SPECIAL: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

CoroCoro Comics - Page 65

Check out the screenshot at the bottom. Both the Sanyou City Gym Leaders and the Dark Trinity are seen together at the same time.

I guess this "Gym Leaders = Dark Trinity" thing is just for the manga.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Default Re: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

Not much of a clue, but one of the reporters for some reason put Sanyou in the end (with a bit of an emphasis) of the list of missing gym leaders.

Follow Carnelian-SUN on Tumblr

I gotta say that basically sells it for me, at least for the Adventures canon. It's highly likely that if this proves to be true it won't affect the anime. That's for at least two reasons. Reason 1) being the manga and anime never rely on each other for anything. There are even major differences between them in the sense of the size of certain pokemon. (Have you seen how they make out Plakia and Dialga? In the anime Ash sitting cross-legged on Palkia's head would make it so Ash is basically covering it's head (though he never actually does this, he does sit on Giratina's head which would have a similar affect. I'm just going off the size in general), however in the manga, Pearl is (at times, since the drawing of Palkia's size was rather inconsistent) about the size of Plakia's forearm. A large difference if you ask me. (Though this difference is easy to notice if you compare the Giratina or Rigigigas.)

With that in mind, one would need to consider my second reason for the anime not using this theory. That being that the anime typically doesn't have many big or confusing plot twists. Sure the movies might, but the general anime doesn't seem to have many plot lines with such big twists. (And yes I know about the Team Magma/Team Aqua, and the Team Galactic things but those were pretty close to how it played out in the games just the teams weren't seen as much until the climax) Now the manga on the other hand has many deep, twisting plots (for example, Sird's involvement with Guile Hideout and her membership in Team Galactic.) Plus the manga is known for being darker. It has had people (and pokemon) die, both on and off screen. (If you don't believe me go and read the end of the Ruby/Sapphire arc.) And don't forget the pokemon zombies Red encountered at the Lost Tower.

In the manga, the Elite Four, Lt.Surge, Sabrina, Koga, and Pryce are all evil and Blaine had almost been evil as well, but he saw the error of his ways and quit Team Rocket.

All in all it seems like it might be true, manga-verse. Game-verse, possibly. Anime-verse, not-so-much. I, personally, would love to see this be canon in the manga. I wouldn't mind if it was canon for the games as well. But it's best kept out of the anime in my opinion.

Holy that was a long explanation with a minimal point.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carnelian-SUN View Post
    I gotta say that basically sells it for me, at least for the Adventures canon. It's highly likely that if this proves to be true it won't affect the anime. That's for at least two reasons. Reason 1) being the manga and anime never rely on each other for anything. There are even major differences between them in the sense of the size of certain pokemon. (Have you seen how they make out Plakia and Dialga? In the anime Ash sitting cross-legged on Palkia's head would make it so Ash is basically covering it's head (though he never actually does this, he does sit on Giratina's head which would have a similar affect. I'm just going off the size in general), however in the manga, Pearl is (at times, since the drawing of Palkia's size was rather inconsistent) about the size of Plakia's forearm. A large difference if you ask me. (Though this difference is easy to notice if you compare the Giratina or Rigigigas.)

With that in mind, one would need to consider my second reason for the anime not using this theory. That being that the anime typically doesn't have many big or confusing plot twists. Sure the movies might, but the general anime doesn't seem to have many plot lines with such big twists. (And yes I know about the Team Magma/Team Aqua, and the Team Galactic things but those were pretty close to how it played out in the games just the teams weren't seen as much until the climax) Now the manga on the other hand has many deep, twisting plots (for example, Sird's involvement with Guile Hideout and her membership in Team Galactic.) Plus the manga is known for being darker. It has had people (and pokemon) die, both on and off screen. (If you don't believe me go and read the end of the Ruby/Sapphire arc.) And don't forget the pokemon zombies Red encountered at the Lost Tower.

In the manga, the Elite Four, Lt.Surge, Sabrina, Koga, and Pryce are all evil and Blaine had almost been evil as well, but he saw the error of his ways and quit Team Rocket.

All in all it seems like it might be true, manga-verse. Game-verse, possibly. Anime-verse, not-so-much. I, personally, would love to see this be canon in the manga. I wouldn't mind if it was canon for the games as well. But it's best kept out of the anime in my opinion.

Holy that was a long explanation with a minimal point.
    The anime and this manga are two completely unrelated canon.

They have nothing to do with each other.

Regardless of whether it's true in this series, it doesn't mean anything for the anime.
    Last edited by Eitarou; 4th August 2012 at 01:26 AM.

Blog Entries

If Kusaka went through with this, then it's be one helluva coinkidink that we thought of the theory before him.

Blog Entries

Coincidence? How so? It's a pretty obvious theory to come up with. Heck, depending on when he started working with it, he might have picked it up from the fanbase anyway. Didn't the first appearance of the Shadow Triad have them wearing generic white masks instead of the monkey-themed ones?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th March 2012, 09:21 PM