Purchasing Pokemon Special

Thread: Purchasing Pokemon Special

Default Purchasing Pokemon Special

I am a huge fan of the Pokemon Special/Adventures series. I have read most of the volumes online, but i wish to now own the volumes themselves. Every place i look they seem to only have volumes 1-10. The ones i'm looking for are from the diamond/pearl arc, yet i can't seem to find them online. I've tried amazon and ebay yet no luck. Can anyone help?

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Purchasing Pokemon Special

Quote Originally Posted by Tanithmajor View Post
    I am a huge fan of the Pokemon Special/Adventures series. I have read most of the volumes online, but i wish to now own the volumes themselves. Every place i look they seem to only have volumes 1-10. The ones i'm looking for are from the diamond/pearl arc, yet i can't seem to find them online. I've tried amazon and ebay yet no luck. Can anyone help?
    If you want an English version you're out of luck. DP isn't sold in English.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

i found volume 30 online and it was in english, or was that just a custom job?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tanithmajor View Post
    i found volume 30 online and it was in english, or was that just a custom job?
    I found it too. And it isn't an official translation.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Original poster--where are you located?

And Ryuutakesh!, it's translated into English in Singapore. Don't dismiss it as a fan translation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Original poster--where are you located?

And Ryuutakesh!, it's translated into English in Singapore. Don't dismiss it as a fan translation.
    Really? Well, that's news to me. Interesting.

Yeah i heard about the singapore translations, yet for some reason i can't buy from their site. And i'm from the USA
    Last edited by Talon Delta; 14th October 2009 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, there's something prohibiting them from selling to the US. Even the Asian import bookstore near me can't order them.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

US/Canada stores can't import the Chuang Yi translations because although VIZ has only released the first seven volumes, they do technically own the distribution rights to the entire series, so Chuang Yi can only sell their version in countries where VIZ does not distribute the manga.

Now, as a US resident, you have two (or three) options, really. In the past, VIZ translated the entire manga up until the end of the Yellow arc, and then they stopped for unknown reasons (probably poor sales compared to the Electric Tale of Pikachu and/or the relative obscureness of manga at the time). These have been long out of print, however, now VIZ is re-translating and re-releasing the manga beginning from volume one (#3 just came out). So you can either track down used copies of the older printings or wait for the new ones to come out. Or you could just keep reading it on the internet. :P

There's also two "The Best of Pokémon Adventures" volumes, one for the Red, Green & Blue chapter and one for Yellow, but don't bother with those, they're so abridged that they don't make much sense anymore.

Blog Entries

I think there's something else though. I tried getting the CY translation of Solar Boy Django--something there IS no North American translation of--and the instant I said "from Singapore", I was told it was impossible. I didn't even get to the name of the book or an ISBN or anything.

You can still buy Singaporean manga on Ebay, though. Special is relatively popular, and pops up often, and the others pop up now and then.

Also, there's Grimsg's shop service.
    So.

Looked on ebay, not much luck on there. :( guess i'll keep checking back everyday and hope to get lucky

Never mind >< they have tons of them