SPECIAL: Pokemon Special BW's Serialization

Thread: Pokemon Special BW's Serialization

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Pokemon Special BW's Serialization

The problem with Pokemon Special's magazine serialization is it seems to be going everywhere. It jumps around and around not in chapters but, magazines as well. Some things like Black's Protoga being used against Yakon seem to happen before it's even caught. Why is this? And does anyone know of any sense of what the correct continuity is? And why such characters like White's story are being serialized separately and why future events are being revealed before the publishing of chapters in chronological story order? Why are they doing this? And does anyone have any idea on when they'll be collected in normal volumes in Japanese because, it's a bit of a headache.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Special BW's Serialization

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    The problem with Pokemon Special's magazine serialization is it seems to be going everywhere. It jumps around and around not in chapters but, magazines as well. Some things like Black's Protoga being used against Yakon seem to happen before it's even caught. Why is this? And does anyone know of any sense of what the correct continuity is? And why such characters like White's story are being serialized separately and why future events are being revealed before the publishing of chapters in chronological story order? Why are they doing this? And does anyone have any idea on when they'll be collected in normal volumes in Japanese because, it's a bit of a headache.
    Yes, it tends to do that.

The thing is that Pokemon Adventures is serialized in three different magazines (Actually two now, since one is cancelled, but I'll use the three to make this clearer.) One magazine can have Black and Co. in one town doing one thing, while another can have him in a completely different town doing another thing.

Sometimes, when this happens, evolutions and captures can get spoiled, but that's just how it works.

I have a small list of every thing that happens in order, if you'd like it.

About the Japanese publication, no one knows. It's most likely going to to be published, but the volumes are still in Platinum, so that's not for a while.

If you want get a more linear story, you're going to want the VIZ translation. They produce them in order.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

The thing is that Pokemon Adventures is serialized in three different magazines (Actually two now, since one is cancelled, but I'll use the three to make this clearer.) One magazine can have Black and Co. in one town doing one thing, while another can have him in a completely different town doing another thing.

Sometimes, when this happens, evolutions and captures can get spoiled, but that's just how it works.

About the Japanese publication, no one knows. It's most likely going to to be published, but the volumes are still in Platinum, so that's not for a while.

If you want get a more linear story, you're going to want the VIZ translation. They produce them in order.
    Yes, please for the list :D

But, at the same time it's a bit of a pain tracking down and having to purchase various magazines for the same story in akaward order.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

Yes, please for the list :D

But, at the same time it's a bit of a pain tracking down and having to purchase various magazines for the same story in akaward order.
    The list gets bigger every time I update it on Serebii, so I'll spoil it

The last one is ??? because I'm not sure when it takes place.