Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything) - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

@Orbis Agreed.

I like the various Manga in comparison to the Anime because of how it may be aimed at kids but that doesn't stop them from putting in actual effort and quality into their work. I don't hate how the Anime is for kids but I do hate how that seems to be used as an excuse to not put more elbow grease into the story. There are a lot of things of the story that the Anime could've done greatly if they put much more thought into it. It may be a toy commercial for kids but as MLP:FiM and Mobile Suit Gundam (universal century, mind you) show, the story doesn't have to suffer for it. Heck, with better storytelling, the Anime would be more loved and more would by the games.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Manga & their Arthur is better then the Anime .
    They along do more then Anime head writer does with 5 or 10 people helping him.
    I would feel lot safer with Gen VI Anime if the Manga Arthur were in charge of this.
    And ''Kids Anime'' is nothing more then an excuse !
    I watch enough Kids Anime to know that.
    Some people might try to Establish ''Pokemon Manga'' to be unsuitable for their kids but Pokemon Manga is much more suitable for Kids !
    Specially Pokemon DPA ! That's totally for Kids.
    Its because Manga Arthur put an effort into it so people of all ages can enjoy it.
    Unlike the Anime which using Kids as an excuse for slacking off and getting paid without much work.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 12th January 2013 at 09:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pratkun View Post
    (only in English dub).
    I wouldn't really single the dub out.

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Indigo League vs RGB Arc: Tie.
    Orange Islands vs Yellow Arc: Orange Islands
    Johto League vs GSC Arc: GSC Arc.
    Advanced vs RS Arc: Advanced, I guess...
    Battle Frontier vs Emerald Arc: Battle Frontier (JP) > Emerald Arc > Battle Frontier (TPCi), they're all pretty bad, though.
    Diamond and Pearl Anime vs DPP Arc: Neither, DPP if I had to choose.
    Best Wishes vs BW Arc: Best Wishes

Overall: Original Series = RBG > Yellow > GSC > Best Wishes > Advanced > Battle Frontier/RSE > DPP > Diamond & Pearl anime > BW Arc
    Last edited by speedingbulletbill; 1st March 2013 at 11:02 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The Gym Battle in Pokemon DP Anime was much better then all Pokemon DP Manga's Gym Battle.
    Huh , Even 2 year ago I believed Pokemon Anime to be better then Pokemon Manga or any other similar anime like Digimon , Yugioh & Bakugun Because Those Anime/Manga mainly focus on ''Fighting Bad Guys'' While Pokemon Anime was about ''A Underdog developing into a winner and reaching to the top'''!
    But if Pokemon Anime no longer have that thing then it would be foolish to say Pokemon Anime is better then the Pokemon Manga.
    Atleast , The Protagonist of the Pokemon Manga or Any other similar Anime got proper development and able to reach their goal.
    The story of Pokemon Manga and other similar Anime handled in the way that Protagonist will focus on fighting bad guy but will still reach his goal.
    But Pokemon Anime screwed Ash and totally ruined Unova League before starting a whole saga about ''Fighting Bad guys''.
    Therefore , Pokemon Anime is infect WORST then them.
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 9th February 2013 at 07:48 AM.

Blog Entries

I like comparing Pocket Monsters to the anime. They are both feature Red counterparts who travel through multiple regions with a Pikachu companion. Other than that though it's hard to compare the two. PM is very light-hearted and doesn't have a serious bone in its body.

I watched anime and read pokemon comics, and my take is that in the manga the pokemon are more like animals and more lively. And the show just cycles the same things on and on. TV show: Oh we defeated team rocket. That was so hard. Manga:TEAM ROCKETS A THREAT! NOT A GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH A CAT!

From a story telling perspective, the manga is superior. By far. The anime is great, don't get me wrong, but Pokemon Special actually tells a story. The anime becomes really unfocused at times. The manga never loses that focus. It knows the kind of story it wants to tell, and it tells it well. Every chapter is riddled with tension. I never once was bored at all. The original arcs of the anime are my personal favorites...but the manga tops 'em all.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You all must find out about the New Chapter of Black & White Ark in February !
    Then Obviously you all have to admit-

-Pokemon Spe Manga Iris's Development > Pokemon Anime Iris's Development.

-Black & White Unova League > Best Wishs Unova League

-Black's Development ,Skill & Intellect > Ash Development , Skill & Intellect

-Black & While's Plot > Best Wishs Plot

So , The Result is-

Pokemon Manga> Pokemon Anime
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 3rd March 2013 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

I thought the first eighty or so episodes of the anime were great (including the first movie, but a handful of the later movies are good too) and had just as much of an interesting take on Red and Green as all of the other Pokemon manga available at the time (and was just as much of an advertisement as them). Satoshi, as a main character, had a lot of personality and was as lifelike as all of his manga counterparts back in the day. I'm actually curious of how it would have been if they went with their planned episode count. It seems like they stopped caring after they decided to extend it, as long as they were advertising the games. Though there was still some love put into it here and there.

Even though I don't like the anime as much now (I got back into it just for Episode N), I still get annoyed at people complaining about how unfaithful it is to the games when there are plenty of manga series that don't follow them at all. Or, on the more "blegh" side of the English fandom, stupid things like Satoshi not catching any legendaries. It's as if fans gloss over the real flaws in order to complain about petty things that don't matter.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 21st March 2013 at 05:23 PM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    I thought the first eighty or so episodes of the anime were great (including the first movie, but a handful of the later movies are good too) and had just as much of an interesting take on Red and Green as much as all of the other Pokemon manga available at the time (and was as much as an advertisement as them). Satoshi, as a main character, had a lot of personality and was as lifelike as all of his manga counterparts back in the day. I'm actually curious of how it would have been if they went with their planned episode count. It seems like they stopped caring after they decide to extend it, as long as they were advertising the games. Though there was still some love put into it here and there.
    True and if Takashi Shuudo had a tad more freedom with the story, it would've been greater. The Anime isn't bad to me but it had a lot of opportunities it missed.

Blog Entries

I think Pokemon Adventures is better than the anime. The anime has very stale characters, but at least the Pokemon have personalities. Adventures on the other hand has great character development and a very good storyline while the anime is about stupid old Ash trying to beat the Pokemon League, but he always freakin' fails! His character goes stale too after 5 freaking Pokemon generations, while Adventures introduces a new protogonist each generation. The problem with Adventures is that the Pokemon have no distinct personality. In the anime, Ash also always forgets everything he learned from the previous region, with the exception of Sinnoh. I liked the anime up until the tenth episode of Best Wishes.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    True and if Takashi Shuudo had a tad more freedom with the story, it would've been greater. The Anime isn't bad to me but it had a lot of opportunities it missed.
    I thought it was a shame that Takeshi Shudo had little control over his own story. I thought his writing shone the most in the "Birth of Mewtwo" CD Drama and the whole Mewtwo saga in general. Anime!Mewtwo was always better than Special!Mewtwo, at least to me (and definitely PM!Mewtwo, though he was a funny gag). They even make nods to Anime!Mewtwo in Special because Kusaka probably thought it was that good, if not because the anime is popular.

If Takeshi Shudo had more freedom while writing the anime and the first movie really did end up being the finale to Satoshi's story along with the conclusion of Rocket Gang, I would have fonder memories of the anime. Not to mention, Takeshi Shudo had very interesting ideas in his novelization that I would have loved seeing making it into to the anime. Adds much more background details and personality to the characters.

R.I.P. Takeshi Shudo
    matt0044 likes this.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I strongly believe that the manga is better than the anime for several reasons.

Characters
    With each new chapter saga, we get a new set of main characters. They each have their own main goal that they wish to accomplish and end up accomplishing. For example, Red and Sapphire collecting badges, Ruby becoming a coordinator, Diamond and Pearl becoming comedians, Crystal completing the Pokedex. Etc. It’s always satisfying to finish a manga series when the quest had been completed and the main characters accomplish their goals; unlike watching Ash's travel throughout a region, earn badges, and enter their league, for 3 years only for him to lose and have the cycle repeat itself; creating an endless journey of losses and failures.

Pokemon
    I actually like the fact that Pokemon are treated as being more human dependent in the manga. That’s basically how the games work anyway. Besides, I think the anime takes this too far. Having a few personality quirks to become more individual is okay, but a lot of the Pokemon are basically treated as humans, having too many personality quirks that are really sometimes ridiculous. Oshawott is the biggest example of this; with his girl chasing, gluttonous, and boastful, self absorbed, careless nature which causes him to ruin most episodes by just being annoying. Therefore I like how the manga treats Pokemon more like they are treated in the games and doesn’t put to much emphasis on personalities.
    It’s also nice to see the different teams that each character develops. Ash has this predictable pattern of catching at the early route bird, a grass-type, (so far always a starter), a water-type, and a fire-type (maybe or maybe not starters), and the last thing could essentially be anything, but in recent times they’ve been ground- types. However, the manga characters could basically catch anything of any type. I mean who expected Gold to catch a Sunkern, or Pearl to catch a Tauros.

Nicknames
    I love how mostly all of the main manga pokes have nicknames. It’s something I love as a feature and am upset that the anime rarely uses. It’s much more pleasing to see “Chimler, use Flamethrower!”, “Saur, use Frenzy Plant!” and “Mumu, use Water Gun!” vs. “Infernape, use Flamethrower!”, Venusaur, use Frenzy Plant, or Mudkip, use Water Gun!” It’s nice to see that these guys are close enough to their Pokemon to give them nicknames.

Maturity
    The manga has a much higher maturity level than the anime. Red frequently used swear words in the beginning, Ruby’s head was bleeding massively, death being quite frequent and just the use of more coarse events. The anime sometimes just seems too aimed for kids. A few more dark plots would be nice.
    Overall, the manga is just something I look forward to reading as soon as it comes out as opposed to the anime that I watch just to find out what happens and say that I’ve seen every episode, especially if most of those episodes are useless fillers that make no difference if seen or not.
    matt0044 likes this.

"Alerting all VOC@LOIDs." hopeandjoy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You have no idea how sick I am with people talking about how Special is ~so~ mature, dark, and edgy unlike that stuuuupid anime.

Special is your average shonen manga, with slightly less fanservice and blood. The anime has had more characters permanently die than Special.

Let me repeat that. The anime has had more characters permanently die than Special. Latios and Lucario stayed dead. That is better than I can say for any Special character, whether their revival be through Deus Ex Celebi, who the fuck knows (looking at you Pryce), or whatever contrived reason.

Both are about how super-duper friendship is. Special has maybe a little more romance, if only because of Red and Yellow's crushes on each other and Ruby and Sapphire's confession (which was promptly ignored, as pointed out at the beginning of the Emerald arc). As for the ~swear words~ that the previous poster mentioned, that's because of the ambiguity of Japanese swears, which can mean anything from "rats" to "fuck" (and Ash uses the same in the Japanese version too! Guess what the more appropriate translation is. If you said a swear word, may I point you to the age demographic of both).

The difference is this: the anime is for Japanese 7-year olds. Special is for Japanese 9-year olds.

That doesn't mean I dislike Special. I'm just sick of people making it out to be something that it's not. There are things to enjoy in both. Special as better human characters, the anime Pokémon. The anime has a very special charm and the older characters in Special are fun to watch.

Also: VIOLENCE DOES NOT EQUAL MATURITY. Personally, an obsession with it signals immaturity to me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast