New Johto Handbook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: New Johto Handbook

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    100

    Default New Johto Handbook

    According to amazon, a new Guide for Johto will be released in 2010. according to the description, Ash and his friends will be returning to Johto. Of course, i am going to wait and see about the book.

  2. #2
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,363
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Wait....what?
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  3. #3
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    He's talking about this:

    http://www.amazon.com/Johto-Handbook-Pokemon-Scholastic/dp/0545151325/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259644155&sr=8-1

    I doubt the description should be taken at face value, given Sinnoh won't even end in Japan until at least July or August.

  4. #4
    Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,471
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Probably Nintendo/VIZ/Scholastic/whoever are jumping the gun a bit. :P

  5. #5
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,363
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Pretty much, I doubt they would know about something like that from this early a time.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  6. #6
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I think a correct description would be that the games are returning to Johto, and, "here are some Johto Pokemon that live there." etc.

    I love how an english handbook with no connections to the Japanese writers assume things.

  7. #7
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I'm thinking it means that "IN THIS BOOK Ash will go back to Johto" with no reflection on anything outside it.

  8. #8
    Registered User Juicy Jazzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    403
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    I think a correct description would be that the games are returning to Johto, and, "here are some Johto Pokemon that live there." etc.

    I love how an english handbook with no connections to the Japanese writers assume things.
    Yeah just like the Australian magazine

  9. #9
    I Wobb You Sublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I don't understand this sudden fascination with the Johto region. THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALREADY there is not point at all going back unless they are going to further promote the 13th movie and the games. It's understandable if they go back to Indigo because that's where Ash and Brock home's are. I swear just wait for the 3rd gen remakes of Sapphire and Ruby the same fascination will occur...>_>
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

  10. #10
    Registered User Usagi-Zakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    566

    Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by .ιиsσмиιαc. View Post
    I don't understand this sudden fascination with the Johto region. THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALREADY there is not point at all going back unless they are going to further promote the 13th movie and the games. It's understandable if they go back to Indigo because that's where Ash and Brock home's are. I swear just wait for the 3rd gen remakes of Sapphire and Ruby the same fascination will occur...>_>
    Good point.

    I like Jotho and all but I see no reason why the anime has to go back there.
    Ash didn't take the Kanto league all over again when FRLG came out, he went to the frontier which is there in Emerald too. So the other option is doing another Battle Frontier-season? Meh:/

  11. #11
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mordegard
    Posts
    2,384
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    For some reason, I'd love the Ash & Co. to return to Johto...

    Maybe this could rehab the original Johto series which sucked. The original Johto was overused and underused in the same time. It was way too long gave us lots of bullshit episodes, yet there is tons of Johto material (and characters) that was ignored back then. The writers would now have the chance to use it.

    Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that it goes to the Anime section?

  12. #12
    ★ Prince of Ampora ★ Takoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    South-East England
    Posts
    2,385
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    I laugh how the reading age is "four to eight" (and is with nearly every Pokémon-based book) and everyone, including myself, is in their mid-to-late teens on this forum.

    ~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

  13. #13
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,172
    Blog Entries
    227

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by .ιиsσмиιαc. View Post
    I don't understand this sudden fascination with the Johto region. THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALREADY there is not point at all going back unless they are going to further promote the 13th movie and the games. It's understandable if they go back to Indigo because that's where Ash and Brock home's are. I swear just wait for the 3rd gen remakes of Sapphire and Ruby the same fascination will occur...>_>
    Hello? What about the Johto Battle Frontier? Ash, Brock, May and Max went to Kanto for the Battle Frontier. Plus, Dawn can enter in the Johto contests.

  14. #14
    Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    28,646
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jazzy View Post
    Yeah just like the Australian magazine
    The difference is Sinnoh won't end in Japan till at least another 8 months.

    There is no way this magazine could know what's happening a whole year from now. By that logic it should also be able to spoil the main characters Pokemon at the time.

    I really don't see this happening, especially after fandom reaction to the first Johto saga.

  15. #15
    I Wobb You Sublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: New Johto Handbook

    Quote Originally Posted by DuskDawn97 View Post
    Hello? What about the Johto Battle Frontier? Ash, Brock, May and Max went to Kanto for the Battle Frontier. Plus, Dawn can enter in the Johto contests.
    Your point being..? I just don't like it that everyone is so damn obsessed with Johto just because we're getting the game remakes and all of that...nobody was this crazy about Jotho before -_-
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •