Pokémon Smash! Discussion

Thread: Pokémon Smash! Discussion

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Default Pokémon Smash! Discussion

I made this thread to talk about the live-action Pokemon Talk Show, Pokemon Smash!. Which covers important Pokemon news like, Games, Cards, and the TV Show. As well as has contest, goes and has battles with normal Pokemon fans, and does all type of games and events. They even air reruns of Pokemon episodes from the past, so a lot of people recognize the older character. I think it would be fun to discuss this.

Default Re: Pokémon Smash! Discussion

All I can say is good luck, I guess.
    Note the total lack of responses to this thread and the complete lack of care given to anything not related to new BW info in this thread and HGSS info in this thread to the point where you even got tons of posts whining about why they were wasting so much time showing non-BW/HGSS news while the episode was still running, because hey, what else could anyone possibly be watching this show for?
    So.

Blog Entries

Sorry about the Double-Post I don't wanna put my opinion of last week's episode inside the first post.

Last Week's Pokemon Smash! was about Rivals and stuff so they decided to re-air a rival episode from Battle Frontier which I never got to see I'm lucky I guess ^_^

"A Rival Confrontation! I Get a Windie!"

It sounded cool for Haruka to get a Windie too bad it didn't happen. Wakasyamo was too slow it was sad how it was sulking over it's speed. Zenigame wasn't focused enough and fell asleep and was sent back into it's ball with Roar. When Haruka finally caught a break with Gonbe's Waggle Finger turning into God Speed to catch Windie what happens?! Gonbe TAKES IT UPON ITSELF TO HAVE SOME FRUIT!!! She could have got Windie if her Pokemon were a little more competent. It was smart to keep Zenigame out at all times just encase since it has a type advantage. Just when Haruka had Windie corned with Zenigame. That damn Shuu had to show up with his damn Flygon and let Windie get away! What the hell is up with Shuu's obsession with flipping his hair?! I mean damn talk about Whipping your hair back and forth! Zenigame's battle against Flygon was pretty cool. I didn't expect for Zenigame to win. Since Flygon can fly and is obviously stronger then Zenigame. Bubble and Tackle are pretty weak moves. It was pretty cruel of Shuu to attack Zenigame with Steel Wing and make it cry. It was too bad Windie was a mom and they didn't wanna make her leave her kids. It was pretty cool Haruka stopped Takeshi and Satoshi from saving Windie so her and Shuu could save Windie together and the Battle Frontier Opening playing while they saved Windie. It was cool too to see Zenigame get stronger and deflect Missile Needle with Bubble. Shuu's Flygon is defiantly strong that's for sure! It was also cool that Flygon protected Zenigame from Sand Storm. And that combo of Zenigame's Flying Tackle and Flygon's Steel Wing and that Flame Ejection and Water Gun mix. I'm glad that Zenigame got some training seeing as it might be used in the upcoming Yamabuki Contest. It's eps like this that make me think Haruka is a female Satoshi.

Pokémon Smash 27/03/2011

I love the crazy shit they do on Pokemon Smash!, it's funny and too cool. I wish America had one of these. I'm glad they go to places and talk to actual Pokemon fans ya know? It's pretty cool. Lol at more totaling up to Black then White. This shows good for practicing my Hiragana and Katakana it also teaches me a thing or too about Japanese Culture. Those Victinish Hats and "find the difference" games look too fun. My favorite part the battling part! A Pokemon Smash member is battling a kid. The only difference so far in there teams is one has Yanappu's evolution and the other a cotton Pokemon. Those Pokemon Smash! members certainly don't hold back! ^_^' Nice strategies and moves and trained Pokemon! I'm surprised they aren't holding back since I'm pretty sure if Pokemon Smash! was in America he would go easy on the kid. ThunderWave Leech Seed Combo with a powerful move mixed in there! The kids down to his last Pokemon! Ononokus! The Staff member just switched the cotton Pokemon with Daikenki! Thunder Wave and a One Hit KO from Draco Meteor! Winning the Smash! member the match! I was expecting for the staff to at least go a bit easy on the kid and not obliterate all his Pokemon! But wow! Those staff members know how to battle that's for sure! I'd like to battle one of them for sure! Beating a Dragon TYPE in ONE HIT?! Haha! That Dento looking dressed Sommelierish Girl of Pokemon Smash! is too cool! I like her outfit it matches Dento's alot. It's cool she showed us how to get the Ice Dragonish looking Legendary Pokemon. Next ep it looks like they'll be talking about the Unown. Along with Pokemon Bento Boxes! And Haruka meeting Satoshi! Along with another cool Poke-Fan Battle! Awesome! I'm looking forward to it!

All I can say is good luck, I guess.
    Note the total lack of responses to this thread and the complete lack of care given to anything not related to new BW info in this thread and HGSS info in this thread to the point where you even got tons of posts whining about why they were wasting so much time showing non-BW/HGSS news while the episode was still running, because hey, what could anyone possibly be watching this show for?
    XD Well I watch it for the fun antics mostly I thought people might wanna discuss it :P Let's give the thread some time it might gain some popularity.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 3rd April 2011 at 02:45 AM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know why they're showing some random old AG episode about May and Drew. Who honestly knows who those characters are anymore?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Ok, why was this moved here? This may not be the anime, but one of it's focus is the anime and thus, shouldn't be here. And besides, television is still television.

I request it be moved to the proper location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't know why they're showing some random old AG episode about May and Drew. Who honestly knows who those characters are anymore?
    We know about them.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Most kids today were very likely too young when AG was originally airing and never saw it.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Eitaroo View Post
    Ok, why was this moved here? This may not be the anime, but one of it's focus is the anime and thus, shouldn't be here. And besides, television is still television.

I request it be moved to the proper location.
    This program falls under "Other Media", the move stays.

1. Kids Station constantly airs original series + AG series again and again all the time in Japan
    2. Pokémon Smash (and before Pokémon Sunday, and before Pokémon Housou) airs random old eps every week, as you can see...
    3. I think there was another channel that aired DP eps regularly after they've already aired in TV Tokyo (like, the week TV Tokyo aired DP100, they aired DP50, something like that)
    4. The internet... kids know how to use it...
    5. DVDs - while Japan apparently doesn't have much you can buy, they do provide most of eps on rental DVDs
    6. Starting from May, Disney XD in Japan will start to reair the whole DP series
    7. I remember Dogasu said the Wii offered watching of early Johto eps for some time, so that's something too...

So... yeah... older episodes aren't forgotten in Japan... they're clearly available for watching (maybe not for -everyone- but they're surely there and kids do watch them)
    I wonder why you have to repeat the same ridiculous post I quoted after I explained all of this to you again and again... I guess it's nice for you to imagine things are how you want them to be, but you'll have to accept that's far from the truth

Anyway, I do think this thread should be in the anime forum... it IS a TV show, even if not anime, and it does often discuss anime stuff and HALF OF THE SHOW is an old anime episode...
    While it's not 100% anime I still can't see a reason for this to be coupled together with a threads about manga which is pretty much the only thing discussed here... I think one sticky thread in the anime forum is the most logical thing to do... but whatever

Most kids today were very likely too young when AG was originally airing and never saw it.
    ...which is why they're reairing them, so the kids can watch these episodes and learn to know these old characters.

They air a new, rather randomly selected though generally important, episode every week, picking and choosing from all over the series. Check our episode guide here for a list of what they've aired so far. Been mostly Kanto and AG so far.
    Last edited by Adamant; 4th April 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    So.

Blog Entries

DP episodes rerun on Disney XD. Also I remember them airing on another channel.
    Kids Station airs old Hoenn and Johto and Kanto episodes.
    Wii Downloads are available.
    DVD's are released regularly.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 9th June 2011 at 01:14 AM.

Blog Entries

This Should Be In The Anime Fourm because it's anime and short non anime bits
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here