Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything) - Page 8

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

Quote Originally Posted by クリスタル View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

It because of scene like this , Pokemon Adventure will always be better then the Pokemon Anime !
    The expression of Black, it is the fighting expression with seriousness and solemnity against a very important battle that means a lot to himself, there is no joke or laughter can be or allowed to be interpose in the between. On top of that, even his Pokemon has the equivalent earnest look just like their trainer, it tells very clearly they are not "playing".

On the opposite, Pokemon League battles supposed to be serious fights that means a lot to any of the competitors, but however, we never saw such earnest expression of Ash in the anime (rather to say, he never put up such serious expression for any kind of battle in his life). Even Ash took hell of efforts to make all his way to the Pokemon League, he and his Pokemon is still pulling their carefree and slaphappy looks, it just feels like League battle to them is another amusing entertainment that is to be "play around".

Yeah, the sharp contrast is just like dollars to doughnuts.

You have no idea how much I wish to see an Anime Ark Where the Main Antagonist Misguide Ash's most closest and softest rival by using his insecurity and turn him into a Heartless pawn .
    Then Ash and he has a Big Battle where both trainer get physically hurt .
    Ash manage to defect him and get him back to sense .
    Then he give that rival's unconscious body to one of his friend and goes to fight the main villain to take revenge for what that guy did to his friend and save the world .
    But The Anime Writer will try something like that !
    THEY WILL USE STUPID IDEA LIKE ''MAKING A COMPLETE ROOKIE SUPERIOR THEN ASH '' OR ''MAKE ASH LOSE THE LEAGUE TO A TOTAL IDIOT WHO DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER TO BROUGHT A 6TH POKEMON IN FULL BATTLE'' RATHER THEN TRYING INTERESTING IDEA LIKE THIS !
    Some idiot say that Idea like this are too mature for Kids !
    When Digimon is for kids too and Digimon had their biggest toy sales during Digimon Xros war .
    And Digimon Xros war is-

-Much more Mature & Darker then all other Pokemon series.

-The protagonist was a Child prodigy .

So , ''Little Kids'' and ''Merchandise'' isn't the right excuse for Pokemon Anime to have a pathetic story plot then Pokemon Adventure
    I mean , What Pokemon Anime stuff think's .
    That Japanise Kids are too weak to handle mature story plot like Pokemon Adventure & Digimon Xros war .
    In a way , They are insulting the Children of their own country .
    Therefore ,
    Pokemon Manga is better then Pokemon Anime and their is no excuse for Pokemon Anime to be worst then the Manga !

Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 22nd May 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Blog Entries

The Anime nowadays seems more concerned with marketing gimmicks (girl-bands, cute Pokemon and their wacky hijinks, nostalgia from old fans with stuff like Charizard) than with telling a good story. Meanwhile, various Manga have plenty of freedom to tell their stories.
    Koukoubean likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    The Anime nowadays seems more concerned with marketing gimmicks (girl-bands, cute Pokemon and their wacky hijinks, nostalgia from old fans with stuff like Charizard) than with telling a good story. Meanwhile, various Manga have plenty of freedom to tell their stories.
    Excuse me , What benefit did the all Mistake of ''Best Wish's'' done to Marketing Gimmicks !
    Instate , The Anime destroyed a lot of Pokemon Marketability.
    Like Leavanny for example .
    I used to believe Leavanny as a equally cool pokemon as Gallade until I watched Ash's Leavanny .
    Atleast , The manga make the Pokemon look much more cooler then the anime and make me wanna buy merchandise .
    For Example , I used to thought Servine as a uncool Starter Pokemon .
    Until I saw ''White's Servine'' !
    The way it follows White and Protect her .
    I become crazy about Servine after seeing White's Servine !
    Plus ,
    Digimon Xros War had the biggest Toy sales but the series had a Child prodigy as the new Protagonist !Plus most digimon under him wasn't really that cute !

If I was the Writer then The first Pokemon Ash would caught is Braviary .
    Because thats the most marketable bird pokemon of Unova .
    Also I would also gave Ash a Reuniclus because thats the perfect psychic pokemon for Ash's team.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 3rd June 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Who says their marketing was any good?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Who says their marketing was any good?
    So What the point of doing all those pathetic thing in Best Wishs if it doesn't make the marketing any good ?
    What Kind of Idiot did they employed in Marketing Community ???
    Anyway ,
    Marketing is no longer reason for Pokemon Manga to be better then Pokemon .
    Its just a pointless excuse some fan use because they can expect Pokemon Anime to be Bad even if Pokemon Anime is Bad .

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[
    So What the point of doing all those pathetic thing in Best Wishs if it doesn't make the marketing any good ?
    Anyway ,
    Its just a pointless excuse some fan use because they can expect Pokemon Anime to be Bad even if Pokemon Anime is Bad .
    I do belive the Anime is geared and marketed to younger kids. when i was younger, me and my friends would ask each other if we watched the most recent episode. Little kids enjoy watching TV than reading. i enjoyed both but TV was my preference. the Manga is geared twords fans who have an idea on the pokemon concepts and dont need really any explination. Also the manga does cost money while most TV episodes are either on DVD or TV at a minimal cost. Little kids will watch the show and then ask for things such as cards, figures,ect because they saw it on TV. little kids arnt interested in reading Ads in books. the anime's marketabilty hasnt really been destroyed. more like shifted from the 1990s kids to the mid 2000s kids. the manga is geared twords teenagers because the stories are easyer for an older person to understand. Both have their pros and cons when it comes for marketability depending on who they are trying to market to

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Also the manga does cost money while most TV episodes are either on DVD or TV at a minimal cost.
    Manga in Japan is actually cheaper than DVDs and the cable bill. Heck, manga is inexpensive compared to anime DVDs here as well, though they're still a heck of a lot more expensive than they are in Japan. Being printed on higher quality paper doesn't help things either.

It because of scene like this , Pokemon Adventure will always be better then the Pokemon Anime !
    I remember Satoshi making the same facial expression with the same intensity in the anime before. Though that happened way long ago.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 5th June 2013 at 02:05 AM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    [
    Anyway ,
    I do belive the Anime is geared and marketed to younger kids. when i was younger, me and my friends would ask each other if we watched the most recent episode. Little kids enjoy watching TV than reading. i enjoyed both but TV was my preference. the Manga is geared twords fans who have an idea on the pokemon concepts and dont need really any explination. Also the manga does cost money while most TV episodes are either on DVD or TV at a minimal cost. Little kids will watch the show and then ask for things such as cards, figures,ect because they saw it on TV. little kids arnt interested in reading Ads in books. the anime's marketabilty hasnt really been destroyed. more like shifted from the 1990s kids to the mid 2000s kids. the manga is geared twords teenagers because the stories are easyer for an older person to understand. Both have their pros and cons when it comes for marketability depending on who they are trying to market to
    First of All , There is only 2 manga that targeted Teenager !
    Pokemon Reburst & Pokemon Magical Journey.
    Rest of the Pokemon Manga targeted Kids.
    Including Pokemon adventure & Pokemon DPA

Second of All , Who told you that Manga ONLY target Teenager ???
    There are a lot of Manga that Targeted little Kids including DOAREMON !
    Doraemon Has become a important part of Japanese Culture But it was started as a Manga for little Kids .
    It become an Anime after getting huge popularity as a Manga from Kids .
    Please Don't tell me , Doraemon Targeted Teenager !

And What ''Shift'' your talking about ?
    The way the Anime is being handle , It let me believe that the Old Men (Writer) from Pokemon believe Kids of current generation is same as Kids from 90's generation and they can't accept that Kids of current generation are far more advanced from kids of 90's generation
    That's the problem with stubborn Old men ! They can't accept that they can make a mistake just because they are older . They won't just accept their mistake Even If Young Man clearly showed them their mistake because they are older then the young man.

It always like that in this Anime Vs Manga debate !
    If I show the perfect answer against ''Marketing'' then other people use ''Target Audience'' as aexcuse .
    If I show the perfect Answer against ''Targeted Audience'' then those people again use ''Marketing'' as a Excuse
    Its like going Back & Forth !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    Also the manga does cost money while most TV episodes are either on DVD or TV at a minimal cost.
    Manga in Japan is actually cheaper than DVDs and the cable bill. Heck, manga is inexpensive compared to anime DVDs here as well, though they're still a heck of a lot more expensive than they are in Japan. Being printed on higher quality paper doesn't help things either.
    [/QUOTE]

For my argumentation im going by in the USA for audiences. By minimal cost i meant to parents of the young target audiences. the anime to me seems geared to younger kids because it is more accesable. its on cable tv (parents pay), DVDs, and online. While the manga is more expensive in the USA due to printing costs they cost around 5 to 10+ bucks a book while a DVD costs 15 and you get twelve episodes compared to the 5 or so chapters in a Manga volume. Since the internet and cable tv to a certain extent have became wants and needs, young kids have access to the anime readly while with the Manga, paretns are less likely to buy it for younger kids due to price and concern of content because pokemon can easly be V-chiped on the TV if they are bad and grounded while hiding books may be a bit harder to do.

Blog Entries

The US isn't a really good model to base arguments on as the series has Japanese audiences in mind first and foremost (though international interest is certainly an impact). Pokemon Special, as shounen as it feels (and rightfully should be), is still a kodomo series as it's serialized in CoroCoro, a magazine for 6-year-olds+ (same general audience that the anime aims itself at).

Not to mention, the manga series are just as available on the net as the anime. Hard copies of the Pokemon Special manga have 9-13 chapters each volume, not five. Really, it's aimed at the same audience and is just as obtainable as the anime, so there's really no excuse for the anime to be worse than Special.
    Koukoubean likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Blog Entries

I pretty much already went over how the anime became the least ballsy of the Pokemon adaptations once Takeshi Shudo stepped down as head writer.
    Though to be fair, he was held back from the get-go but you could tell that he was trying.

Blog Entries

Though to be fair, he was held back from the get-go but you could tell that he was trying.
    That's very true. Even in the beginning, you could tell he was trying to incorporate aspects found in his novelizations in the anime. The only mention of Satoshi's dad and grandfather, Satoshi's mama being a really great cook (and running a restaurant all by herself, which you could tell when she basically hijacked one of the Pokemon League restaurants in one of the earlier episodes), etc. Too bad none of these aspects were really explored, ever.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 18th June 2013 at 10:20 PM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Blog Entries

First of All , There is only 2 manga that targeted Teenager !
    Pokemon Reburst & Pokemon Magical Journey.
    Rest of the Pokemon Manga targeted Kids.
    Including Pokemon adventure & Pokemon DPA
    Im not sure that most young kids (in the US) would prefer reading books over watchin a TV show. those manga may be aimed for younger kids but most kids would need a better understanding of the mechanics of Pokemon (either game or tv show) before most would pick up a Manga book of Pokemon

Second of All , Who told you that Manga ONLY target Teenager ???
    There are a lot of Manga that Targeted little Kids including DOAREMON !
    Doraemon Has become a important part of Japanese Culture But it was started as a Manga for little Kids .
    It become an Anime after getting huge popularity as a Manga from Kids .
    Please Don't tell me , Doraemon Targeted Teenager !
    Teens and tweens who have probily either watched the show or plaed the games would be the idealistic target for the manga because they are likely to have a better comprehenision on what the "in world mechanics" are. I wanted pokemon Crystal way back in 2000 because i had been watching the show since 1998 and it got my attention as a kid. if i was given abook of adventures, i possibly would have lost interest.

As for Doaremon, that is a cult classic that has been around since the 1970s. it was originally targeted to kids but it still remained popular with those kids as they grew up and when they had children, they introduced it to them and they liked it

And What ''Shift'' your talking about ?
    The way the Anime is being handle , It let me believe that the Old Men (Writer) from Pokemon believe Kids of current generation is same as Kids from 90's generation and they can't accept that Kids of current generation are far more advanced from kids of 90's generation
    That's the problem with stubborn Old men ! They can't accept that they can make a mistake just because they are older . They won't just accept their mistake Even If Young Man clearly showed them their mistake because they are older then the young man.
    there is an old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it." back in the 90s there are many cartoons that are cult classics such as Cow and Chicken, ANgry Beavers, Animaniacs, Courage the Cowardly dog, Ren and stimpy and some disney spin off cartoons of their big films of the 90s such as Timon and Pumbaa ans Aladdin. these shows resonated with the young kids (target audience) and the Adults (supply of $$$) that made them njoyable to both. Spongebob was an excellent show in the first few seasons but it fell to rock bottom quickly after that when they started with younger people kept making mistakes that the older writers steered clear from. the writers think that the current generation of kids parents are still an ample source of cash. however the 90s generation of kids are starting to become that ample supply of cash and if a show only appeals to the demand but not the flow of cash, the franchise starts to flounder. thats why i think the Manga is more older geared while the TV show is geared to the current younger gens

Blog Entries

Kids DO play the games though. The reason OLM decided to make the Pokemon anime geared towards the kodomo audience in the first place (back then, more of an all-ages thing thanks to Takeshi Shudo) is because the games became a hit amongst the primary schoolers.

Really, the medium doesn't matter. As long as its stimulates their young minds and imagination, kids will be interested in it. My little sister is only seven-years old, but loves going to the library and reading manga as much as she loves to watch television or play games.
    Koukoubean likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。

Blog Entries

My little sister is only seven-years old, but loves going to the library and reading manga as much as she loves to watch television or play games.
    Could we trade sisters?
    FANG-TAN likes this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast