Pokemon Doujinshi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Doujinshi

Resident Originshipper The Incarnation ポケモン's Avatar

Default Pokemon Doujinshi

Since Ket gave me the okay, I guess I'll go ahead and make a thread here for all the unofficial Pokemon manga, i.e. doujinshi, that anyone would like to share.

Here's my contribution, which I would greatly appreciate a translation of (please please pretty please translate it, someone? *begs*):
    http://download.yousendit.com/ECCC29D35FCBB86A

It's a doujinshi called OVERTOP, and here's the back inner page with info on the doujinshi and circle:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tip_the_incypkmn/overtop_28.jpg

TEH STAFF OF D00M

Follow SuperStaff on Tumblr

Well, I don't have any scans but I do have the cover to a doujinshi I recently bought off Ebay. It's a sort of crossover of the anime and Pokemon Special, chiefly a gag comic with some cute Palletshippy moments thrown in.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/yearofthedolphin/img068.jpg

The art is so cute! :D

Wow, a cross-canon doujinshi. That's pretty cool. *still waiting for someone to translate the doujinshi in that zip file* My Japanese is just honestly not good enough, otherwise I'd do it myself. -_-

It's Ritchie! 0.0

TEH STAFF OF D00M

Quote Originally Posted by The Incarnation Pokémon View Post
    Wow, a cross-canon doujinshi. That's pretty cool. *still waiting for someone to translate the doujinshi in that zip file* My Japanese is just honestly not good enough, otherwise I'd do it myself. -_-
    I like the art of Overtop! The female R/S character is so adorable. :3 And I really like mine, too. I feel lucky that I got mine while I did.

Actually, the whole doujin is of Emerald, so the girl would be from Emerald. And OVERTOP is drawn by two separate artists with somewhat different styles--I'm a bit ashamed that it took me a while to realize that. One has the style used on the front cover, and one has the style used on the back cover. The person who drew the front cover draws most of the Emerald heroine, and has a tendency to draw lots and lots of little lines, especially in the characters' hair. They also give the girl enormous eyes but the boy smaller eyes. The person who drew the back cover uses less lines and gives enormous eyes to both the girl and the boy. I personally like the style of the back-cover artist better because it just looks cleaner and more professional...but perhaps also because they're the one who draws almost all the pictures of Wallace in the manga (and damn do they make him pretty!).

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I have translations of 2 Pokémon doujinshi, for anyone who wanted them. Of course...they're not exactly family friendly, so you'll need to be 18 or over to grab them, and I'm going to want your promise to not lynch me. ^^;;
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

It depends on what they're about...my interest in terms of Pokemon doujinshi revolves around Steven and Wallace, so if they're not in it I doubt I'll be interested. I'll be especially uninterested if the doujin involves Ash, Gary, Misty, Brock, May, Jesse, James, etc. XD

But speaking of translations...d'ya think I could get one for the doujin I scanned up? Since there's like...only one PG-13 ish scene in it and it's generic enough that I think that quite a few people in the Pokemon fandom would be pleased to have a full translation of it to read.

TEH STAFF OF D00M

Quote Originally Posted by The Incarnation Pokémon View Post
    Actually, the whole doujin is of Emerald, so the girl would be from Emerald.
    Drat. You're right. XD;; I wish I had noticed the first time I had seen it. Hmm, I think I can see what you were talking about how the manga was drawn by two different artists, too. That's very interesting.

Is there anyone here who'd be willing to translate the doujinshi I uploaded? It's only about 24 pages (that need to be translated) and really not that many words per page--it's about the level of PokeSpecial, I think--perhaps even less words per page than that.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I'll have a look at it sometime this weekend, and tell you if I can translate it. I imagine the main issue will be the readability of the characters. That's usually the main problem with doujinshi translations. If it's easy enough to read, and there isn't too much slang, I can attempt a full translation.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only Pokemon doujin I like are PM Gals and Takeshi's Diary. And that's really only for the May scenes. :x

Haha, I laughed at how flat the artist made Misty in Takeshi's Diary compared to May. They took their proportions in the show quite literally. Another reason May totally rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I'll have a look at it sometime this weekend, and tell you if I can translate it. I imagine the main issue will be the readability of the characters. That's usually the main problem with doujinshi translations. If it's easy enough to read, and there isn't too much slang, I can attempt a full translation.
    Thank you so much! I'm pretty sure you won't have any readability problems--even with my extremely limited knowledge of Japanese I can understand about 60% of what's on any given page. As for slang, I think they tried to stay as close as possible to the characters' speech patterns from the game (Emerald version), so I doubt there's too much weirdness.

And in case the download link I gave expires before you get a chance to look at it, I reuploaded it here: http://download.yousendit.com/A74C8C781BC007C8

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I have translations of 2 Pokémon doujinshi, for anyone who wanted them. Of course...they're not exactly family friendly, so you'll need to be 18 or over to grab them, and I'm going to want your promise to not lynch me. ^^;;
    Does it have Jessiebelle in it?
    MySpace Live Journal

"It's a crazy world out there, let's hope our prayers are in good hands tonight"-Roxette "Almost Unreal."
    Proud owner of Zoey/Nozomi club, Jessie Fan Club, DivaShipping Club, Jessiebelle Club, Cassidy Club, Domino Club, The James' Parents Club, & Unofficial Star Trek Club.

The Genetic SuperBeast! Miyuutsuu's Avatar

I happen to have quite a collecton of these doujinshis. By 'quite' I mean ten. Some of which are 'not for kids'. But they are out there. I'll see if I can find the sites that have the kid friendly ones later.

To Scott85: Takeshi has a really dirty mind. Yet...he is one lucky horn dog in both books!
    I took the test & this is my results. Weird.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast