Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything) - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    For me, the Manga Stories by a country smile!
    Mind expanding on that? I'd like to know more on your thoughts. If you can.

I really think it depends on the Generation. For me Gen 1 Manga was much better than the anime but the Gen III anime was so much better than the manga. Currently though the anime is terrible!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Shiifter View Post
    I really think it depends on the Generation. For me Gen 1 Manga was much better than the anime but the Gen III anime was so much better than the manga. Currently though the anime is terrible!
    I cannot stress this enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

There is more than one manga. Please, specify which one you're talking about.

Ah great, somebody else who finds the new series terrible!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I said no such thing.

Blog Entries

He was correcting you when you said "Manga" when you obviously meant Pokemon Special.

I meant Pokemon Adventures

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    For me, the Manga Stories by a country smile!
    Mind expanding on that? I'd like to know more on your thoughts. If you can.
    Sure
    I like the mangas because they give the characters more depth, usually have a much better pacing, a (vastly) better used of game characters, have an edge to them the show doesn't even begin to think about having and tell an actual story.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Oh dear God, manga big-time. Character development (and aging), Pokemon that actually evolve (and the ones that don't are powerful enough for their species anyway like Pika), and epic scenes.

Blog Entries

One thing about Pokemon Manga overall is that (and this is a personal theory of mine) the various Manga are usually written and drawn by one guy, the Mangaka, who have more creative liberty (though their editors may object to somethings) and the chance to really tell a story unlike the Anime which is pretty much one huge commercial riddled with filler or just overall dull moments. The Anime has this vibe that the writers just have no idea what they're doing or where this "story" is heading and not in a good way.

TEH STAFF OF D00M

Follow SuperStaff on Tumblr

The manga(s) tend to have better stories, or at least they have more going on for them than the anime. Even gag manga like Pocket Monsters (with the foulmouthed Clefairy) tends to at least somewhat succeed in their genre whereas the anime, unfortunately, doesn't have as much happen for a show that's meant to be Action/Adventure...
    Koukoubean likes this.

I'll point out first I prefer Anime's over Manga's. But I gotta admit, the Pokemon Manga series is A LOT more involved, serious and completely different to the anime, and has a better story line if you ask me. I don't really get the same feel of it though when I read the manga compared to when I watch the anime, but I can defiantly see why the manga would appeal to older fans of Pokemon.

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

Manga. Because of transparent PokéBalls, and story. Anime is good, but Ash kind of made it childish (only in English dub).

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Spe & Pokemon DPA are also aimed toward Kids as well .
    There is only 2 Pokemon Manga which aimed toward Teenager . (Pokemon Rebust & Magical Journey Pokemon)
    Just because Pokemon Spe & Pokemon DPA are little action pacted , That doesn't mean that they aim toward older fan.
    Honestly , Pokemon Spe & Pokemon DPA are more like Digimon , Inazuma Eleven , Beyblade, Bakugun & Yugioh ! Which are also Kids Anime .
    At first ,
    I didn't like the Manga because I thought they were focus on fighting bad guy while the Anime is focus on Ash's goal & Development.
    But After ''Worst Wishs'' , I change my mind.
    Even if Manga focus on ''Fighting Bad Guy '' , The Protagonist get to reach their goal and has a proper LASTING Development.
    While The Anime seem like focus on Ash's Goal & Development but Ash always remain undeveloped and NEVER reach his Goal .
    The Anime writer proudly say that they are doing this for Kids .
    But it seem like they writing for Baby & Girls .
    By the Way , Baby & Kids are Different .

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    The anime at least tries to treat each Pokemon as a living character, whereas Special tends to treat them all as dumb beasts and marginalize them in favour of human-centered drama. Therefore, anime > Special.

And before someone says something about the anime's "endless filler' or Ash never accomplishing something, consider that Special introduces endless droves of new protagonists and them boots them out of the spotlight whenever the new games come around whether they're accomplished anything or not. It's really not any better.

Can't really say anything about the other manga series, though.
    Wrong !
    In the Manga , Pokemon are treated like a partner who working side by side their trainer.
    Compare to that , That anime treat them like ether a tool Or a cute Comic relief.
    When I see the Anime , It feel like Ash & His Pokemon are living in 2 separate universe.
    There practically isn't much chemistry between Ash & his Pokemon.
    Compare to that , Manga has much better Chemistry between Trainer & their Pokemon then the anime has .
    To be honest , Pokemon in Manga are much more living then Pokemon in Anime .
    Its the Anime that treat Pokemon like a dumb childish creature .
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 12th January 2013 at 08:57 AM.

I agree that in more recent arcs, PokeSpe hasn't focused on the trainer/Pokemon relationship. (I'm looking at you RS arc) In the BW arc, however, with Team Plasma, it's being brought back more.

Now to say what I think about Anime vs. PokeSpe:
    I've been reading Special since the first edition. It was the first non-game Pokemon media I was introduced to. I've been a fan of it almost as long as I've been a Pokemon fan. It's really shaped what I think of the Pokemon universe. That being said, I really don't like the anime too much at all. It just gets stale and repetitive. Up until DP, the voice acting is mostly bad. I will say, however, that the filler isn't all that bad. Sure there are some bad ones, but most of the time they're fun. I also like the AG contests too. AG probably had the best episodes. Overall, though, I really don't like the anime. It's probably that it's not the kind of entertainment I like.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast