SPECIAL: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Overall honest opinions of Pokemon Adventures/Special

Yes, yes, but that's not the topic of this thread.

Please get back on track, please.

For me Pokemon Special/Adventures is great and 10 times more put together and enjoyable than the anime.Overall i find it great ! It isn't childish and predictable like the anime.The fact that there isn't only childy things and has a more "dark" plot makes it more mature and enjoyable for me! All the characters and their personalities are very nice and great tought of - a cunning "theif" girl;a bit of a pervert boy;a comical duo;a strong willed main hero;a very rich,but totally unsnoby girl;a wild "animal" girl; a contest loving boy and so on, they are all unique. Also i like how the villans are portraied - being an actual thread (unlike the anime).Also the plot twists/revealings of the manga and how every main character gets a good development. The spontaneous/improvised way everything is put together is great ! The art is also nice !

RBY was the best arc of Special. It took more creative liberties (lethal Pokemon, Trainer/Pokemon battling together, evil gym leaders, etc) while retaining the best of game aspects.
    Yellow was weak. It's not really bad, just kinda boring.
    GSC was pretty good, too.
    RSE - Bad fanfiction come to life! It's basically just copy and paste from the games (it's no different than your standard "original trainer" fanfic)...with forced shipping, drawn out legendary subplot, and Deus Ex Machina! What more could I ask for?
    DPP/BW - Boring, nothing is interesting about it. Not as laughably bad as RSE, but still really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo Asmita. View Post
    Fine, you can say Pryce was insane, but then again. Show, don't tell
    I think they show how Pryce was insane in the membrane (in the present at least).

Blog Entries

Overall, I think Adventures is a pretty good manga. It has its flaws from time to time, but it's a great depiction of the Pokemon World to contrast with the Anime's. I also like that it's taken mostly from the plot of the games rather than something like the Anime, since the games are where it's all derived from. It has a variety of unique characters and Pokemon, combined with pretty interesting plots based on those from the games, but with their own twists. Also nice to see all of the game characters interact with each other and be pretty badass for the most part.

Blog Entries

I really like Pokémon Adventures. I like how it is such a close representation of the games and uses so many in game elements. I love how all of the characters go through a lot of development through their arcs and are all usually successful in fulfilling their goals. I really like how Pokémon are treated like they are in the games, while maybe not having that much personality, still playing overall important roles within the story. I find the pacing of they arcs to be okay. Some are really long and add in a lot of plots, while others are much shorter, but I usually find them interesting and entertaining nonetheless. I like nearly all of the characters, with a select few I find totally annoying. Overall, I think the series provides a great representation of the Pokémon games while still adding in their own unique elements.

Weavile Leader Maxie the Weavile's Avatar

they were good imo i liked reading them alot.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dislike it mostly because of it's mechanics. Why are the tournament rules are the strange (and by strange I mean stupid) way they are and why didn't the author feel the need to explain them? Why does the pokedex work the way it does in the games when it makes no sense in the pokemon world given we have Bulbapedia Serebii and Smogon in are world? Is to be more faithful to games? If so why did they make Gym leaders and Elite four members evil? Is that faithful? If it supposed to be for older audiences why does it have levels? And if it is supposed to be more intelligent than the anime why does it still have "Vaguerate makes you a better trainer" bullshit which is one of the more irritating aspects of the anime?

This is nothing how the world would work like! And from what I'm heard from I think a mod Tajiri quote came before the dark stuff so he and it was so earlier on that he had no idea how easy it would be to store and find information in a high tech world.
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I dislike it mostly because of it's mechanics. Why are the tournament rules are the strange (and by strange I mean stupid) way they are and why didn't the author feel the need to explain them?
    Because no one wants to watch an overly long tournament? Why does it matter?

Why does the pokedex work the way it does in the games when it makes no sense in the pokemon world given we have Bulbapedia Serebii and Smogon in are world?
    What? That makes no sense.

If so why did they make Gym leaders and Elite four members evil? Is that faithful?
    He said it was faithful to the world he was trying to convey and nothing else. Those have nothing to do with that.

As for why they were made villains? Don't know. I assume it's because Giovanni was the only notable villain at the time. We needed more antagonists.

At least they've stopped.

If it supposed to be for older audiences why does it have levels?
    What do either of those things have to do with one another?

And if it is supposed to be more intelligent than the anime why does it still have "Vaguerate makes you a better trainer" bullshit which is one of the more irritating aspects of the anime?
    I have no idea what you're trying to say. I do not think "vaguerate" is an English word.

This is nothing how the world would work like!
    You don't know that.

And from what I'm heard from I think a mod Tajiri quote came before the dark stuff so he and it was so earlier on that he had no idea how easy it would be to store and find information in a high tech world.
    It's from volume 1, so no, it was with the dark elements.

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

Because no one wants to watch an overly long tournament? Why does it matter?
    Define Overly long. Tournaments are Shonen incarnate anyways. How does that excuse the poor convenience?
    Why does the pokedex work the way it does in the games when it makes no sense in the pokemon world given we have Bulbapedia Serebii and Smogon in are world?
    What? That makes no sense.
    It makes perfect sense. If we have all these resources in our world and their world actually HAD Pokemon and better Tech than the pokedex would have plenty of info from the get go.

If so why did they make Gym leaders and Elite four members evil? Is that faithful?
    He said it was faithful to the world he was trying to convey and nothing else. Those have nothing to do with that.

As for why they were made villains? Don't know. I assume it's because Giovanni was the only notable villain at the time. We needed more antagonists.

At least they've stopped.
    It seems odd to leave in something that doesn't make sense while completely changing something like that. He no problem using turning a Class into villain so he would be fine

If it supposed to be for older audiences why does it have levels?
    What do either of those things have to do with one another?
    What DON'T they have to do with each other. The anime is forced to act as tutorial. Special isn't why the levels real life doesn't work like that so it feels very silly.

And if it is supposed to be more intelligent than the anime why does it still have "Vaguerate makes you a better trainer" bullshit which is one of the more irritating aspects of the anime?
    I have no idea what you're trying to say. I do not think "vaguerate" is an English word.
    I meant it as a mixture of "Vague" and Karate meaning an unidentified martial art. Yes there are connection between health and the brain but they walk freakin everywhere they're more than okay.
    This is nothing how the world would work like!
    You don't know that.
    I pretty sure I know a world with Pokemon and better technology would have better ways to keep info on Pokemon that's for certain.

And from what I'm heard from I think a mod Tajiri quote came before the dark stuff so he and it was so earlier on that he had no idea how easy it would be to store and find information in a high tech world.
    It's from volume 1, so no, it was with the dark elements.
    Well second hand info sue me.
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

Quote Originally Posted by moneylesswario View Post
    RBY was the best arc of Special. It took more creative liberties (lethal Pokemon, Trainer/Pokemon battling together, evil gym leaders, etc) while retaining the best of game aspects.
    Yellow was weak. It's not really bad, just kinda boring.
    GSC was pretty good, too.
    RSE - Bad fanfiction come to life! It's basically just copy and paste from the games (it's no different than your standard "original trainer" fanfic)...with forced shipping, drawn out legendary subplot, and Deus Ex Machina! What more could I ask for?
    DPP/BW - Boring, nothing is interesting about it. Not as laughably bad as RSE, but still really bad.
    This, but the opposite.

RB was good, GSC wasn't good at all, RSE was the best saga and DPPt wasn't great too. I didn't read all of BW yet, but what I did, I found boring.

I wouldn't say BW is boring. Not my favorite chapter but not really boring.

The BW manga felt like it was trying too hard to be different, like how they tried to make the games feel separated from the rest of the series and "original"
    Check out my group: Talk to me!

The Dreamer Prez's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Prez on Tumblr

Due to the fact I posted here like about 2 years ago and I wasn't really too mature, I'm going to post my current opinion.

RB: The first arc I ever read. But besides that, it is one of my favorites! Brilliant plot that travels into the other arcs, awesome characters, and overall a great intro to the series as a whole.

Yellow: At first I didn't like Yellow all to much due to her major canon sue status, but she got better. I guess. As for the plot...it was good! Pretty much every single plot in the PokeSpe series is great.

GSC: Good, good, good. Though I'll admit this is the one arc I read the least of.

RSE: My favorite? Maybe??? It definitely had its glitches and generic events, but overall was a very enjoyable read. Though I'll admit the whole "I met Celebi in Johto and yeah, now it's gonna save everything and everyone!" was really stupid. Sorry. *shrug*

I liked the plot of Emerald, but I didn't like Emerald. He...I just don't like him all that much.

DPP: I didn't like the beginning. It was boring and I really didn't like the characters. But it grew better and better as the arc progressed, so yeah. It became a pretty good arc. I just wished the other dex holders made an appearance. But hey, can't always get what you want.

BW: The second arc I ever read. This arc also has my otp in it, pretty much only reason why I like it. *sigh* But as for plot, I wasn't too thrilled. Because it almost directly followed the plot of the actual game, this arc appeared VERY BORING. It's ironic because the BW games were the most action/plot filled out of all of the other games in its time, but it was the least filled manga arc. The characters were also all over the place.

"I'M BLACK, AND I'M GONNA BE THE UNOVA CHAMPION BUT I'M SMART BUT I'M ALSO AN IDIOT HERO BUT WAIT I HAVE A SOFT SIDE BUT OH OH WAIT WAIT, CHAMPION, CHAMPION, I'M GONNA BE IT!!!!!!"

"Hi I'm White! I'm the president of a company at age 14/15! I'm no trainer but I'm gonna try but I'm still a president but I'm now a dex holder and the owner of the pokemon musical and yeah. USE OUR COMPANY."

BW2: To be honest I'm very excited for this arc. Rakutsu is from the secret police, Faitsu was part of Team Plasma, Black is missing, White hasn't been mentioned, the old protagonists (Black, White, Cheren, Bianca...) are SIXTEEN! And there's the PWT tournament, a perfect opportunity for the other Dex Holders to gather together, so yeah! BW2 arc come quicker!

But brutal honesty aside, I love Pokemon Special. I can't wait to see what Kusaka has in store for the BW 2 arc and XY arc.

I dunno about "all over the place" with Black and White's characters. I find it good that they have more than just one mere archetype going for them. Like if Black was just a bookworm or just a hyperactive shonen-ish hero, I'd wouldn't like him as much now if at all.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast