Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything) - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 142 of 142

Thread: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

  1. #136
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,199
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    [
    Just because You didn't like reading as a Kid , Don't think All other Kids In US , Japan and all other country are like you .
    There are a lot of Kids Who are interested in Reading .
    Expect , They doesn't like Reading without Pic .
    I'm not telling it from only mine experience of Childhood , I saying it from watching All my childhood friend and Current Kids & Mine experience .
    And I verify My theory with enough Kids to be right
    Don't tell me that Kids in Mine Country like to read But Kids in US & Japan Doesn't .
    If Kids in Bangladesh were that developed then Our Country would have been one of the richest Country in the World .
    I didnt say i Hated reading, just that watching tv was my personal preference. growing up, i would make an effort to go and watch pokemon each saturday morining even if it was at 7am. I doubt many kids would get up on an early saturday morning to read Pokemon adventures. the anime is more goofy and zany, and many people do watch tv to be entertained especially younger kids who may read a book for 10 minuets and then put it away and not touch it for a couple weeks while a show they would look forward to. When i was younger, Pokemon was shown on tv after school at 4 PM. i was always excited when ut because pokemon would be on TV. Also the immersion factor when watching Tv when you are younger does help contain the focus of a child better than reading a book because moving pictures, sounds, music and creative imaginary gateways the anime has.

    I watched some of them and those cartoon has content that isn't suitable for Kids !
    And I'm a long time audience of Pokemon and even I won't let my Children Watch Pokemon if it still has Ash as a Protagonist , I rather buy them Pokemon manga & game instate !
    Pokemon did have some unfriendly content for children but a lot was either changed or cut entirely in the anime. the american cartoons had some of those innuendos that were hidden very subtle and that were worded or described so only older viewers could completely get while the Japanese dub had them hidden not so subtly. the mangas have had more of the mature content because they are geared to older viewers. Pocket Monsters the manga is not suited to six year olds. there is a VERY GOOD REASON why they havent released it in the USA.

    i feel that both the anime and manga each have their own perks and downsides but one doesnt trump the other because i do strongly feel that the ANime is geared to the younger audience members while the manga is for the members who have had more of a past exposure to pokemon and have a good general idea on how the mechanics of the franchise works

  2. #137
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    [
    Just because You didn't like reading as a Kid , Don't think All other Kids In US , Japan and all other country are like you .
    There are a lot of Kids Who are interested in Reading .
    Expect , They doesn't like Reading without Pic .
    I'm not telling it from only mine experience of Childhood , I saying it from watching All my childhood friend and Current Kids & Mine experience .
    And I verify My theory with enough Kids to be right
    Don't tell me that Kids in Mine Country like to read But Kids in US & Japan Doesn't .
    If Kids in Bangladesh were that developed then Our Country would have been one of the richest Country in the World .
    I didnt say i Hated reading, just that watching tv was my personal preference. growing up, i would make an effort to go and watch pokemon each saturday morining even if it was at 7am. I doubt many kids would get up on an early saturday morning to read Pokemon adventures. the anime is more goofy and zany, and many people do watch tv to be entertained especially younger kids who may read a book for 10 minuets and then put it away and not touch it for a couple weeks while a show they would look forward to. When i was younger, Pokemon was shown on tv after school at 4 PM. i was always excited when ut because pokemon would be on TV. Also the immersion factor when watching Tv when you are younger does help contain the focus of a child better than reading a book because moving pictures, sounds, music and creative imaginary gateways the anime has.
    Why on earth a Kids has to get up on 7PM on the Morning just to read a Manga ??
    Do You even hear Yourself ?
    Manga can be read anywhere anytime .
    And You still comparing everyone to yourself .
    Just Because You didn't read a Manga or Comic for more then Minute , It doesn't mean everyone is the same .
    There are many Kids who read a Comic/Manga Over & Over !
    If You remember exciting about a new episode of Pokemon , Then I remember being excited about a new Volume of Manga .
    So , Quit Believing Everyone is like You !
    I watched some of them and those cartoon has content that isn't suitable for Kids !
    And I'm a long time audience of Pokemon and even I won't let my Children Watch Pokemon if it still has Ash as a Protagonist , I rather buy them Pokemon manga & game instate !
    Pokemon did have some unfriendly content for children but a lot was either changed or cut entirely in the anime. the american cartoons had some of those innuendos that were hidden very subtle and that were worded or described so only older viewers could completely get while the Japanese dub had them hidden not so subtly. the mangas have had more of the mature content because they are geared to older viewers. Pocket Monsters the manga is not suited to six year olds. there is a VERY GOOD REASON why they havent released it in the USA.

    i feel that both the anime and manga each have their own perks and downsides but one doesnt trump the other because i do strongly feel that the ANime is geared to the younger audience members while the manga is for the members who have had more of a past exposure to pokemon and have a good general idea on how the mechanics of the franchise works
    first of All , Pokemon Anime never meant for only 6 year old .
    Pokemon is Anime based on a E-rated Game and If You ever consider the Storyplot/Purpose of this Show that You would realize Pokemon were meant for Kids around 10 to 12 year old .
    However , Some Idiot believe Pokemon meant for only 6 year old girls because it has Cute Little Animal .
    Well , If You see the Difference between Doaremon & Pokemon rating then its understandable that the 6 year old already rejected Pokemon who desperately trying to impress them .
    Because Pokemon never meant for Them !
    Suppose , One Piece Arthur decide to target Kids and remove all Mature content and Violence from the series .
    Do You think One Piece still be Popular .
    No , Instate it will lose its remaining Audience !
    Because One Piece never meant for them , One Piece meant for Teenager.
    Takeshi Shudo knew this very well and thats why he add a lot of Mature content in the Show but His Successor is a Complete idiot Who believe Pokemon should aim at 6 year old because it has cute little Animal !
    Kusaka knew this well and that why he too add Mature content in the Pokespe .
    And Those American Cartoon has fair share of Mature content like that ''Courage the Cowardly Dog'' .
    I also remember , In one episode of Adventure Time , Fin told Jack to have ''Intercourse'' with his girlfriend in the closet .
    So , Don't try justifying Pokemon Anime's idiosy by saying Manga is too Mature .
    Because The Manga aim toward the Audience it meant too !

  3. #138
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,199
    Blog Entries
    25

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    [QUOTE=Hurricane Kishore;4796342]

    Why on earth a Kids has to get up on 7PM on the Morning just to read a Manga ??
    Do You even hear Yourself ?
    Manga can be read anywhere anytime .
    And You still comparing everyone to yourself .
    Just Because You didn't read a Manga or Comic for more then Minute , It doesn't mean everyone is the same .
    There are many Kids who read a Comic/Manga Over & Over !
    If You remember exciting about a new episode of Pokemon , Then I remember being excited about a new Volume of Manga .
    So , Quit Believing Everyone is like You !
    [QUOTE]
    i am just going off the experinces of me and my friends when we were growing up for my data. yes the orignal target audiences may have been for 10 yearolds but when pokemon first came to america, it was in 1998 when the USA was in a good economic point while Japan was still in a recession. While parents in the uSA had boatlods of cash to buy thier kids pokemon merchandice, the target audience did switch to a younger demographic because it was the most PROFITABLE demogrpahic at the time. in 1999 MSNBC did a special on "Pokemania". the reality is that a shows sustainability is within merchandicing.

    first of All , Pokemon Anime never meant for only 6 year old .
    Pokemon is Anime based on a E-rated Game and If You ever consider the Storyplot/Purpose of this Show that You would realize Pokemon were meant for Kids around 10 to 12 year old .
    However , Some Idiot believe Pokemon meant for only 6 year old girls because it has Cute Little Animal .
    Well , If You see the Difference between Doaremon & Pokemon rating then its understandable that the 6 year old already rejected Pokemon who desperately trying to impress them .
    Because Pokemon never meant for Them !
    Suppose , One Piece Arthur decide to target Kids and remove all Mature content and Violence from the series .
    Do You think One Piece still be Popular .
    No , Instate it will lose its remaining Audience !
    Because One Piece never meant for them , One Piece meant for Teenager.
    Takeshi Shudo knew this very well and thats why he add a lot of Mature content in the Show but His Successor is a Complete idiot Who believe Pokemon should aim at 6 year old because it has cute little Animal !
    Kusaka knew this well and that why he too add Mature content in the Pokespe .
    And Those American Cartoon has fair share of Mature content like that ''Courage the Cowardly Dog'' .
    I also remember , In one episode of Adventure Time , Fin told Jack to have ''Intercourse'' with his girlfriend in the closet .
    So , Don't try justifying Pokemon Anime's idiosy by saying Manga is too Mature .
    Because The Manga aim toward the Audience it meant too !
    like i said its all about Profit. the manga does better with the older audiences because of the content. shpows like adventure time have mature content that isnt so subtle which makes it less amusing to parents of younger kids but more funny to older. teens. if pokemon added more obivous mature content like adventure time, it would bring back some older viewers and make a lot of parents stop letting their young kids watch pokemon and buying pokemon merchandice effectivly cutting the flow of cash.

  4. #139

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    [
    Just because You didn't like reading as a Kid , Don't think All other Kids In US , Japan and all other country are like you .
    There are a lot of Kids Who are interested in Reading .
    Expect , They doesn't like Reading without Pic .
    I'm not telling it from only mine experience of Childhood , I saying it from watching All my childhood friend and Current Kids & Mine experience .
    And I verify My theory with enough Kids to be right
    Don't tell me that Kids in Mine Country like to read But Kids in US & Japan Doesn't .
    If Kids in Bangladesh were that developed then Our Country would have been one of the richest Country in the World .
    I didnt say i Hated reading, just that watching tv was my personal preference. growing up, i would make an effort to go and watch pokemon each saturday morining even if it was at 7am. I doubt many kids would get up on an early saturday morning to read Pokemon adventures. the anime is more goofy and zany, and many people do watch tv to be entertained especially younger kids who may read a book for 10 minuets and then put it away and not touch it for a couple weeks while a show they would look forward to. When i was younger, Pokemon was shown on tv after school at 4 PM. i was always excited when ut because pokemon would be on TV. Also the immersion factor when watching Tv when you are younger does help contain the focus of a child better than reading a book because moving pictures, sounds, music and creative imaginary gateways the anime has.
    Why on earth a Kids has to get up on 7PM on the Morning just to read a Manga ??
    Do You even hear Yourself ?
    Manga can be read anywhere anytime .
    And You still comparing everyone to yourself .
    Just Because You didn't read a Manga or Comic for more then Minute , It doesn't mean everyone is the same .
    There are many Kids who read a Comic/Manga Over & Over !
    If You remember exciting about a new episode of Pokemon , Then I remember being excited about a new Volume of Manga .
    So , Quit Believing Everyone is like You !
    This is a discussion forum, everyone (you and I included) speaks of their own opinion and from their personal experience. You can't expect an American to know how it's like to grow up in Japan. As a child, I happen to love reading novels/comics, watching anime on television and playing Pokemon on Gameboy ha. Everyone's choice of entertainment can be different and where they come from DOES matter because this affects whether or not these children have access to it.

    Manga can be read anywhere anytime .
    I disagree.
    I am also from Asia and I am Chinese who is fluent in Japanese as well. From the stories that my Japanese classmates tell me, our lifestyles are significantly different, manga and anime are both equally popular in Japan, this is not the case for other places. Before the internet was easily available for everyone of ALL AGES, normal television IS where a lot of kids get entertainment from. Even myself, Pokemon anime was aired on Saturday nights and Digimon on Sunday mornings. I would make sure I watch both, it was FREE. CDs were also sold everywhere, 3 episodes a disc. Comics are sold more differently, the cheaper comics were usually locally translated depending on where you're from; exp: if you are from Italy, you get Italian version of PokeSpe in the bookshops. That said, Pokemon Special is not a popular title to be translated by local publishers; what they do translate are things such as Doraemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
    Also, internet was expensive before year 2002. It wasn't a wireless connection, it was using phone lines and paid along with phone bills. Back then our generation was of a single digit age (7,8,9) and didn't know that you could read manga on the internet.

    Secondly, parents might not want to buy comics for their children. Not everyone's parents think COMIC is a healthy form of entertainment because of the dark period in Western comic industry and Marvel/DC was geared to adults. Unless you're living in Japan who trusts their mangakas, other countries don't. I'm not saying that comic is bad, I absolutely love comics and I'm an illustrator, I'm saying that not everyone sees value or good in it unfortunately.

    If A Children liking & disliking depended on their parent then every one of us would have been a Carbon copy of our parent !
    It DOES matter, of course we don't ever want to be carbon copies of our parents. But some parents will want to share their favourite things with their children in an effort to bond with them! My father was the one who introduced me to games, PlayStation and Tekken. He was the one who bought me my Pokemon CDs and Gameboy. Without parents, how the hell are children going to get to read/buy manga or watch TV. The thing is that, it is COMMON (there are exceptions to those who are really poor) to have a TELEVISION in a household. So a lot of children grew up with the anime, like it or not.

    Manga/comic culture is common/respected in Japan than any other country in the world. Manga is cheaper there than DVD, this is the opposite for MANY OTHER COUNTRIES. If other children outside of Japan were given the opportunity to read Pokemon Special when they were 6, they would! However, not everyone is fortunate or wealthy enough to buy books, has it ever occurred to you that books/comics may be expensive for other children?
    In my case, I found Pokemon Special in one of those Mandarin translated comic anthologies (it translates two chapters from various manga series at a time) that were released monthly and affordable. When I first read, it was GSC arc and I immediately fell in love.
    But I have never seen a proper tankobon (compiled chapters/comic book) format of Pokemon Special until we had Kinokuniya.

    I think Pokemon Adventures holds very good moral values and story for kids. It would do good for them to learn from this at a young age. The reason why Pokemon anime is popular is because they have English dub. America is good at distribution, the capital of media; hence why Disney is everywhere. Pokemon Special is a comic so it is not granted as much spotlight as it should. In my opinion, Pokemon anime USED TO BE GOOD now it's just "please buy our new merchandise" promotion. I can see how passionate you are at insisting the manga is better but offending people is really not the way to get your point across.
    Last edited by rin; 28th June 2013 at 12:45 PM.

  5. #140

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    Someone mentioned forced pairings. I don't see how the Ruby/Sapphire pairing feels forced at all. Falling in love with someone after getting to know their good sides, and then finding out they're the same childhood friend that saved you from a friggin' dragon and got their forehead split open in the process; being the biggest motivating factor in your pursuit of becoming a stronger person/trainer? How does that *not* justify Sapphire liking Ruby?
    Yeah, what do they expect? This: http://24.media.tumblr.com/777fb5f3d7432d7ee1290e097ed181f6/tumblr_mp6goseYNo1r45vupo2_400.png

  6. #141
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    Good News !

    New BW2 Special Chapter Aired with Rakutsu (Nate ) & Faitsu (Rosa) as the Main Protagonist !
    Faitsu (Rosa) is former Team Plasma member & Might have a Crush on N !
    But , What Even More Surprising is that -
    -Rakutsu is a Member of International Police and Looker's Boss !
    Surprising , Huh !
    Just hearing this , Make me wanna buy and Read the Whole Chapter !
    Rakutsu also work on Television with Pancy and He seem to be popular with girl .
    He often smiling and acting like a Kind Gentle Boy like Ash but he has more serious , Mature & Calm Personality Underneath !
    So My question-

    -Can Writer make Ash look this Badass as Rakutsu now in XY Anime ?

    This along prove Manga>Anime !
    Ya , Some Anime-fan will try to tell me that Ash doesn't need to look Badass Or Any other ''Real Life '' Theory !
    My Answer , Keep ''Real Life'' Theory in Real Life .
    Pokemon is an Anime !
    And Its not a Random Gag Anime ! Its Sport Adventure Kid Anime with Continuity that is about A Boy traveling fulfill his Goal . Not doing Charity for Other .
    Therefore , In this type of Anime , The Protagonist development matter more then any other thing in this Anime and this type of Anime will fail if People doesn't accept the Protagonist Or If the Progonist role doesn't fit the Series !
    So , Ash need to Badass Or XY Series will be a FAILURE !
    Why do all of you think ''Accel World'' failed despite having a cool story .
    Because Most People didn't accept the Protagonist .
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 1st July 2013 at 09:18 AM.

  7. #142
    BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,281
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default Re: Pokemon Anime vs. Manga (PokeSpe, DPA, anything)

    This thread has done nothing but devolve into a Pokemon Adventures vs the anime debate while other manga are being completely ignored. This is tiresome, and I'm closing this thread.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •