SPECIAL: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

I posted this on Serebii, and now I want to know what you guys think as well.

Well, I made this and I wanted to know what you people think. The clues are there, and I've been gathering them for a while now.

This has nothing to do with the games, and is strictly for Pokemon Adventures.

And yes, this has been done to death, but not for this manga. I don't care if you don't believe them to be the Shadow Triad, it's just a theory and that's all it is until their true identities are revealed.

Sorry if the images are too big, just wanted to get all the info.

So, what do you think? Is there any holes in this that you like to point out? (No, I don't care about spelling errors)

Any ideas you'd like to add?

Also, thanks to Dogasu about ink information.
    Dogasu, himanuts, Adyniz and 14 others like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Re: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

Wow, I think there's a high chance they are indeed the Shadow Triad. I noticed the mask before, and Pokemon thing but, I really never ever noticed the poses. That only strengthens the evidence that Cilan, Chili, and Cress are indeed the Pan-masked Ninja trio. If indeed this is true, I look forward to the revelation in future chapters. So, yeah it's them.

Nice job putting it together @Eitarou ;P I like the Striaton Bros a lot in Spe so it's nice to see the writers doing more with them.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 21st February 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shadow Triad - A case of Adaptational Villainy or elaborate Red Herring?

Freaky...

That's some really good evidence, great job compiling it, and I honestly hope it becomes true in the manga but mostly in other media. ;)

The masks and the poses are just spot on. If they aren't the Sanyou brothers, then kudos to the writers for messing up with our minds. XD

Blog Entries

Oh my god the poses are dead on. That is so bizarre.

Wow, the evidence is definitely piling up.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

With the masks, I thought there was a chance that we were just being trolled, but I didn't know about the poses. One similarity is just a coincidence, but three leads me to believe that perhaps the Striaton brothers really are the Shadow Triad (at least in the Adventures canon, though like Hellion, I would like to see it in other canons as well xD).

Good observations, and very nicely done.

Blog Entries

It's dead obvious that they're the trio. Maybe they have the same motives as in the games - they're simply repaying a favor (I believe) - or maybe they are truly antagonists.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Great work. I'm now convinced that this is the case :D
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

And THAT is why you are so awesome.

WOW! Mikey.... EXCELLENT WORK. Seriously :D

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Wow, this is amazing detail and work. Especially the last part, about the mannerisms. I would never even have noticed something like that. It's such a small little detail, yet it gave away a very important clue.

But I really hope it's just a red herring. There's subte foreshadowing (the masks, the mannerisms), and then there's just laying it on thick - which is what they've done with the Pokemon.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 22nd February 2012 at 10:33 AM.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Could you perhaps compare the speech patterns of the Striaton Brothers and the Shadow Triad? If I remember correctly, each of the Striaton Brothers have a distinct way of speaking. I wonder if each of the Shadow Triad mirrors this.

Well it seems in the games, the Striaton Brothers' gym leader title in Japanese is "Trial Triangle." Could they make it any more obvious?

H.M
    Follow H.M On Twitter
    Follow H.M on Tumblr

Nice work on compiling the hints. I remember the mask shapes and the Pokemon they used against the 6 gym leaders. The poses and the screen tones are all new to me. Kusaka/Yamamoto sure are laying it thick this time around.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

They Trinity has the same pose on the title page for this month's CoroCoro Ichiban! chapter as well:

JB2448 and Shadow Victini like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    They Trinity has the same pose on the title page for this month's CoroCoro Ichiban! chapter as well:

That cover looks extremely familiar.

Adyniz, Aestivate, JB2448 and 8 others like this.

Blog Entries

Oh my god those covers. They're really not trying to hide it, are they?

I wonder if they'll reveal it first in PokeSpe, and then this reveal will make its way over to the other canons.

I'm mean and green Jo The Marten's Avatar Bulbanews WriterSocial Media EditorArchives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jo The Marten On Twitter
    Follow Jo The Marten on Tumblr

I just wanted to remind people that think this might happen in the anime: It probably won't. The anime and the Pokemon Adventures manga, while both feeding off the games, have their own unique story and don't feed off each other at all. If the canons all applied to each other: Yellow and Emerald would exist in the anime, Trip would be in the manga, the E4 would be evil all around, and sooooo much more. So please don't get your hopes up of this happening in the anime. Hell, Team Plasma hasn't even appeared in the anime yet (aside from the obvious cut episodes, but I'm not going there), not to mention the brothers have clear roles in the anime aside from just being gym leaders. So while I adore this theory, I don't want people to forget that the manga has done stuff like this before, and it didn't always apply to the anime. In fact, the anime has never accompanied the manga for anything. Even Silver being Giovanni's son (granted Silver only appeared in the Chronicles opening, but Giovanni has been around for a while. He could have mentioned having a son, and he hasn't.), something that has been proven in the games.

All that aside, it's nice to see so much evidence of a theory I've been a long-time supporter of. It only makes me wonder what would have become of this if it were to come up as a new topic now, and some of those users were still around.

I'm just a mean green mother from outer space!
    And I am bad!

[Bulbapedia][Tumblr][Art site][My sweetie ♥][Little Shop of Horrors club]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th March 2012, 09:21 PM