Pokemon Light Novels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Light Novels

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Light Novels

Another off-beat question: If they came out with any Pokemon light novels, would you read the books?
    Last edited by Transfinite; 24th May 2010 at 07:36 AM.

Default Re: Pokemon Light

They did.
    So.

I used to own pokemon "light novels". I found them all in a box the other day :p

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What are the light novels you guys mean?

I've never seen them produce "light novels" in the traditional sense, though I remember having a couple of short, easily-read books recapping some of the first season in story form. Most likely American-made and made for merchandising purposes. If somebody could provide me with a better example I'd be happy to read it (assuming that it's not horrible). I'm interested since some of you seem to have come across them.
    Last edited by Data_Error; 17th May 2010 at 03:02 PM.

I assumed the thread starter meant short chapter books or something.

Blog Entries

No, light novels are something else.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I'd read a "proper" light novel. I already have ~25 of the chapter books. ;P

Blog Entries

Light novel? As long as it's game based and stays true to its game. And preferably has the female protagonist as the lead.

Blog Entries

I would be all over that.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    Light novel? As long as it's game based and stays true to its game. And preferably has the female protagonist as the lead.
    I honestly don't understand why people keep wanting to see the adventure we essentially play through in another medium. If they're making a Pokemon Light Novel, I want them to explore other aspects of the Pokemon world or go into the lives of other NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people keep wanting to see the adventure we essentially play through in another medium. If they're making a Pokemon Light Novel, I want them to explore other aspects of the Pokemon world or go into the lives of other NPC's.
    This. So much.

Not only it would be bad to standardise all protagonists, their starters, actions and side-quests during their adventure and all of these [outside an actual game too], but also the chances of it staying completely true to the games' plot are just too low.

To date, there's not a SINGLE Pokemon manga, anime or light novel definately set on the Pokemon Main Series universe. Most are based upon the games up to a point of following the basic line of plot (Special, Anime, DPA, to name a few popular ones), while others simply screw on keeping several aspects of the Pokemon world true, although not directly based on the games (Pokemon talking, and other stuff on Magical Pokemon Journey). How I became a Pokemon Card seems to be very faithful with lack of contradictions, and from what I've seen, it may be considered to be taking place on the games' universe. I'm not sure about Pokemon 7 and Getto Daze, but Team Galaxy in former and In-Com in latter, lower the chances.

A light novel set on the Main Pokemon canon would be completely awesome. A different cast with different targets could well be featured, and cameos and references would give it great eyecandy. :P

But most Pokemon media exist to solely promote the said respetive games they're based on, so, I don't see anything like this on direct future...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    It's far more interesting to most people to see adaptations of the adventures, or one of the competitions revolving around one ofthe protagonist, rather then something on other things.

Blog Entries

Isn't Zenshou usually considered a direct adaptation of the games? Although even then it adds in details like the rival's parents and stuff.

A Pokemon light novel based on the games would be awesome but I really don't see it happening because most people will probably be more interested in seeing Pokemon visually instead of reading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast