SPECIAL: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnbreeze~49 View Post
    Yeah, I guess that's true at least they all aren't typical hot-blooded heroes :)
    Black sorta is but those traits are accompanied by his detective skills thanks to his Munna and studious nature making him smarter than the average Shonen hero. So he's alright to me.

I doubt that. Autumnbreeze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Black sorta is but those traits are accompanied by his detective skills thanks to his Munna and studious nature making him smarter than the average Shonen hero. So he's alright to me.
    Yeah he's like a Badass Bookworm (Oh this is on TvTropes :P)

"You really are a horrible father."
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, guess I can agree with that as well. I mean, Red basically began whining like a bitch over Oak taking back his Pokedex and claimed he wasn't worth owning a Pokedex anymore. (Although his defeat against Deoxys was what set that off.)

One thing I liked about the dex holders was that they all received starter Pokemon from their regional professors and others rarely had starters on their teams (sans those in the Battle Frontier). They're not catchable in the original games, so being near-exclusive to them makes more sense. Although you can only obtain one Eevee in either the RGBY or GSC games, and tons of people have that... (Although you could breed for one in the latter three.)

I'm still down with White getting that Servine, though. That Tepig would've taken 4 eons to evolve the way she was messing with it, and it was kinda weird with two main characters having the same Pokemon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    Yeah, guess I can agree with that as well. I mean, Red basically began whining like a bitch over Oak taking back his Pokedex and claimed he wasn't worth owning a Pokedex anymore. (Although his defeat against Deoxys was what set that off.)
    Was that in a later arc? I haven't seen that yet.

I'm still down with White getting that Servine, though. That Tepig would've taken 4 eons to evolve the way she was messing with it, and it was kinda weird with two main characters having the same Pokemon.
    Maybe Gigi will evolve with N.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Was that in a later arc? I haven't seen that yet.
    FR/LG arc, bro. The emo rage starts at volume 24, to be exact.

Maybe Gigi will evolve with N.
    Or maybe it was the Zorua all along, and we were deceived by it all this time? :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Or maybe it was the Zorua all along, and we were deceived by it all this time? :P
    We don't know for now.

I think PokeSpe gets so hyped because the Anime is lacking so much in comparison. I don't blame those who do so. PokeSpe succeeds at what the Anime frequently fails at: developing characters, (fairly) good storytelling, no ageless characters and more. On its own, Pokemon Adventures/Special is a good, unique adaptation of the games but does have slips ups here and there (that can usually be easily corrected if Kusaka thought things through much better).

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I suppose, but I still think a show as repetitive and sickeningly boring to watch as Pokemon getting 3.1 million kids viewing every episode not getting nearly as much backlash as the comic that doesn't even outsell the tota gross of something like Mushishi (though Special was listed among the highest selling comics of the week or month back when 22 came out), something's wrong. Most decent anime fans I know would have and actually have said "They won't just give up on Pokemon because 4Kids lost the rights, the 5 year olds won't let it," but there's a shitload of people who claim Special is the worst adaptation of the already simple-to-beat games and that all its characters piss them off, or something. (Not that I wouldn't call that biased beyond redemption :P)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nintendo Manga

Go to the 9:48 minute mark of the video to see Y Ruler Of Time, a Manga reviewer from TGWTG, and his opinions on Pokemon Special.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kinda weird how all the comments are in Spanish(?), despite the spoken language. But yeah, despite it being fan-hype the dude sounds on track. The Arbok references have gotta stop, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Arbok references have gotta stop, though.
    Yeah but it was pretty shocking for Pokemon. Though it does get better.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shocking doesn't really solicit every review and its second cousin mentioning that Arbok in some way or another, though. Hell, some people even got into the Special bandwagon because of that Arbok; I once read through a thread where this one guy was asking if there were any more "deaths" in the series like he craved that shit.

I was, like, 7 when I read the first volume here and I just went, "Hmm. Bitch got slashed, eh? Whatever."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Shocking doesn't really solicit every review and its second cousin mentioning that Arbok in some way or another, though. Hell, some people even got into the Special bandwagon because of that Arbok; I once read through a thread where this one guy was asking if there were any more "deaths" in the series like he craved that shit.

I was, like, 7 when I read the first volume here and I just went, "Hmm. Bitch got slashed, eh? Whatever."
    Yeah, I'll admit, it's annoying.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like the earlier parts of the series. The characters and world in the RGBY and GSC storylines were interesting for the most part, and it didn't follow the games exactly.

Then in RSE, while the characters are awesome, the plot goes completely mad and people are getting killed off left and right.

I think the reason I don't like the RSE onward plots is because they either stick to the game's plot too much, or they try and one up the game's plot, leading to an absolutely over the top and unnesary one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Butterfly View Post
    Then in RSE, while the characters are awesome, the plot goes completely mad and people are getting killed off left and right.
    Don't they get brought back to life? Plus, I don't recall any main characters dying. Besides, as long as they went out in a fitting end, I'm cool.

I think the reason I don't like the RSE onward plots is because they either stick to the game's plot too much, or they try and one up the game's plot, leading to an absolutely over the top and unnesary one.
    The DPPt arc doesn't seem to bad or "over the top" so far. Plus, I have a soft spot for over the top stuff so long as I'm entertained. That's why I love Dragon Ball Z (Kai).

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, not to mention that multiple arcs in DBZ ended with planets blowing up. I liked the 4 or so people's deaths toward the end of RS, being that it drove Ruby to his extremes, yet still showed he had compassion when he refused to kill Archie and Maxie (even though he should) after all that. Plus, none of them did stay dead, so no big loss as far as I see. It's some of the stuff in Emerald and onwards that I hate.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast