Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything) - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

Blog Entries

Visit Teapot Salty's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

I've only ever red the pokemon adventures (pun intended) manga and none other. But in my opinion from reading it it seems so much better than the anime. There are real challenges the characters face on a regular bases. Although the manga did detteriorate around the diamond pearl. The first one was the best. (and least screwed up, like missing pages and stuff online) with the value falling off sharply on each one.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot Salty View Post
    (and least screwed up, like missing pages and stuff online)
    Illegal and mishandled scans affecting an arc's quality in your comparison seems a little unfair, don't you think?

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

I am honestly not fond of discussions involving Pokemon Anime versus Manga or Red versus Ash or similar such stuff. Most of these arguments are one-sided and have a single and strong opinion like "The Manga is much more badass", "Red is epic, Ash sucks". I personally love both the anime and the manga. But I don't like comparing both because comparing both is basically bashing the former. The Pokemon anime is clearly written in a way that they want to write the story of a single protagonist travelling through all the regions as games come. The setting itself hugely limits the writing ability. Ash will regress every generation and develop by the end of it(Best Wishes was only one single exception. People should give the poor guy a break.). The anime is geared towards younger audience and is written in a way that children can watch the anime without any hitches. Pokemon Season 1, when it was written by Takeshi Shudo (partially?) was written in a way that it can be watched with a family rather than just children. It is written to appease the general audience not just children. I am not sure what their internal affairs are but right now Pokemon anime is completely geared towards children. They don't have as much deep characterizations as people want them to have,

Now look at Pokemon Special. All that action, all those deep characterizations...I am sorry but I think special is solely geared towards older audience. I maybe wrong, and what I am saying could just be my opinion but at least that's what I see Special as. Clearly the anime has less darker storyline (or zero dark storyline to be exact) than Special does. The anime will never have the main female protagonist losing her Pokemon to the main antagonist. These are limitations of the anime and those who watch it should obviously understand these limitations before bashing it like a certain User in this thread does. I am refraining from a personal attack but because I don't like to involve myself in long debates. I just wanted to throw my opinion into this thread, That is all.

Anyway, comparing the anime and the manga with threads like these is just a waste of time and is nothing but another means for people who are dissatisfied with anime to lash out their emotions into walls of text. As long as people understand that the anime and the manga belong to completely different Genre, aimed at completely different age groups I guess it's fine to discuss (like the first few pages of this thread) but the latest pages have been nothing but a let's hate the anime fest. (At least from one user.)

Now that my mini-rant is done with. I would like to contribute by saying that I love the anime more than the manga for reasons stated in this post.
    Ever read an Ikari+Pearlshipping fic set in an AU?

Other Fanfiction
    Road to be a Pokemon Master <---Slightly Popular Tournament Fic featuring Ash.
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

Quote Originally Posted by dracoflare View Post
    But I don't like comparing both because comparing both is basically bashing the former.
    And what's wrong with giving constructive criticism while refraining from "bashing?" Just describe the pros and cons of the Anime and the various Manga adapted from Pokemon and you can try keeping your feelings in check.

I mean, to be fair, with the Anime, I like how a lot of Pokemon have good personalities. I respect Special for making them more animal like but the Anime gives them some likable traits (when not shafting the in favor of marketable cute Pokemon).

Also, Pokemon Special IS made for kids like the Anime. Unlike the Anime, however, Hidenori Kusaka doesn't let that fact hinder himself from telling good stories or at least putting effort into it. It's like what Walt Disney said:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney
    You're dead if you only aim for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyways.
    And seeing cartoons like Batman TAS, Avatar, Korra, and other, he's not the only one. Heck, there are plenty of Anime who aren't limit to just kids.

Gotta go with the manga. It has a different set of protagonists with each series, and it allows you to immerse yourself in the Pokémon series so much more.

The characters actually age and mature along the way. And they're able to reunite in a way that the older characters have grown, yet are able to mesh well with the current characters by serving as their mentors and predecessors.

The anime, on the other hand...is another story to me. Generally, I have a "love the old" and "hate the new" relationship with it for some reason or another. It doesn't feel like the same show I fell in love with anymore to me.

Breaks my heart to say that, but that's how I really feel.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 23rd June 2013 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    But I don't like comparing both because comparing both is basically bashing the former.
    And what's wrong with giving constructive criticism while refraining from "bashing?" Just describe the pros and cons of the Anime and the various Manga adapted from Pokemon and you can try keeping your feelings in check.
    Read the whole post, good sir. Constructive criticisms like in the first few pages are always welcome in my book.

As long as people understand that the anime and the manga belong to completely different Genre, aimed at completely different age groups I guess it's fine to discuss (like the first few pages of this thread) but the latest pages have been nothing but a let's hate the anime fest. (At least from one user.)
    I did mention that, didn't I?

Best Wishes was bad, I agree. But Ash showed a gradual progression right from OS till DP. Special concentrates more on the Evil villain plot rather than the Gym Battles/Contests in Ruby's case. The anime doesn't do this. They seldom focus on the evil villain plot and focus on the rivals and the trainer's growth. Special's characters are excellent because these plots develop a main character tremendously because they will be going through a lot. The anime hardly gives these plots more than 4 or 5 episodes.

Even the core basic of Pokemon: The battles are completely different in Special and the anime. Red versus Giovanni involved a life and death risk for Red. It wasn't just Pokemon training he had to consider, he should even take his own physical abilities into consideration. Does the anime have all this? No.

These are two different kinds of stories. They both maybe adapted from the Pokemon games, but they take two different aspects of the games. Comparing them is fine. But remember that when you are comparing Pokemon anime and Pokemon special it is like comparing two different books say, Lord of the Rings series and the Song of Ice and Fire series.

It is correct to ask which you like more Special or Anime.
    It is correct to compare the entertainment value of either stories.

It is wrong to compare who is strong Red or Ash. <--And it's these kinds of things that I was referring to when I made my post.

Other Fanfiction
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

But remember that when you are comparing Pokemon anime and Pokemon special it is like comparing two different books say, Lord of the Rings series and the Song of Ice and Fire series.
    Neither of which derive from the same source material like Pokemon Special and the Anime.

It is wrong to compare who is strong Red or Ash. <--And it's these kinds of things that I was referring to when I made my post.
    Yeah, that annoys me too. Believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    But remember that when you are comparing Pokemon anime and Pokemon special it is like comparing two different books say, Lord of the Rings series and the Song of Ice and Fire series.
    Neither of which derive from the same source material like Pokemon Special and the Anime.

Yeah, that annoys me too. Believe me.
    The source maybe the same, but the world building is hugely different. The anime world and manga world are polar opposites. One of them is very dark and the other is light-hearted. They may have the same source but they are highly different and incomparable. One can say "The new Pokemon Episodes are bad." but one can't compare it with special on an equity basis.

I am glad you agree with me on that. That was what my whole post was indirectly about.

Other Fanfiction

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Like I keep saying, please specify which manga you're talking about. Call it by its name.

There are dozens of Pokemon manga, and calling any of them "the manga" without clarifying which one you're talking about only causes confusion.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Pokemon Season 1, when it was written by Takeshi Shudo (partially?) was written in a way that it can be watched with a family rather than just children.
    He was the chief writer. Other than the Kanto saga, he was also the chief writer until the end of Jouto (Jouto being the point where he kind of... lost the grip he had on the anime, or at least, what little he had on it in the first place).

Movie 3 would be an example of the anime being just as good as the manga, written by Takeshi Shudo, and appeals to audiences of all ages. It was a great anime film in general, and the type of thing I want my kids to be watching in the near future. Can't say the same for what the anime currently is (movies or otherwise), which is a shame. I always loved the idea of a Pokemon anime being geared towards the family than rather just purely for young children.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    Gotta go with the manga. It has a different set of protagonists with each series, and it allows you to immerse yourself in the Pokémon series so much more.

The characters actually age and mature along the way. And they're able to reunite in a way that the older characters have grown, yet are able to mesh well with the current characters by serving as their mentors and predecessors.
    This.

Imagine how awesome it would be for Satoshi if the anime switched protagonists? Whenever they have reunion episodes or arcs (World Tournament, anyone?), he'd be a downright badass. Sure, kids just getting into the anime probably wouldn't be familiar with who he is, but the context would make them aware that he's the "first main character"; a legend and the ultimate senpai of the group.

It's like Kamen Rider Decade (Kamen Rider being a Japanese superhero series) showing older riders like Kamen Rider Black with his original actor. Kids of this decade probably aren't too familiar with him, but they thought these "veteran characters" were BAMFs, and it's hard not to get that feeling.

I honestly think the anime could be as good as Special if it tried, because there are many places where you could see the potential. Satoshi was clearly aging in increments until they reset his age in Best Wishes. The plots of Movie 3 and the Mewtwo saga had pretty good characterization. Can't say I didn't enjoy the story and motives of characters like Dr.Fuji/Ai, Mewtwo, Entei, and Mi. The latter saga involving a life-or-death battle against the Rocket Gang organization, the former movie involving an emotional story of a lonely girl who's lost her parents. Even Satoshi gets the time to show that he could be a cool main character in both of those stories, fighting for the sake of something other than Gym Badges.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 23rd June 2013 at 09:20 PM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries
    Follow クリスタル On Twitter

The anime focus its plot too much on Gym battle and League challenges, which it seems like every other kind of "sub-quest" featured in the game (or sub event if you like to call it) are not important at all, they don't contributed much to the plot line of the anime. And one more thing, it just seems like other than League challenge, there is ABSOLUTELY no other story for Ash.

On the opposite, the Pokemon Special manga, and many other Pokemon manga as well, focus their plot on other things that is not Gym battle and League challenges, mostly they rather focus more on the battles between the Big Bads. League challenge is really not that important to the plot, it merely act as a plot device to advance the "major plot".

Well, since the focus is different for the two, I would not say, and cannot say which is more "superior". If anime wanted to continue its route of continuous (and endless) League challenges, but not anything like the Big Bad fighting plot route used by many Pokemon mangas, that's 100% fine. However, I really really REALLY wanted to shout this out loud. I don't mind (rather say don't care) the anime continue the current League challenge plot route, but that doesn't mean I don't mind bad scriptwriting, where that doesn't mean scriptwriter(s) are then allowed to laze away with larger amount of low quality filler episodes.

Firstly, Pokemon generally as a fiction is under the genre of Adventure, Fantasy, partially Sport and probably a bit of Sci-Fi as well. Comedy, Horror, Action, or whatever other genre are all optionals, depending on the story of the show itself. The kind of fictional TV shows that are made into never ending, non-relating and recurring plot are all Drama, Short-story, and/or Narratives. So the very first of all the things, the genre itself is already an indication saying that Pokemon is not suitable to have everlasting never ending plot without any progress to the protagonist nor any advance in the plot. So by making the Pokemon anime into a never ending story with the same protagonist all the way along is already one lethal mistake from story development viewpoint.
    Remember, the protagonist Ash had set a goal for his journey, so the show must focus on his goal as well. Now for whatever reason that is outside his control (scriptwriting problem is surely not control by Ash), he had forget his goal looooooong ago already. So what's the point to continue the show if the goal of the protagonist had vanished? It is not TV show like Simpson nor Doraemon where the characters had no goal right from the start.

So you wanted to keep the same protagonist along all the way? OK fine. Then made him and the story grow!!! How boring it is to watch a never growing child for more than 16 years? Like I said previously, Pokemon is not suitable to have a never ending story. So from story development viewpoint, Ash must grow, not only his body, but also his mind. The most successful long story with character growing I'd ever seen was Dragonball, where Goku grow from a very small kid to a mature father and grandfather along the way. It was never a boredom watching Dragonball despite the same protagonist is used all the way. Well of course, half of it is also due to the high plot quality of the show. If Pokemon anime can had a better action scenes, then it won't be such a boredom to watch.

Or alternatively, replace the protagonist Ash with a new character, which means to start a completely new story on a new character when one journey is finished. So made Pokemon into a series of anime, just like all the anime that uses the same title but actually not related to each other, such as Gundam series, Zoid series, Digimon series, Kamen Rider series, Ultraman series, etc.
    And like it said by FANG-TAN, in the Kamen Rider series, even though the every first Kamen Rider #1 is no more around, but after Kamen Rider Decade series, we can still see him around occasionally in the Movies. It is not like #1 had gone forever after its TV show finished airing back in year of 1971.

Pokemon Special had done quite good in exchanging protagonists. By exchanging characters, a new journey and a new saga is introduced, so the show will not be stale. And yet, it is quite good in relating the current story back to the previous saga(s) and the upcoming new saga. There is no need to directly show to us the old characters are still around, just a mention of the past already enough to remind us about the old characters, so the old ones will never be forget.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

In my opinion, I go for Pokemon Special/Adventures because the only part of the anime I like is the OS movies :(

As the previous posts mentioned, I love how well the manga handles the transitions between each arc and the transferring of the main character status to the new protagonists. I enjoy reading Pokemon with a slightly darker plot where the trainers battle the main villain in a life-or-death situation using strategy, wits (general knowledge and being resourceful in their environment) and physical ability which is never really observed in the anime. On the note about Koga's Arbok sliced into half, it is explained that an Arbok will regenerate as long as it's not its head cut off in Yellow arc when it was cut off for the 2nd time, I'm okay with this but that may be just me. Despite people saying that it's mature and stuff, Pokespe has upbeat moments and simple enjoyable humour.

The stakes are higher in PokeSpe and it becomes easy to root harder for the protags. Even with the race against time, the characters are allowed to grow. Because of this, I think the manga handles characters better. PokeSpe has an abundant of drama, fighting against villains content and it follows closer to the games. After the old protagonists accomplish their goals, we are introduced to new ones because their story has been told, it's time to move on. This way, we don't get bored from old aimless characters and protagonists like Red, Green and Blue become "ultimate senpais" lol. It gives a sense of nostalgia for readers who have been reading it from the start and have grown invested in them. The characters aren't flat: there's Pryce from GSC arc, his motivations to capture Celebi was to go back in time because he lost his two beloved Lapras. It's pretty sad. I like how it's not pure black and white, completely good vs evil in that universe. I don't think that romance was shoved into our faces at all!?! Besides RuSa and RedYellow, it's all pretty mild. I left off around Platinum arc but I am catching up with HGSS and BW atm. Some people don't like it because it doesn't feel right that Gym Leaders or Elite Four are villains but Pokemon itself is a concept of pocket monsters inhabiting a universe. The manga and the anime are simply two different types of stories based on the same concept. Like you have ice cream but vanilla is different from chocolate. We are all entitled to our own bias.

The anime was something I grew up since like 1998 with but I haven't touched the series since mid or early Johto, I lost track after Ash got the Hive badge then I just stopped. I only found out it was because Takeshi Shudo left the team and yeah well scriptwriting MATTERS! For Kanto, I guess I wanted more Gary screen time because Gary's rivalry with Ash was one of the things that really motivated Ash to become better. Ash didn't really defeat the Gym Leaders to get the badge, sometimes it's coz he helped them out and stuff. For example, Ash's battle with Sabrina was just Haunter making her laugh and he wins. He was really bad as a trainer in a way that even Charizard won't listen to him lol. In episode 1 and the starting of every Pokemon movie, the narrator explains that Ash's goal is to be a Pokemon Master. I think that the anime has a lot of plot holes because what even defines a Pokemon Master now? Ash has traveled to every region and participated in each league so what does it really take? That message was very unclear.
    I enjoyed his character progression back then; when he reached Indigo Plateau, you can already see he already got better. I would love to watch until AG but hearing that they reset him for BW arc is the most terrible thing to do in such a long ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    So by making the Pokemon anime into a never ending story with the same protagonist all the way along is already one lethal mistake from story development viewpoint.
    Remember, the protagonist Ash had set a goal for his journey, so the show must focus on his goal as well. Now for whatever reason that is outside his control (scriptwriting problem is surely not control by Ash), he had forget his goal looooooong ago already. So what's the point to continue the show if the goal of the protagonist had vanished?
    @Crystal sums up how I feel bout the anime.
    Another thing is repeated cycle of Ash helps someone and Team Rocket blasting off again gets really boring. Jesse was in fact a sad character given her background and James was revealed as a rich boy who ran away because of an arranged marriage, what was even the conclusion for them. I wish the team gave more consideration to the protagonists at least (I mean Brock...). But at the end of the day, it boils down to Ash. He is so bland for me now. His carefree and overall happy attitude without an ounce of seriousness when it comes to things of his passion like Pokemon battling is frustrating. He falls short as a person and feels only like a promotional tool.

I have watched every Pokemon movie up to the latest and I love every movie before the Arceus one. After that, I found it gradually became terrible. I wonder if they changed the scriptwriter... Yet the director is the same man who directed Mewtwo movie, it was appalling to find out. The OS movies have pretty much set a standard to me. They present the legend, the legendary Pokemon and Ash's adventure in the new location very tidily. (see: Celebi movie or Pokemon Heroes) If we are talking about about dark and serious plots, the Mewtwo movie is there. The laboratory that Mewtwo was created in exploded, the scientists in it died. And you've got a good story about Mewtwo trying to find his own purpose just like many of us. It's deep but very clear. However, the Keldeo movie was absolutely no.
    There are so many series like Digimon Adventures, Beyblade (Season 1), Yugioh and Medabots (Season 1 and 2) with the target audience: children that are good as well. Having a target audience "for kids" can never excuse the staleness of a story/series. The Keldeo movie was probably the worst I've ever watched among all the movies. I absolutely dislike the bratty-ness of Keldeo and the other characters are all portrayed very one-dimensionally. It really feels just like a promo movie to buy their merchandise OTL
    I think that Pokemon anime had a LOT of opportunities to be amazing. Artistic point of view, their CG and animation and 3D CG usage for the environments (esp in movies) have improved tremendously. But I can't agree with the direction they have taken the story or characters to.

Blog Entries
    Follow クリスタル On Twitter

Actually I really wanted to ask: Is there a purpose to continue the current Pokemon Anime with pathetic story, other then the mere reason of promoting the Pokemon franchise? I even doubt the scriptwriter(s) is there to write the Pokemon Anime script for entertainment purpose, because there is not much "entertainment value" if you had ever watch the current episodes and movies. As an audience, do you feel like you wanted to watch the next coming up episode when you had finished watching one episode? If not, then it is a clear indication showing it is not entertaining the audience.

When I had read through the threads and posts in the Anime section of many Pokemon forums, I found one interesting fact of why they continue to watch the TV show despite they continue to complain: 99% of the complainers are there to watch it continuously only because IT IS POKEMON! It is not because the show is fun to watch or good to kill time or whatever entertainment reason, but merely because it is TV show of a world-wide well-known franchise.
    Such audience attitude, is the same as the famous brand followers that is willing to spend money continuously to buy a LV handbag, Gucci dress, Chanel perfume, BMW special edition vehicles, etc of stuffs, but deeply know very little about the brand itself.

I didn't watch any of the BW series, the previous DP series I'd only scan through (I didn't watch it, I'd merely scan it) the first several episodes. This is because after I scan through those episodes, it gives me an immediately feeling of "This is boring!! You want me as an audience to continue watching it until this journey is finish after 2~3 years!? TV Tokyo, think again!! I would rather take that 30 minute of airing time to do other things else instead".

But on the opposite, I'd never had such feeling whenever I read through the Pokemon mangas. Not only limited to Pokemon Special, but also mangas like Pokemon Phantom Theif 7, Pokemon HGSS Adventure of Jou, Pokemon DP, or even Pokemon ReBurst. Whenever I finished reading one chapter, I always shouted in my heart: "When will the next chapter be out? I can't wait anymore, I really wanted to see what happen next!!"
    When a fictional work that causes audience to have such feeling, it is then a clear indication that the work is truly entertaining.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    Pokemon Special had done quite good in exchanging protagonists. By exchanging characters, a new journey and a new saga is introduced, so the show will not be stale. And yet, it is quite good in relating the current story back to the previous saga(s) and the upcoming new saga. There is no need to directly show to us the old characters are still around, just a mention of the past already enough to remind us about the old characters, so the old ones will never be forget.
    Also keeping Ash kinda hinders their plan to make every "new series" appeal to newer viewer especially in Best Wishes with continuity callbacks all while presenting Ash as a total rookie.
    Last edited by matt0044; 24th June 2013 at 08:49 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    First of All , There is only 2 manga that targeted Teenager !
    Pokemon Reburst & Pokemon Magical Journey.
    Rest of the Pokemon Manga targeted Kids.
    Including Pokemon adventure & Pokemon DPA
    Im not sure that most young kids (in the US) would prefer reading books over watchin a TV show. those manga may be aimed for younger kids but most kids would need a better understanding of the mechanics of Pokemon (either game or tv show) before most would pick up a Manga book of Pokemon
    Just because You didn't like reading as a Kid , Don't think All other Kids In US , Japan and all other country are like you .
    There are a lot of Kids Who are interested in Reading .
    Expect , They doesn't like Reading without Pic .
    I'm not telling it from only mine experience of Childhood , I saying it from watching All my childhood friend and Current Kids & Mine experience .
    And I verify My theory with enough Kids to be right
    Don't tell me that Kids in Mine Country like to read But Kids in US & Japan Doesn't .
    If Kids in Bangladesh were that developed then Our Country would have been one of the richest Country in the World .

Second of All , Who told you that Manga ONLY target Teenager ???
    There are a lot of Manga that Targeted little Kids including DOAREMON !
    Doraemon Has become a important part of Japanese Culture But it was started as a Manga for little Kids .
    It become an Anime after getting huge popularity as a Manga from Kids .
    Please Don't tell me , Doraemon Targeted Teenager !
    Teens and tweens who have probily either watched the show or plaed the games would be the idealistic target for the manga because they are likely to have a better comprehenision on what the "in world mechanics" are. I wanted pokemon Crystal way back in 2000 because i had been watching the show since 1998 and it got my attention as a kid. if i was given abook of adventures, i possibly would have lost interest.

As for Doaremon, that is a cult classic that has been around since the 1970s. it was originally targeted to kids but it still remained popular with those kids as they grew up and when they had children, they introduced it to them and they liked it
    And Who introduce Doreamon to their Parent when they were Kids ?
    Did Doreamon's Arthur went every one of those parent's house to introduce Doreamon to them when they were Kids .
    Nope !
    Those Parent liked to read Doreamon and that why it become an Anime and still running as a Anime .
    Doreamon still be popular among current Kids without their parent introducing that series to them just like Their parent like Doreamon without anyone introducing that series to them .
    Just Like Doreamon become Popular in India even though none of the current parent in India didn't watch Doraemon.
    If A Children liking & disliking depended on their parent then every one of us would have been a Carbon copy of our parent !

And What ''Shift'' your talking about ?
    The way the Anime is being handle , It let me believe that the Old Men (Writer) from Pokemon believe Kids of current generation is same as Kids from 90's generation and they can't accept that Kids of current generation are far more advanced from kids of 90's generation
    That's the problem with stubborn Old men ! They can't accept that they can make a mistake just because they are older . They won't just accept their mistake Even If Young Man clearly showed them their mistake because they are older then the young man.
    there is an old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it." back in the 90s there are many cartoons that are cult classics such as Cow and Chicken, ANgry Beavers, Animaniacs, Courage the Cowardly dog, Ren and stimpy and some disney spin off cartoons of their big films of the 90s such as Timon and Pumbaa ans Aladdin. these shows resonated with the young kids (target audience) and the Adults (supply of $$$) that made them njoyable to both. Spongebob was an excellent show in the first few seasons but it fell to rock bottom quickly after that when they started with younger people kept making mistakes that the older writers steered clear from. the writers think that the current generation of kids parents are still an ample source of cash. however the 90s generation of kids are starting to become that ample supply of cash and if a show only appeals to the demand but not the flow of cash, the franchise starts to flounder. thats why i think the Manga is more older geared while the TV show is geared to the current younger gens
    I watched some of them and those cartoon has content that isn't suitable for Kids !
    And I'm a long time audience of Pokemon and even I won't let my Children Watch Pokemon if it still has Ash as a Protagonist , I rather buy them Pokemon manga & game instate !
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 27th June 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast