Pokémon Official Magazine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Official Magazine

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Official Magazine

...but not the like, 2003 UK one?

Looks like they're trying out a new "Pokémon Official Magazine" in the US and Canada... I found a "Special Edition Premiere Issue" at my fav comic book shop today. It's mostly TCG-based but there were like 2 pages about HGSS.

Anyone else find this thing?! It looks cool, I hope they keep making it...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Official Magazine

Scans? I searched, and it does exist. It features Arceus, right? (If so, then this is a month old by now)
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Hmm.. I spend a good deal of time in book stores and I haven't seen this at all. I searched too and in addition to the old UK one, I found the Arceus edition you were talking about. Might be worth checking out if I can find it, even if it is almost all TCG.

Haven't seen it yet.

If it's about the TCG though, I'm all over it.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    Scans? I searched, and it does exist. It features Arceus, right? (If so, then this is a month old by now)
    Yeah, that's the one, I'll scan a little bit later to show everyone. It's not really dated so I couldn't tell exactly how old it is... but I've only just found it now.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I'd be interested in seeing a copy also. I expect it's aimed at newbies and young kids, but I'm hoping it's got something for experienced fans too.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing a copy also. I expect it's aimed at newbies and young kids, but I'm hoping it's got something for experienced fans too.
    It does seem more geared towards the kids, but I still thought it was an interesting read. Hopefully if the mag sticks around they'll add some more interesting stuff for older fans... it is definitely TCG-centric, though, no matter how you look at it.

Cover:

Table of Contents:

The HGSS sneak preview is really short, kind of boring and probably meant for people who don't use the internet... it's pretty much the first set of screenshots we saw but translated into English. x_X (Kotone's name hasn't been given btw)

There was also a neat "Pokemon Games Through the Years" section reminiscent of a Nintendo Power article or something. Nothing we've never seen before, but I always like reading these.

Then there's a LOT... a loooooooot of TCG stuff. Some stuff about last year's Championship winners, stuff about the Arceus theme decks, space-squandering "card galleries" (think Beckett), etc.

Oh, and a quiz based on Arceus and the Jewel of Life got thrown in there.

If anyone has any more questions or wants to see scans of a specific section let me know ^^

Free booster pack? Wtf. Win.

Thanks for the scan Zesty. I think I'll pick it up just to check it out and support it.

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

. . . it's been a long while since I've seen a good-looking Pokemon magazine like this! (Nah, Beckett's doesn't count . . .)

Much thanks for the scans there. It looks really nice. I just hope I could find myself a copy of this . . . I'm not that much into the TCG, but I still would like this.

Ne, Zesty, could I request a scan of the "VG through the Years" section? I'm curious about it . . . although if I find it, I'll probably buy it anyway. The swag sounds worth the price (free poster, free Arceus booster . . . sweet) Thanks in advance~!

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Wow, this magazine looks really cool! I'd like to get it but... yeah, I won't find it in Israel XD too bad... it even comes with a TCG booster pack!
    If you can scan more pages, it'd be nice... I'd buy it if I could

Hopefully it will be better than Beckett...paying 30 dollars to get your artwork in a magazine is f*&$ing bogus.

追放されたバカ

i saw it to at blockbuster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juuchan17 View Post
    . . . it's been a long while since I've seen a good-looking Pokemon magazine like this! (Nah, Beckett's doesn't count . . .)

Much thanks for the scans there. It looks really nice. I just hope I could find myself a copy of this . . . I'm not that much into the TCG, but I still would like this.

Ne, Zesty, could I request a scan of the "VG through the Years" section? I'm curious about it . . . although if I find it, I'll probably buy it anyway. The swag sounds worth the price (free poster, free Arceus booster . . . sweet) Thanks in advance~!
    LOL BECKETT. Beckett is such a joke... the comic book shop owner who sold me the mag was like "YO TAKE SOME BECKETTS FOR FREE WITH THAT!!" XD

P.S. No problem, I'll scan that tonight :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuujutsuka View Post
    Hopefully it will be better than Beckett...paying 30 dollars to get your artwork in a magazine is f*&$ing bogus.
    @#$%ing ridiculous. They also didn't publish my picture of my Pokemon collection, screw them! D:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juuchan17 View Post
    Here we go. Sorry to keep you waiting! ^^' if anyone else wants to see any other sections let me know!

Page One:

Page Two:

I was disappointed that they ignored Emerald, but they kinda ran out of room, I guess. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    Here we go. Sorry to keep you waiting! ^^' if anyone else wants to see any other sections let me know!

I was disappointed that they ignored Emerald, but they kinda ran out of room, I guess. :P
    Wow, you're right! I'm surprised they left all of the third games out....they were just as important as their base versions, if not more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast