Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    How? Sure there are fanboys but a good amount of them are nice, smart guys. I'm friends with some of them and they're great.

I'm really shocked at how many haters Special has. Sure it's not the best but to me, it has more depth than the Anime ever would (that's your cue to disagree, haters) and these guys at least show their reason for it.
    I don't think Special has haters. Moreso, the PokeSpe FANDOM has haters.

I'd say I'm one of them. But I do know there are actually sane, likeable fans of the series.
    matt0044 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post

I'd say I'm one of them. But I do know there are actually sane, likeable fans of the series.
    Hating a series is one thing but hating people you don't know is another.
    Saiga likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I like Pokemon Adventures cuz it relates to the games quite well. In fact, I would be more than glad if it were ever to be adpated into an anime.

Plus, the main characters all have their own unique personalities and development, and they're not stupid like Ash. Many of the gym leaders and elite4 also have more important jobs than just staying where they are before the player character reaches them.

I think it's a great series, but I wish they hurry up and release the manga in takbons (comic books). I heard the HGSS arc is already finished, and they're currently running BW. But did DP and Pt finish their arc? I think DP is done, but what about Pt...? Did Platina already get through the Battle Frontier?

Blog Entries
    Follow RaccoonGoon On Twitter
    Visit RaccoonGoon's Youtube Channel

I honestly enjoy it. It can be a tad cheesey and fast paced, but you almost have to be with Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    I think it's a great series, but I wish they hurry up and release the manga in takbons (comic books). I heard the HGSS arc is already finished, and they're currently running BW. But did DP and Pt finish their arc? I think DP is done, but what about Pt...? Did Platina already get through the Battle Frontier?
    That's one reason I haven't bothered to fully finish it. Atleast in America the releasing pace is horrible, and I don't have $200+ to import the entire CY publication of the series. DX

I think DP did end it's arc. I heard some pages had been cut from the magazine releases for Pt and HGSS making them end faster.

Hating a series is one thing but hating people you don't know is another.
    No one told them to act so ignorant and annoying.

Blog Entries

No one told them to act so ignorant and annoying.
    So are you saying EVERYONE who likes PokeSpe are stupid fanboys who are "ignorant and annoying?" Because I must be one of them, right?

I was talking about the ones who aren't. The ones who have good reasons for liking the series.

So are you saying EVERYONE who likes PokeSpe are stupid fanboys who are "ignorant and annoying?" Because I must be one of them, right?

I was talking about the ones who aren't. The ones who have good reasons for liking the series.
    What? I don't know where you're getting that from.

No one is attacking you or saying your not a respectable fan of the series. And I said the following...

for a reason.

Just that the general fandom, mostly those found in fan work driven sites like DA and FF.net are pretty horrible because they can't accept the series has flaws and think it's the best thing in the world.

Blog Entries

What? I don't know where you're getting that from.

No one is attacking you or saying your not a respectable fan of the series. And I said the following...

for a reason.

Just that the general fandom, mostly those found in fan work driven sites like DA and FF.net are pretty horrible because they can't accept the series has flaws and think it's the best thing in the world.
    Sorry about that. I just didn't like it when you said "ignorant and annoying" and I wasn't clear on what exactly you were talking about. I hadn't encounter a lot of these kinds of PokeSpe fans and I'm a frequent visitor of DA and FF.net (weird). On Serebii, most of the fans there acknowledge that the series in general isn't perfect and can accept the fact that not everyone will like it. So yeah, sorry about that once again and I understand your feelings better.

Still, while PokeSpe isn't the "best thing ever," I heavily disagree with those who strongly claim that it's the "worst thing ever," especially as if they were a fact.

I have been reading Pokémon Special since the beginning.

I love it, of course, and I believe it to be vastly superior to the anime.

If you are going to start reading it, then I would recommend hunting down the translations from Chuang Yi and not Viz, who absolutely butcher the series in order make it more palatable for American helicopter parents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [Akira] View Post
    If you are going to start reading it, then I would recommend hunting down the translations from Chuang Yi and not Viz, who absolutely butcher the series in order make it more palatable for American helicopter parents.
    Um, Viz translates the series very well and there are only two or three major instances of visual censorship. It's not perfect but it's not at all awful as the flaws are ignorable. Plus, there are a lot of violent stuff that get past the radar.

Besides, imagine if the censorship was just like with 4kids. At least Viz stays true to the story and alludes to death. Trust me, it's not bad and you can buy the new version for under ten dollars in the US.

Um, Viz translates the series very well and there are only two or three major instances of visual censorship. It's not perfect but it's not at all awful as the flaws are ignorable. Plus, there are a lot of violent stuff that get past the radar.

Besides, imagine if the censorship was just like with 4kids. At least Viz stays true to the story and alludes to death. Trust me, it's not bad and you can buy the new version for under ten dollars in the US.
    Heh, don't even get me started on 4Kids. ^_-

I suppose I am biased. I'm just a fanatical purist when it comes to my media, and I abhor censorship of any kind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [Akira] View Post
    I suppose I am biased. I'm just a fanatical purist when it comes to my media, and I abhor censorship of any kind.
    Just saying that Viz's version actually isn't bad since the story comes through intact with no changes and the censorship is very ignorable at best. Plus, they're easily to find and buy.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Guys, lay off the fandom and stick to the manga itself. If you have nothing but disrespectful and offensive comments directed toward the fandom then just don't say anything at all.

Blog Entries

I like it, it's basically the opposite of what the anime is. And in the best way possible. A story that makes sense, more then one main character, and characters that actually age. And yes, it does has its flaws, but their aren't glaring like in the anime.
    matt0044 likes this.

Everything is possible Sapphire Tsubame's Avatar

I like it; it's different to the anime, but that's just it's own charm. I look at them as two different stories, really, and I like both

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast