese Amazon website has two Japanese reviews for the first American Pokemon [Adventures] Black and White volume. If there's anything said here that's related to the Japanese release rate of this manga in general, would anyone be so kind as to say what it is?

Amazon.co.jp

Not saying it's a huge deal (especially since it's two people), but I wasn't sure if they'd comment about the release schedule.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

One of the reviewers thinks that the reason for the earlier release in English is the fact that Unova is based on New York. How amusing.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    One of the reviewers thinks that the reason for the earlier release in English is the fact that Unova is based on New York. How amusing.
    Did they word it like, say: "I wonder why this chapter has volume releases in the US already. Then again, Unova IS based on New York."?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast