The official CoroCoro site has uploaded a chapter of the "Pocket Monsters" manga

Thread: The official CoroCoro site has uploaded a chapter of the "Pocket Monsters" manga

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default The official CoroCoro site has uploaded a chapter of the "Pocket Monsters" manga

Hit the grey button on the bottom to start reading. The button on the bottom left of each page is "Previous," and the button on the bottom right of each page is "Next."

http://www.corocoro.tv/tachiyomi/index.html

This is the perfect chance for those of you who have never checked out the original "Pocket Monsters" manga to go ahead and do so.

It's only going to be online for a month from when it was first posted (whenever that was), so I'd go ahead and read it sooner rather than later.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on October 21st, 2014

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Default Re: The official CoroCoro site has uploaded a chapter of the "Pocket Monsters" manga

So this is the one with the bad-mouthed Pippi? Funny how they decided to put it online.

Default Re: The official CoroCoro site has uploaded a chapter of the "Pocket Monsters" manga

It would've been better if they'd put Pokespe online instead; I don't really like the Pocket Monsters manga.

Pokémon White

Dude, that is awesome. I'm going to need to study more so I can read it, but from just browsing it looks fun.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    It would've been better if they'd put Pokespe online instead; I don't really like the Pocket Monsters manga.
    You can find Special everywhere. No one cares about Pocket Monsters though so it's a joy.

I want to see PokeWake online..

I don't see why this series gets no love. It seems hilarious and adorable, plus it's the longest manga.

I have no idea what any of this has to do with the games though..I suppose it's not supposed to follow anything from the games, right?

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    PokeSpecial is way overrated. The other manga series deserve some love too, you know.

I browsed this and yeah, it looks fun and random.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl
    It would've been better if they'd put Pokespe online instead
    This is the CoroCoro Comics website. Pokemon Special does not run in CoroCoro Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Somari
    I have no idea what any of this has to do with the games though..I suppose it's not supposed to follow anything from the games, right?
    It covers a lot of the major stuff from the games, but it's not restricted to just that. The series has absolutely no problem mixing in random stories in with all the game-based stories.

Juuuuuuuust saying... this isn't the first time they've put a chapter on there. I'm not expecting anyone here to have necessarily known that.

But I am glad this thread is here because I didn't think to make one back when I noticed a different chapter on this site a while back. (I'm sorry... I looked at the pages of the chapter and then went and did something else- the thought of mentioning it didn't cross my mind...) And I haven't seen this new chapter until today, and I wouldn't have seen it if it weren't for this thread.

(I still long for the day that "Creepy Pippi" becomes the alternate name for the "Scary Clefairy." It works... not that I think it's creepy or scary.)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Huh, after a year they finally changed the chapter. Last time I checked it was a chapter of Isamu training his Pokémon from being lazy. Thanks for the update :).

A YEAR?! Holy...

It was only a few months ago before I noticed a Pocket Monsters chapter on that site...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    A YEAR?! Holy...

It was only a few months ago before I noticed a Pocket Monsters chapter on that site...
    Huh, it's been there for a while, same goes for the Battrio manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    This is the CoroCoro Comics website. Pokemon Special does not run in CoroCoro Comics.
    When did this happen? Coronis's summaries talk about each chapter being released in the latest issue of CoroCoro.

Pokémon White

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Not quite. It runs in CoroCoro Ichiban (as well as Shougaku Yon-Nen Sei and Pokemon Fan), not CoroCoro Comics. Two different magazines, two different websites.

^ There's a magazine that comes out once every two months called Coro Coro Ichiban, and that has a chapter of Pokemon Special. (The magazine's made by the same company as the regular Coro Coro, but I don't remember the significance of Ichiban.) But that didn't start happening until the Ichiban issue that came out this past March.

EDIT: Dang it... oh well, Plan B... (which I actually wrote before I wrote the stuff above)

Quote Originally Posted by BoredPikachu!
    Huh, it's been there for a while, same goes for the Battrio manga
    Sorry, I meant that I personally didn't notice there was a chapter of that Pocket Monsters manga up until a few months ago.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this, I've always been curious to see more of this manga (aside from the single volume that I own)