The obligatory "best place to buy the manga" thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The obligatory "best place to buy the manga" thread

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default The obligatory "best place to buy the manga" thread

Does anyone know the best places to buy the English manga on the Internet? I'd like to buy them for cheaper than retail, if possible, because paying $13 for one volume (when the most I'm paying for a manga here in Japan is $5) just isn't a very attractive idea.

So, has anyone found any good places online?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on October 21st, 2014

Blog Entries

I don't know of any place that sells them for less than retail -- just places like Kinokuniya and Amazon.com.

For those who live in southeast Asia, you can get some manga from Chuang Yi. They're currently up to Adventures volume 13, Ash & Pikachu volume 3, the third and final volume of Pokemon Gold and Silver, AKA Golden Boys; all of The Electric Tale of Pikachu, and the first seven volumes of Magical Pokemon Journey. Their prices seem to be lower than Viz's, but they won't sell overseas... if anyone here lives in southeast Asia and is willing to help out, though, please say so! ^_^
    Last edited by Transfinite; 5th June 2004 at 12:33 AM.

Blog Entries

I decided to stick this, in case anyone else has similar questions in the future. ^_^

Lost in the digital world, but posting from Massachusetts.
    Blog Entries

I'm personally wondering if there are any major non-internet bookstores that you people have known to stock some of the pokemon manga, I can't find any.

I try to buy manga at Half Price Books. You might not have exactly a Half Price around where you live, but you should probably have something similar. Each location has different merchandise, since they buy from people, but I know they have some Pokémon manga at a couple of my locations. Plus, the prices can't be beat.

It was Columbus instead.

Blog Entries

I'm personally wondering if there are any major non-internet bookstores that you people have known to stock some of the pokemon manga, I can't find any.
    Kinokuniya's the only place I know of. (It does have a website, but it's not an internet bookstore per se.) I know it has locations in Seattle, Beaverton, San Diego, and New York, but there are also some locations I can't remember ^^;;

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dude, POWELL'S!

It's new-and-used, and it's the biggest bookstore in Portland! And due to Portland having a high Asian population, there's a very large section of Japanese manga. However, try sorting through it, as the people who work there don't really know how...

(however, I was able to find the third volume of Special for, like, three bucks)

And it has a wide array of English manga as well, often at reduced prices!

I'm fairly certain they have a web site...

Well...

Barns&Noble (Michigan&Oregon), Borders (Oregon), Waldenbooks (Michigan), Kinokuniya (Oregon), and Powells (Oregon)
    Your Service,
    Ket Makura

Any one emotion,
    Any true devotion,
    Anytime, anywhere.

Scaring people with my avatar since 2003.

Twisted Every Way

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuban
    For those who live in southeast Asia, you can get some manga from Chuang Yi. They're currently up to Adventures volume 13, Ash & Pikachu volume 3, the third and final volume of Pokemon Gold and Silver, AKA Golden Boys; all of The Electric Tale of Pikachu, and the first seven volumes of Magical Pokemon Journey. Their prices seem to be lower than Viz's, but they won't sell overseas... if anyone here lives in southeast Asia and is willing to help out, though, please say so! ^_^
    By the way, for those who chance upon these English volumes up for bidding/sale at eBay or wherever, and are interested in buying it, the manga is selling here at SG$8.50 per book (especially the Johto series, some Kanto ones are $7.50), so check if the price tag is ok.

I would like to know of a site that sells "Pocket Monsters Special" Volume 17 and above of the Japanese manga. Sasuga Books only goes up to Volume 16 according to their website...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'll SELL THEM TO YOU GUYS!

------------------------

Ok folks, after much thought and discussion with my bro.

I'm starting a business catoring to the poor people who *don't have the new Pokemon Special manga in Eng.*

Now story goes that a certain Pokemon Manga is found in Singapore only ever since Viz stopped translating the Pokemon Adventures manga (Pokemon Special in JP) from book 8 onwards.

The deal is: I can ship them for you! Singapore has a wide no. of Pokemon Special manga, and they've happily translated it into English that isn't dodgey.

So basically, I ship books 8 - 13 to you guys if you let me know which one you want.

So right now, I'm taking orders to see who's interested.

If you don't know what Pokemon Special is: check this site
    [link]

I won't charge you guys very much, I make things very fair at only US$8.50 per book. Yes? Shipping won't be much, not to worry.

Orders! Tell your friends!

Grimsg
    -------------------
    retailer of the Pokemon Special Manga in English (1 - 41). Will ship internationally. E-mail studio.grim@gmail.com for details or sales.ORDER NOW!!

Blog Entries

Hurray, that's great! *cheers* I'd order some if I had money (even though I've also got it in Japanese...)

Why only 8-13, though? CY has translated up to #15 so far. (#15 just came out a few days ago, IIRC.)

Oh really? I thought till 13? Better still!

Up to 15 now!

Grimsg
    retailer of the Pokemon Special Manga in English (1 - 41). Will ship internationally. E-mail studio.grim@gmail.com for details or sales.ORDER NOW!!

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What types of payment do you take?

Right now I only take paypal unfortunately. Anything else is quite a hassle : P

Grimsg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast