Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything) - Page 6

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

Let's keep this from getting bad, guys.

And the rules usually state that in official tournaments, if one Pokemon is defeated, its Trainer loses the battle.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    The Stupidity of levels alone makes it so I can't get into special. I like the idea of of the author actually playing the games and trying to figure out which features he wants in his story but his choices arte just so so... DUMB.
    Let me tell you what's really DUMB !
    Making a Complete rookie superior then a fully developed Protagonist Or Making the Protagonist lose to scatter Brain who didn't even remember to bring a 6th Pokemon !
    OR KEEPING ASH 10 YEAR OLD EVEN THOUGH IT CLEARLY BEEN 5 YEAR SINCE HE STATED HIS JOURNEY !
    That What you call DUMB !
    I admit that the ''Pokemon Special'' had flew at first which made Anime look better then Manga .
    However ,Unlike the Donkey Anime Director & Writer , Kusaka actually learn from his flew and improve therefore ''Pokemon Adventure'' become better & better with Every series !
    But , The Donkey Anime Director & Writer are too egoistic to learn anything ! (They are handing Iris a freaking Zekrem even though Fans didn't fully accept her getting a Dragonite)
    They got sooooooooooooooo Angry that People wanted them to be creative with the Unova League that they purposely create the WORST LEAGUE CONFERENCE EVER'' just to punish people for wanting them to be creative .
    I mean , The Donkey Anime Director doesn't want to be creative Because being creative mean doing more work .
    They doesn't want to Work , They just want to screw around with their girlfriend and they can't stand anyone who force them to work by telling them to be creative !
    Ya , The Manga is about ''Fighting Bad guy'' !
    But It still about Something .
    What Pokemon Anime is about ?
    At first , It seem like Pokemon is about ''Ash's Journey to be a Pokemon Master ''!
    But Now It seem like Pokemon Anime is about Random adventure with no Story-plot What so ever !
    At least , The Manga Protagonist achieve their goal even though the Manga is about ''Fighting Bad Guy'' !
    Ash couldn't even win any Tournament that lest for 3 episode , Forget the League or Beating E4 & Champion.
    Ya , If Ash achieve his goal then he need to be replace !
    What is the problem with that !
    Ya , The Older fan might not accept the new Protagonist and leave the Show !
    But wasn't Pokemon Anime aiming for younger fan ?
    So What is a problem in ending Ash's story and start a new series with new protagonist for newer fan ???
    FYI :
    Before you try to reply my Post by Buttering the Donkey Anime Director & Writer , Read all other chapter of ''Pokemon Adventure'' ! If ''Pokemon Adventure'' is too long for you then read ''Pokemon DPA'' . Then reply to my Post .
    And I don't think anyone should feel bad about me insulting the Donkey Anime Director & Writer as worst way possible !
    Even the Actual Anime Director & Writer won't feel bad Because they are not only lazy but also ''Shameless'' !
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 22nd April 2013 at 10:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

The real problem is that people are approaching this the wrong way. There are people who mainly read Special and people who mainly watch the anime - and when they dive into either one of the other, they have a biased mindset, where if one aspect of the story is portrayed differently from an idea that's pushed along by the canon they're used to, it's automatically the wrong way of doing things. Swirly eyes indicating a fainted Pokemon, and a referee telling you that the Pokemon had indeed lost? That's an aspect that was created and pushed along by the anime. Is it a bad thing to incorporate? No. Is it necessary? Absolute not. It should be fairly obvious when one Pokemon beats another. The only time it should feel 100% necessary is if the writers feel that the audience is too stupid to make that sort of inference based on common sense.

(This is how 4Kids saw the audience of their Pokemon the First Movie dub, where they added a smörgåsbord of exposition because they felt the kids were too stupid to follow the story. "I will block all of the Pokemon's special abilities!", "it's Psychic!", etc. Sorry, I prefer not being treated like a baby who needs his hand held, thanks)

That aside, using levels and a PokeZukan similar to the games? It's not stupid at all. It's different, but not stupid. What matters if it works for that specific canon. You know what what would be stupid? If every Pokemon story worked pretty much the same damn way every time. Sorry, but no. That would be stupid. There are many things that you can leave out and incorporate in an anime/manga based on the Pokemon games, because many of the ideas in the games can use expansion. And that's why I like the idea of having various versions of the Pokemon world, because they provide different takes on different ideas that may or may not be shafted in other canons. This is why I get infuriated every time someone claims the anime or Special are the only ways to portray a story based on the Pokemon world. Stop it with the tunnel vision, people.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 26th April 2013 at 02:42 PM.
    matt0044 and Eitarou like this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really, really do not like the manga; it's a mix of nostalgia goggles and the fact that any romance you see seems really forced. Also, Arboks being cut in half. Still, it does do some stuff right, like stuff as many characters and mons in its pages as it can while making them interesting. Also, they did N really well; he's actually kind of villainous in this one.

Okay, beyond that, the anime is really cheesy and aimed at young children, but since I was a young child when I first saw it, it has a special sort of charm for me. It's got some real nice messages and most of the characters are quirky and fun to watch. ANd lately it's been breaking from the norm and it's become fun for me to watch again.
    Last edited by Aestivate; 28th April 2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: f/b

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miles101 View Post
    I really, really do not like the manga; it's a mix of nostalgia goggles and the fact that any romance you see seems really forced. Also, Arboks being cut in half.
    1. Which Manga? If it's Special, then what about DPA or others?

2. Romance doesn't tend to be a focal point of Special and even then, I don't think they're "forced." Also by nostalgia goggles you mean?

3. Arbok got better later on and violent scenes lack that became fewer later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    The only time it should feel 100% necessary is if the writers feel that the audience is too stupid to make that sort of inference based on common sense.

(This is how 4Kids saw the audience of their Pokemon the First Movie dub, where they added a smörgåsbord of exposition because they felt the kids were too stupid to follow the story. "I will block all of the Pokemon's special abilities!", "it's Psychic!", etc. Sorry, I prefer not being treated like a baby who needs his hand held, thanks)
    To be fair, the Anime itself can be very much like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I really, really do not like the manga; it's a mix of nostalgia goggles and the fact that any romance you see seems really forced. Also, Arboks being cut in half.
    1. Which Manga? If it's Special, then what about DPA or others?

2. Romance doesn't tend to be a focal point of Special and even then, I don't think they're "forced." Also by nostalgia goggles you mean?

3. Arbok got better later on and violent scenes lack that became fewer later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    The only time it should feel 100% necessary is if the writers feel that the audience is too stupid to make that sort of inference based on common sense.

To be fair, the Anime itself can be very much like this.
    Special. I just don't like it. I read the PMD manga, that one was really adorable and fun. DPA I have not checked out, but I think I might have to since it sounds pretty interesting.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I really, really do not like the manga; it's a mix of nostalgia goggles and the fact that any romance you see seems really forced. Also, Arboks being cut in half. Still, it does do some stuff right, like stuff as many characters and mons in its pages as it can while making them interesting. Also, they did N really well; he's actually kind of villainous in this one.

Okay, beyond that, the anime is really cheesy and aimed at young children, but since I was a young child when I first saw it, it has a special sort of charm for me. It's got some real nice messages and most of the characters are quirky and fun to watch. ANd lately it's been breaking from the norm and it's become fun for me to watch again.
    This are the messages I got from the Anime -

-1) An Underdog will always remain an underdog . They can dream big but at the end they will fail no matter how much they work for it !

-2) Friend held a trainer back ! A lot people complain about Ash no training in Unova But they failed to notice that Ash can't train enough because his friend keep dragging him to some Worthless adventure ! All other trainer who travel alone , Becomed more develop then Ash because they didn't had 2 sidekick holding them back !

-3) Hard Work & experience is worthless compare to a child prodigy ! Even a rookey Child prodigy will be 5 year ahead of an average hard working person . So if we got a same aged Child Prodigy as our rival then we should give up because we can't compete against a rookie child prodigy ! A Child Prodigy will beat us without even working hard for it .

-4) We shouldn't dream to becoming anything if we didn't born with the Talent ! Underdog like Ash will always be inferior to child prodigy & they will always fail So Kid shouldn't dream big like Ash without inborn talent Or They will become as pathetic & lame as Ash right now! Only those who born with inborn talent are worthy of Dreaming Big !

This are Message the Anime gives !
    The only thing good about the Anime is that the Character are Animated !
    Nothing else !
    By the way , Pokemon Manga target same Audience the Anime does !
    Expect , The Manga Arthur doesn't use Babies as a excuse for their lazy writing !
    There nothing force about the romance in the Manga !
    I used to believe Pokemon Anime was about Underdog's achieving their goal but now it seem Pokemon Anime simply mocking Underdog for Dreaming anything Big without born with the Talent!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 28th April 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

This are the messages I got from the Anime -

-1) An Underdog will always remain an underdog . They can dream big but at the end they will fail no matter how much they work for it !

-2) Friend held a trainer back ! A lot people complain about Ash no training in Unova But they failed to notice that Ash can't train enough because his friend keep dragging him to some Worthless adventure ! All other trainer who travel alone , Becomed more develop then Ash because they didn't had 2 sidekick holding them back !

-3) Hard Work & experience is worthless compare to a child prodigy ! Even a rookey Child prodigy will be 5 year ahead of an average hard working person . So if we got a same aged Child Prodigy as our rival then we should give up because we can't compete against a rookie child prodigy ! A Child Prodigy will beat us without even working hard for it .

-4) We shouldn't dream to becoming anything if we didn't born with the Talent ! Underdog like Ash will always be inferior to child prodigy & they will always fail So Kid shouldn't dream big like Ash without inborn talent Or They will become as pathetic & lame as Ash right now! Only those who born with inborn talent are worthy of Dreaming Big !

This are your So called Message Your precious Anime gives !
    The only thing good about the Anime is that the Character are Animated !
    Nothing else !
    By the way , Pokemon Manga target same Audience the Anime does !
    Expect , The Manga Arthur doesn't use Babies as a excuse for their lazy writing !
    There nothing force about the romance in the Manga !
    Why don't you actually read all chapter before commenting about the manga from Just One Chapter !
    I used to believe Pokemon Anime was about Underdog's achieving their goal but now it seem Pokemon Anime simply mocking Underdog for Dreaming anything Big without born with the Talent!
    Hey, no need to get angry, I was just expressing my opinion here...kinda going a bit overboard here...

Blog Entries

Special. I just don't like it.
    You still haven't answered my questions. What do you mean by nostalgia googles? Why do the romances seem "forced?" There are ship teases here and there but I don't think there are full-on couples. Unless I'm wrong. And what's wrong with Arbok's decapitation which it gets over? I know Pokemon is meant to be for kids but I don't believe it should be strictly so.

Blog Entries

You still haven't answered my questions. What do you mean by nostalgia googles? Why do the romances seem "forced?" There are ship teases here and there but I don't think there are full-on couples. Unless I'm wrong. And what's wrong with Arbok's decapitation which it gets over? I know Pokemon is meant to be for kids but I don't believe it should be strictly so.
    Nostalgia goggles, as in, I'm admitting to being biased towards the anime because I grew up with it. Most of the kids are 12-13, that range, correct? Ruby and Sapphire is the most glaring example in my eyes. And I'm squeamish, so even if it ges better, I did not enjoy the imagery of an Arbok being decapitated.

These are just my opinions. If you like the manga, that's cool by me.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

I know Pokemon is meant to be for kids but I don't believe it should be strictly so.
    I'm not sure is the Pokemon franchise meant to be for kids (specifically meaning on the preteen children). Simply because from the fictional idea viewpoint, training monsters and participate battles of monster as a sport, also travel around the world with such monsters is really not a very appropriate fictional concept for preteens. This however is a very good Shonen fictional concept.

Please understand, children less than 13 years old and teenagers of 13~19 years had a complete different mind-set (<13 is quite innocent in the head where one cannot tell exactly what is good or bad, and 13~19 is the period of mental rebelliousness which always think oneself is always right), hence fictional works that target towards these two target audience is completely different in terms of portrayal of mental maturity.
    For preteen children fictions, generally they are moralistic and educational, teaching children how to behave as good and considerate people and helping them to stay on the right path in life. It doesn't have to do a lecture at every episodes, even just a simple massive battle with the absolute Big Bad can tell the concept of "Evil never win against Justice". Generally preteen fictional works consist of daily life themes, friendship themes, and/or battle against an absolute evil villain that is just bad in all sense that must be defeat. Doraemon by Fujiko F. Fujio is one of the most notable examples.
    But for Shonen fictions, it often portrays challenges to the protagonist's abilities, skills, and maturity, stressing self-perfection, austere self-discipline, sacrifice in the cause of duty, and honorable service to society, community, family, and friends. So it is much more mentally mature compare to preteen fictions, and there might not be definite meaning in black and white for Good or Bad. Shonen fictions normally consists of many actions such as battles (in martial art forms, magic, henshin heroes, piloting robots, etc), journeys or adventures, or maybe sport/mystery themed, sci-fi backgrounded, or even romance comedies that tells how protagonist fall in love. Shonen fictions normally portray how protagonist "grow" from amateur to professional, whether such grow is in his/her battle skill, personality, ethic view, or mental maturity.

So you see, Pokemon as a fictional concept is really meant to be in the Shonen category which is suitable for teenagers of 13~19 years old, but Pokemon Anime had made itself into a preteen anime for <13 years old. So there exist a contradiction in the fictional idea of Pokemon anime that is not very suitable for its target audience. It just seems that Pokemon franchise force itself to target the different target audience that was originally not meant to be its box, so the Pokemon anime was then "forced" to change itself as well into a hilarious unending anime.
    Really, if I may asked, by watching the Pokemon anime, can you conceive any hidden messages or notions or idea that told the audience to be good but not to be bad? It is mentally educational in some sense? Does it give you the idea of friendship is great? Does it give you the idea of "Evil never win against Justice"? The only reason I see why Pokemon is suitable for the preteen is merely the monster is so cute like a doll, which it completely had no comparable anime/manga that also feature such "cutie" monsters.

And because of that, I personally dislike to watch anime, but prefer on all the mangas of Pokemon, because those are really correctly portrayed as "Shonen fictional works".
    Last edited by クリスタル; 30th April 2013 at 10:52 AM.
    smalllady and FANG-TAN like this.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Blog Entries

Ruby and Sapphire is the most glaring example in my eyes.
    To be fair, I actually find the pair legit. More than any Ashx(whatever girl he traveled with) pairings.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Nostalgia goggles, as in, I'm admitting to being biased towards the anime because I grew up with it. Most of the kids are 12-13, that range, correct? Ruby and Sapphire is the most glaring example in my eyes. And I'm squeamish, so even if it ges better, I did not enjoy the imagery of an Arbok being decapitated.

These are just my opinions. If you like the manga, that's cool by me.
    Would you let go of Arbok getting cut in half ?
    Ya Kusaka made some mistake at first !
    But he actually realize his mistake , He realize that People doesn't like A Pokemon getting cut in half and didn't repeated the mistake unless it was necessary !
    However ,
    Did the Anime writer ever realize and accept their mistake ?
    The 3 month of BW was enough to realize that Reboot Ash failed !
    Majority of Fans didn't accepted that !
    But I guess Pokemon Anime Writer are some stupid grouchy Old Man who's proud to accept that they made a Mistake .
    So Instate of making up for the mistake in BW season 1 , They made thing even Worst in BW Season 2 !
    Kusaka realize his mistakes already But The Anime Writer doesn't even want to accept they made mistake !
    Making Ash lose Indigo League and keeping him 10 up until now was a huge mistake !
    Fan doesn't want Ash forever , They want to see One series were Ash win the League and Become Pokemon Master/Champion !
    So Tell me , How long it going to take for those IDIOT to realize this ?
    the main reason why I'm looking forward to the upcoming Generation Vi series because A trainer can use 6 Pokemon in battle and Director/Writer might planning to finish Ash's story with a final battle in PWT where Ash use 6 different Pokemon from 6 different Generation !
    Don't try to use little Kids as excuse !
    Ever heard of Shugo Chara !
    I'm pretty sure that it was meant for even younger Girl and it won a award as well !
    However Shugo Chara has much mature plot and real humor compare to Pokemon
    Pokemon Best Wishs tries to be funny but there no really good Humor and Chemistry between Character.
    Character's just make Weird face but there no real timing .
    And the Chemistry between all character is as fake as some little kids playing ''House'' !
    This is how Humor and Chemistry between Kids Anime character should be-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rwQf0vfz8
    I guess Shugo Chara has 2 thing that Pokemon BW series Avoided and those 2 thing made Shugo Chara's plot , Chemistry and Humor better-

-Primary Goal : All Character in that Anime had one Primary Goal no matter what different Dream they had and The series mainly focus on that ! And That was to deal with X-egg and find Embryo . Because of this Primary Goal , All Major Character were connect to one another and therefore it allow the series to create a good chemistry among character .

-Admiration Toward the Main Character : All character in that Anime were attracted to the main Character Amu's personality and they all shared a special admiration toward her . Including One shot and antagonistic Character . This Admiration also connected all the character as well !

2 thing Pokemon Anime doesn't have !
    In Pokemon Anime , Everybody has separated goal and writer try to work with their goal separately just to be fair ! Some idiot might think its a good thing but they failed to notice that this is reason why Pokemon story plot become so mess up .
    ''Pokemon Adventure'' also focus on One Primary goal . The Primary Goal of ''Pokemon Adventure'' is to fight against the Evil Team and Kusaka mainly focus on that . This the reason why the Manga has better plot then Anime
    If Kusaka Or any other good Writer was in charge of Pokemon Anime , Then We would get a REAL TEAM PLASMA ARK Where Trip , Gerogia , Cabernet , Stephan , Bianca, Kotetsu , Cilan and Iris join The Hero of Ideal/Truth Ash to save Unova from Team plasma !
    Not to mention a Good Unova League that Ash actually win or Lose to someone Worthy ! Not to mention a real main rival with justified superiority .
    Pokemon Anime Director/Writer trying to show everyone their fairness however this Fairness is killing the Anime .
    Pokemon isn't Hunter X Hunter Where different character could be the main character .
    Some Anime mainly depend on Main Character personality and Development ! Some Anime is meant to be '''Main Character Show'' ! Pokemon is infect One of Them !
    By the way ,
    The ''HaHaHa'' at the end of every episode is more annoying then Your Nostalgia goggles !
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 30th April 2013 at 12:15 PM.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

Would you let go of Arbok getting cut in half ?
    Ya Kusaka made some mistake at first !
    But he actually realize his mistake , He realize that People doesn't like A Pokemon getting cut in half and didn't repeated the mistake unless it was necessary !
    However ,
    Ever heard of Shugo Chara !
    I'm pretty sure that it was meant for even younger Girl and it won a award as well !
    However Shugo Chara has much mature plot and real humor compare to Pokemon
    Pokemon Best Wishs tries to be funny but there no really good Humor and Chemistry between Character.
    Character's just make Weird face but there no real timing .
    And the Chemistry between all character is as fake as some little kids playing ''House'' !
    This is how Humor and Chemistry between Kids Anime character should be-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rwQf0vfz8
    I guess Shugo Chara has 2 thing that Pokemon BW series Avoided and those 2 thing made Shugo Chara's plot , Chemistry and Humor better-

-Primary Goal : All Character in that Anime had one Primary Goal no matter what different Dream they had and The series mainly focus on that ! And That was to deal with X-egg and find Embryo . Because of this Primary Goal , All Major Character were connect to one another and therefore it allow the series to create a good chemistry among character .

-Admiration Toward the Main Character : All character in that Anime were attracted to the main Character Amu's personality and they all shared a special admiration toward her . Including One shot and antagonistic Character . This Admiration also connected all the character as well !

2 thing Pokemon Anime doesn't have !
    In Pokemon Anime , Everybody has separated goal and writer try to work with their goal separately just to be fair ! Some idiot might think its a good thing but they failed to notice that this is reason why Pokemon story plot become so mess up .
    ''Pokemon Adventure'' also focus on One Primary goal . The Primary Goal of ''Pokemon Adventure'' is to fight against the Evil Team and Kusaka mainly focus on that . This the reason why the Manga has better plot then Anime
    If Kusaka Or any other good Writer was in charge of Pokemon Anime , Then We would get a REAL TEAM PLASMA ARK Where Trip , Gerogia , Cabernet , Stephan , Bianca, Kotetsu , Cilan and Iris join The Hero of Ideal/Truth Ash to save Unova from Team plasma !
    Not to mention a Good Unova League that Ash actually win or Lose to someone Worthy ! Not to mention a real main rival with justified superiority .
    Pokemon Anime Director/Writer trying to show everyone their fairness however this Fairness is killing the Anime .
    Pokemon isn't Hunter X Hunter Where different character could be the main character .
    Some Anime mainly depend on Main Character personality and Development ! Some Anime is meant to be '''Main Character Show'' ! Pokemon is infect One of Them !
    By the way ,
    The ''HaHaHa'' at the end of every episode is more annoying then Your Nostalgia goggles !
    Ok. comparing Shugo Chara for a younger audience than pokemon does seem a bit out of place. some scenes in that video are very questionable for use in a show that is "alegedly" geared to a younger audience then pokemon.Back on topic...

I do think the manga is geared twords audiences who are "veterans" of pokemon where they cut out a good part of the spoon feeding the anime has. the manga is more mature in the way that the characters handle themselves better. yes the manga has had its moments of questioning such as the Arbok incident, Black as a kid getting maimed, ect ect. but not to the degree of other manga. i feel that the manga allows more character development because the storys dont really contain too much filler such as the anime.

Now the anime is the main outlet for the entertainment aspect and is the big attention generator. that said it will be more corny because this will grab younger kids attention and give them a better explination and understanding about pokemon. it may be corny but there have been a few "getting crap past the Radar moments"Pokémon - Television Tropes & Idioms.

overall due to my nostalgia, i do prefer the anime over the manga because seeing the characters move has always facinated me ever since i was young

Blog Entries

One thing I notice is how Special connects the individual game generations well while making a separate storyline for each one. With the Anime, the loose plot and episodic nature of Ash's journey seems to stem from not knowing what will be in the next games.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast