New Johto Handbook - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: New Johto Handbook

  1. #16
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I agree the HGSS hype has made people go Johto crazy.

    But I'm sure the hype will fade once the game comes out and Johto becomes old news, yet again.

  2. #17
    追放されたバカ Nando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    3 warps to Uranus
    Posts
    3,326
    Blog Entries
    83

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    The difference is Sinnoh won't end in Japan till at least another 8 months.
    Prove it. For all we know they could suddenly have Volkner as the first January episode and stick the League into Feburary. You know nothing more than any of us do.

    There is no way this magazine could know what's happening a whole year from now.
    Yet Beckett somehow called Platinum in like January 2008.

    I really don't see this happening, especially after fandom reaction to the first Johto saga.
    If your notion of "fandom reaction" was what they relied upon, May would still be in the cast, Dawn wouldn't exist, Brock would be long gone and we never would have left Hoenn. Geez.

  3. #18
    Registered User Magmaster12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    My MOM
    Posts
    2,260
    Blog Entries
    13
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I'm personally more intrigued by how it say NEW pokemon in Johto.
    PM Me and I'll register your 3DS FC 2707 1776 0987
    I also need a Magmar or Helioptile Friend Safari.

  4. #19
    追放されたバカ Nando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    3 warps to Uranus
    Posts
    3,326
    Blog Entries
    83

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Magmortar View Post
    I'm personally more intrigued by how it say NEW pokemon in Johto.
    Probably either just Notched-Ear Pichu, or Pokémon that didn't exist in Gen 2.

  5. #20
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Chiaki View Post
    Prove it. For all we know they could suddenly have Volkner as the first January episode and stick the League into Feburary. You know nothing more than any of us do.
    - Sunyshore not till January at the earliest. It'll probably be at least 3 or so episodes there, probably more, that takes up a whole month.

    - Last Contest and Grand Festival will probably take up a month and a half. 2-parter Contest + 3-part Grand Festival...and who knows maybe the GF will be longer this time.

    - Another month could be taken up by the wrap-up of Charon/Looker at Stark Mountain with Heatran.

    - I assume Flint and Bertha will get episodes before the end of Sinnoh.

    - Add in the usual training fillers before the league, most likely a few more Paul/Barry appearances.

    - Sinnoh League eps, at least 8-10 episodes. If Ash gets further or wins this league, it would have to be at least 10 episodes to fit in all the 6 on 6 battles.


    After all that, we'll likely be in June or July. Depending on what the writers might do, we could see the BF or whatever E4 stuff right after or a return to Pallet Town.

    Therefore, this booklet would have to have info on episodes airing around August or September of 2010.

    By this logic, the book should be able to spoil if Ash wins the Sinnoh league or not, what capture/evolutions happen by then, and if Ash beats Paul or whatever.

    You really think the Japanese writers would reveal a years worth of plots to scholastic for a children's book in the U.S.? Its not like we're talking about some anime mag here, this is a kids book like those other Pokemon handbooks.

  6. #21
    ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    9,831
    Blog Entries
    24
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    It's also entirely possible that the description up on Amazon.com is bogus.

    After all, this is the same site that claims that like half the Region 1 Pokemon DVDs are bilingual.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

    | My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

  7. #22
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Anyone notice the release date?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks (June 1, 2010).
    Considering this is for english speaking audiences, Sinnoh definitely won't be over in the dub by June.

    And I seriously doubt Sinnoh can end in Japan before June without some serious rushing. Given the 30 episode gap between Snowpoint and Sunyshore, they don't seem to care about finishing up soon.

    So this book would be spoiling things in the anime that won't even have aired in Japan yet. That alone tells you the summary is off.

  8. #23
    追放されたバカ Nando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    3 warps to Uranus
    Posts
    3,326
    Blog Entries
    83

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I'm just not calling it bogus now because of the fact Beckett, a much more unreliable source, somehow was the first to break the news of Platinum. Before even CoroCoro did.

    If you believe Amazon release dates, HGSS is coming out December 31st 2009 :\

  9. #24
    is watching you Lil Brother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Georgia, US
    Posts
    2,505
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Um, so ignoring all the speculation over what's probably nothing...

    This handbook has all the information they'll need to set off on their own Johto journeys.
    Can I just say I love the little shout-out at the end there?
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

    IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

  10. #25
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Can I just say I love the little shout-out at the end there?
    At the very least, seeing a Johto Journies DVD boxset come out next year would be nice. I'd buy it.

  11. #26
    Registered User Usagi-Zakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    566

    Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by .ιиsσмиιαc. View Post
    Your point being..? I just don't like it that everyone is so damn obsessed with Johto just because we're getting the game remakes and all of that...nobody was this crazy about Jotho before -_-
    I was:B
    But yeah its probably nostalgia because of HGSS.

  12. #27
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I'm glad this was settled early. The last thing we need is someone misinterpreting this and spreading wrong information that Ash is going back to Johto.

    Nice to see this nipped in the bud.

  13. #28
    Badass office lady Nekusagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,844
    Blog Entries
    202

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    At the very least, seeing a Johto Journies DVD boxset come out next year would be nice. I'd buy it.
    Seconded.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network


    A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •