Pokemon the Comic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pokemon the Comic

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon the Comic

It was announced in the 44th volume of Pokemon Adventures that a new Pokemon magazine called "Pokemon the Comic" would be coming out.

From what we know about the not so cleverly named magazine is that it will publish the special Pokemon Adventures Red and Pika chapter that was promised some time ago. (If you must know, it was announced that they were doing a popularity poll on the official Pokespe website. Whoever won the polls for human and Pokemon would get a special chapter dedicated to them. Unfortunately, the one character who won deserved it the least and has to be one of the least interesting Pokedex holders, Red. Pika won, too. So yay?)

We don't much about it. Not when it's coming out, or if it'll be a one-shot magazine or a recurring one. (Oh God, I hope it's recurring. Maybe even monthly. We need something to publish the B2W2 chapter.) All we know is that more info will be coming in the coming months.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon the Comic

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    It was announced in the 44th volume of Pokemon Adventures that a new Pokemon magazine called "Pokemon the Comic" would be coming out.

From what we know about the not so cleverly named magazine is that it will publish the special Pokemon Adventures Red and Pika chapter that was promised some time ago. (If you must know, it was announced that they were doing a popularity poll on the official Pokespe website. Whoever won the polls for human and Pokemon would get a special chapter dedicated to them. Unfortunately, the one character who won deserved it the least and has to be one of the least interesting Pokedex holders, Red. Pika won, too. So yay?)

We don't much about it. Not when it's coming out, or if it'll be a one-shot magazine or a recurring one. (Oh God, I hope it's recurring. Maybe even monthly. We need something to publish the B2W2 chapter.) All we know is that more info will be coming in the coming months.
    Red is less interesting !!!
    Red is the coolest Pokedex holder so far !
    Specially after he becomed champion .
    Ruby is the less interesting Pokedex holder .
    Off course , Red become too nice now .
    However , I don't want him to get ''Rebooted'' like Ash .
    I simply want Kusaka to bring back some of Red's arrogance.
    FYI : Overconfidence & Arrogance are 2 different thing .
    You might notice , Many extremely popular male character like Ichigo (Bleach) , Natsu (Fairy Tail) , Ryoma (Prince of Tennis), Ben Tenison (Ben 10) etc keep some degree of arrogance no matter how mature they get .
    It because their arrogance keep them interesting , It keep them alive !
    I want Red to be a little Arrogant , Prideful & Mischievous again like the Old time .
    However I don't want him to be Over-confident and Rebooted like Ash.
    As long as Red get back his arrogant Mischievous personality , He will be more interesting again !
    I hope that what happen in the Pokemon Comic !
    I like to see Red beating Lance or Cynthia !
    Or May be giving a ''Snorlax'' Egg to a young Dia !

The Red chapter probably will be just a round that is for giggles and likely won't be canon (or at least incorporated into the volumes). For anyone who watches the Avatar series, remember the mini-episodes with the chibi-characters that aired after the first three episodes from the third season? Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be something like that. I find it hard to imagine what sort of contributions Red and Pika can have on the continuity of the canon at this point (or at least until Sird returns).

And incorporating three magazines was a good call. I'm not entirely sure how they used to deal with the releases with two magazines (did the two magazines each show separate chapters to speed up the climax of BW?) but with three magazines, the new one could finally get the B2W2 chapter started (after the Red chapter, of course).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    The Red chapter probably will be just a round that is for giggles and likely won't be canon (or at least incorporated into the volumes). For anyone who watches the Avatar series, remember the mini-episodes with the chibi-characters that aired after the first three episodes from the third season? Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be something like that. I find it hard to imagine what sort of contributions Red and Pika can have on the continuity of the canon at this point (or at least until Sird returns).
    Red could easily have a role in the World Tournament just like in B2W2.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Red could easily have a role in the World Tournament just like in B2W2.
    May be he winning the world Tournament !

Okay so three magazines working together to speed up the process of releasing Pokemon Special rounds. I thought of something that may happen in the future that could make it so that the XY chapter isn't delayed while the B2W2 chapter isn't put to an abrupt halt and we don't have to wait two years for the volumes to catch up before we see the entirety of the B2W2 plot. Here it goes:

The first two original magazines (don't know what they're called, sorry) finish up the BW chapter while Pokemon the Comic first releases the Red chapter next month and then it gets started on the B2W2 chapter. By the time the BW chapter is done, X & Y will probably be out. So the two magazines get started on the XY chapter while Pokemon the Comic continues (and hopefully finishes) the B2W2 chapter. Does anyone find this plan appealing?

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay so three magazines working together to speed up the process of releasing Pokemon Special rounds. I thought of something that may happen in the future that could make it so that the XY chapter isn't delayed while the B2W2 chapter isn't put to an abrupt halt and we don't have to wait two years for the volumes to catch up before we see the entirety of the B2W2 plot. Here it goes:

The first two original magazines (don't know what they're called, sorry) finish up the BW chapter while Pokemon the Comic first releases the Red chapter next month and then it gets started on the B2W2 chapter. By the time the BW chapter is done, X & Y will probably be out. So the two magazines get started on the XY chapter while Pokemon the Comic continues (and hopefully finishes) the B2W2 chapter. Does anyone find this plan appealing?
    This is probably a stupid question (certainly stupid), and sorry, it doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to be sure: so there will be a BW2 chapter? I know there was something with Hugh, but I thought it was for an anniversary or something. I wasn't sure if there would be more to it or not since I hadn't heard anything. Again, sorry for the dumb question.

And in reading it, it does sound like an appealing plan, assuming Kusaka and Yamamoto have been working on all of these chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

This is probably a stupid question (certainly stupid), and sorry, it doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to be sure: so there will be a BW2 chapter? I know there was something with Hugh, but I thought it was for an anniversary or something. I wasn't sure if there would be more to it or not since I hadn't heard anything. Again, sorry for the dumb question.

And in reading it, it does sound like an appealing plan, assuming Kusaka and Yamamoto have been working on all of these chapters.
    Don't worry that's not a stupid question. Assuming that you meant if B2W2 would be integrated within the BW chapter, which has happened before (Crystal with Gold & Silver). But thing is, B2W2 happens two years after BW and one chapter has never spanned more than a year (with the possible exception of HGSS looking at the ending, but people are speculating that DPPt didn't happen more than a year after HGSS). But there definitely will be a chapter about B2W2 since a prologue was released. And I'm almost certain that it will be an independent chapter.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't worry that's not a stupid question. Assuming that you meant if B2W2 would be integrated within the BW chapter, which has happened before (Crystal with Gold & Silver). But thing is, B2W2 happens two years after BW and one chapter has never spanned more than a year (with the possible exception of HGSS looking at the ending, but people are speculating that DPPt didn't happen more than a year after HGSS). But there definitely will be a chapter about B2W2 since a prologue was released. And I'm almost certain that it will be an independent chapter.
    Ok, I see~ That does make sense. Thanks~

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Okay , When will this comic come out ?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

We don't know yet.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

We don't know yet.
    Ohh , I have been waiting so eagerly for that !

Blog Entries

Netkun updated.

It'll be out on June 7.

Info via Coronis.

According the the official site's description, 'the Comic' is supposed to be new PokeSP content, old ones and also guest contributions. Namely, the will have the Red and Pika chapter, some PokeSP related stuff in colour (I guess it's like what they did with Wonderland previous, some full colour pages explaining previous arcs), some selected 'fan-favourite' PokeSP old chapters, some XY game news (so it's not manga only materials then I guess?), and also pages from Pokemon BW Good Partners. The way the worded the Good Partners content was a little fishy. They say it will feature its 'conclusion chapters', and I'm not sure if it refers to the last chapters which were already serialized, or they actually are continuing from where they left off to give a more fulfilling conclusion.

Anyway, the tone of the writers gives me hope that the release may not be a one-off publication as I thought, and it seems the formula they plan to use is New PokeSP chapters + old 'favourites' PokeSP chapters + guests materials.

What's interesting is that the writers are referring to this as a 'Mook', which is a Japanese term describing something between a 'M-agazine' and 'b-OOK', thus a MOOK. I guess that tells us the nature of how this publication will be.

Coronis~
    Last edited by Eitarou; 30th April 2013 at 09:56 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Netkun updated.

It'll be out on June 7.

Info via Coronis.

According the the official site's description, 'the Comic' is supposed to be new PokeSP content, old ones and also guest contributions. Namely, the will have the Red and Pika chapter, some PokeSP related stuff in colour (I guess it's like what they did with Wonderland previous, some full colour pages explaining previous arcs), some selected 'fan-favourite' PokeSP old chapters, some XY game news (so it's not manga only materials then I guess?), and also pages from Pokemon BW Good Partners. The way the worded the Good Partners content was a little fishy. They say it will feature its 'conclusion chapters', and I'm not sure if it refers to the last chapters which were already serialized, or they actually are continuing from where they left off to give a more fulfilling conclusion.

Anyway, the tone of the writers gives me hope that the release may not be a one-off publication as I thought, and it seems the formula they plan to use is New PokeSP chapters + old 'favourites' PokeSP chapters + guests materials.

What's interesting is that the writers are referring to this as a 'Mook', which is a Japanese term describing something between a 'M-agazine' and 'b-OOK', thus a MOOK. I guess that tells us the nature of how this publication will be.

Coronis~
    June 7 !
    That long !
    It going to be a couple of month before it get translated , then another couple of month for it to become available in Internet and Forever to air in our country .(Manga's are really rare in out country )

I am curious as well as to whether it'll be incorporated into the "big picture" story lines in the volumes , or just a little stand-alone storyline. I hope it has depth to it, because it'll be awesome seeing Red and Pika after all these years (the last time was in Emerald!). :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast