SPECIAL: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special - Page 16

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnbreeze View Post
    BW: The second arc I ever read. This arc also has my otp in it, pretty much only reason why I like it. *sigh* But as for plot, I wasn't too thrilled. Because it almost directly followed the plot of the actual game, this arc appeared VERY BORING. It's ironic because the BW games were the most action/plot filled out of all of the other games in its time, but it was the least filled manga arc. The characters were also all over the place.

"I'M BLACK, AND I'M GONNA BE THE UNOVA CHAMPION BUT I'M SMART BUT I'M ALSO AN IDIOT HERO BUT WAIT I HAVE A SOFT SIDE BUT OH OH WAIT WAIT, CHAMPION, CHAMPION, I'M GONNA BE IT!!!!!!"

"Hi I'm White! I'm the president of a company at age 14/15! I'm no trainer but I'm gonna try but I'm still a president but I'm now a dex holder and the owner of the pokemon musical and yeah. USE OUR COMPANY."
    I heavily agree on this point. I have no idea why Kusaka thought it was such a great idea to follow the games' plot so closely in the BW chapter, but it just made it much less interesting for me compared to every other arc. I mean, he went to far as to include an in-game event Pokemon. It was so boring how I basically knew what was going to happen next.

I also agree; Black just seemed to be a bit much with all of these personalities of his. The detective thing was nice, and being studious was new for a male hero. He could have done without the additional recklessness, which we'd seen before in Red and Gold, if you ask me.

And, well, I just personally hate White. I suppose not every character can be a badass.
    Last edited by Team Gaara; 24th August 2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Sakuraa likes this.

Blog Entries

I like White but I wish we saw more of her later acquired battle skills more.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Pokespe has been following games' plots closely since RS. Well, the first paired versions of a generation, that is.

It's not like they follow it to the letter.

The Gym Leaders getting captured never happened in the games.

N isn't a total jackass in the games.

"Can I say I'm back?" Autumnbreeze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I agree with you 100% on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Pokespe has been following games' plots closely since RS. Well, the first paired versions of a generation, that is.

It's not like they follow it to the letter.

The Gym Leaders getting captured never happened in the games.

N isn't a total jackass in the games.
    I also agree the gym leaders being captured was a nice twist. Seeing normal trainers with dreams be badass was pretty great. On top of this, I enjoyed N's jerky personality. I mean I liked his character in the game, but some of those fangirls really irked me. The jerkier version of him in PokeSpe was much needed. He is still a bad guy.

"So it was President White after all!"
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Blog Entries

I just wished the other dex holders made an appearance. But hey, can't always get what you want.
    Why? They had their time, DPP was Platinum, Diamond and Pearl's time to shine, having other "dex holders" appearing would have been a bad thing imo. Also I don't think following the games' plots is a bad thing. If anything, the fact they didn't follow the games more closely is the reason I don't like the first arcs that much. There is already an anime that takes a lot of liberties in regards of the original stories portrayed of the games, so I think at least the "official" manga could follow they more accurately.

"Can I say I'm back?" Autumnbreeze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I just wished the other dex holders made an appearance. But hey, can't always get what you want.
    Why? They had their time, DPP was Platinum, Diamond and Pearl's time to shine, having other "dex holders" appearing would have been a bad thing imo. Also I don't think following the games' plots is a bad thing. If anything, the fact they didn't follow the games more closely is the reason I don't like the first arcs that much. There is already an anime that takes a lot of liberties in regards of the original stories portrayed of the games, so I think at least the "official" manga could follow they more accurately.
    For me, it was if they more so appear not in a huge plot changing appearance. And also, if they even did make an appearance, it would be in the Platinum arc, not the DP arc. They would still get to shine I guess. But yes, I totally understand your opinion.
    Last edited by Autumnbreeze; 25th August 2013 at 02:21 PM.

"So it was President White after all!"
    -tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I also agree; Black just seemed to be a bit much with all of these personalities of his. The detective thing was nice, and being studious was new for a male hero. He could have done without the additional recklessness, which we'd seen before in Red and Gold, if you ask me.

And, well, I just personally hate White. I suppose not every character can be a badass.
    I don't think Black really had too much going on with him, but I do agree I could've done without his recklessness and a couple other things. And I actually have a bit of mixed feelings on the detective thing (mainly just how much it got used), but it did lead to some development so it's not all bad.

As for White, why do you hate her? Is it really just because she's not a badass?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Agreed. It'd be great if there were some changes in the volumes to where she would show them off more, but I'm afraid it's not likely. Maybe she'll get to show them off some in the Black2/White2 arc?

Also I don't think following the games' plots is a bad thing. If anything, the fact they didn't follow the games more closely is the reason I don't like the first arcs that much. There is already an anime that takes a lot of liberties in regards of the original stories portrayed of the games, so I think at least the "official" manga could follow they more accurately.[/FONT]
    I agree with this. It's nice to actually have a closer adaptation of the games and Special still does a great job of doing enough to make it interesting regardless. I actually wouldn't mind it straying a bit more than it does from the games though, but not too much considering how it might turn out. And I agree with you about the first arcs too. I actually didn't mind RBG too much but the arc feels overrated to me to be honest. It's not a bad start but it's feels kinda lacking compared to the latter arcs, and I think there were some missed opportunities with it too. I don't care much for Yellow though. It wasn't all bad (there were some good parts and ideas) but I felt more mixed than pleased with it by the end of it.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    I don't think Black really had too much going on with him, but I do agree I could've done without his recklessness and a couple other things. And I actually have a bit of mixed feelings on the detective thing (mainly just how much it got used), but it did lead to some development so it's not all bad.

As for White, why do you hate her? Is it really just because she's not a badass?
    No, it's because she's useless. Her character is just very unlikable to me.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Adventures is not the "official" manga.

It's no more "official" than any other Pokemon manga.
    YamiiDenryuu and Team Gaara like this.

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    No, it's because she's useless. Her character is just very unlikable to me.
    Yeah, she really hasn't done much. And fair enough. I'm not crazy about her or anything (she's not anywhere close to being one of my fav Dexholders), but she doesn't feel that unlikable to me, and did grow on me some as time went on.

Blog Entries

I think it's an okay manga, but not as amazing as some like to make it out to be. I find some of the dexholders to be caricatures in terms of personality. I honestly prefer mangas like EToP or Golden Boys.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Pokemon Adventures is not the "official" manga.

It's no more "official" than any other Pokemon manga.
    Unofficial is not recognizable.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

1) Better than the anime in general.
    2) Does a good job keeping new faces fresh and bringing back familiar faces.
    3) Favorite series for me is the RSE chapters of Pokemon Adventures.
    Shiny Blaze likes this.

Absolutely love it. Without doubt my favourite interpretation of the Pokemon world. My favourite arc so far is the RGBY arc, but I've genuinely found all the stories so far really good, especially how in the first 3 arcs the Pokedex Holders would team up (against the Masked Man and against Guile Hideout).

I don't think there is a single main character I haven't liked yet. They're all really interesting and the writers often throw in details you wouldn't expect, like Diamond and Pearl being comedians and White having a film agency. Also, in the RSE Arc they actually swapped the 'traditional' male-female roles with Ruby and Sapphire, with him being into Contests and Pokemon's beauty, and to be frank being a bit of a shallow wimp at the start, whilst she is into Pokemon Battles and is a bit wild, a bit of a tomboy. Even with the current BW2 series, with Rakutsu being an Interpol officer, searching for Team Plasma members, and Faitsu being a secret former Team Plasma member... should be great!

Compared to the anime, the best thing about it is the character/ story progression. For me, its where the anime went wrong. Characters actually age and grow up now. We've being seeing Red on/off from age 10 to age 16 and he is a great hero, my favourite character, whereas Ash, who had the potential to do all of this, is STILL 10.

I also like the dark side of it as its simply realistic. In a world with Pokemon, bad things would happen, its human nature to exploit, etc and is a far cry from the 'nicey-nice' child friendly anime.

Caitlin owns. Nuff said. PorahgonX's Avatar

Honestly, this is one of the better mangas out there. It truly is incredible when you realize all that goes on.

Yeah, the HGSS and BW arcs were weak...mediocre compared to the rest of the series. But the BW2 arc seems to be getting back on track in terms of hilarity, plot, and creativity.

But honestly, Rakutsu breaking up with Yancy WAS NOT OKAY >:( Unless the author puts them back together at the end (which he has a tendency of doing...ya know, making relationships seem like they're nonexistent and then WHAM. Relevant again)...:

khrp.png

O.o

But seriously, give it a go. It's one of the better mangas out there.

You just have to read it as Manga. Not as cutsy-tootsie drabble that the anime has turned into.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PorahgonX; 10th September 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    FanFiction
    Most Recent OneShot: A Wishing Flower
    Current Main Focus Story: I Smittened A Supermodel (RaimeiShipping)

AdvanceShipping, RaimeiShipping, SnowballShipping, QuestShipping, and TeenCareShipping.
    Bleh. That was a mouthful XP

Known as Porahgonx, or more simply, Px

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast