Near Death Experiences

Thread: Near Death Experiences

Blog Entries

Default Near Death Experiences

In volume 4 of Special's DPPt arc, Platinum actually has a near death experience when she sinks in the Great Marsh's bog before being rescued by Chimler. It made me realize how everyone in this series seems to brush off death as if it was nothing. No real trauma or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that whole "walking away from the explosion and not turning back" thing. What's up with that?

Default Re: Near Death Experiences

Well, I suppose that it's still a manga read mostly by kids. The author may not want to dwell on that particular part of the story. Who knows.
    As to "walking away from the explosion", I think that's happened. At least with Red and Pika. But that's comics for ya.

Blog Entries

Well, Crys was nearly suffocated by a Ditto and Red nearly became a Victrebell's lunch.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Yeh
    Ruby & Norman almost fell of something
    The ultimate one is Maxie murdered Archie

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kira Akigari View Post
    Yeh
    Ruby & Norman almost fell of something
    The ultimate one is Maxie murdered Archie
    Other way around. And that doesn't count, since he actually died.

Add bangbronze on MySpace

Y chapter Red was buried in ice for a year or so. G/S/C Misty almost suffocated inside the Crystal Wall. R/S Ruby and Norman almost fell to their deaths from the Weather Institute, and Steven, Norman, and the one Magma admin did die, but Ruby who had Celebi the entire time turned back time and saved them all. E chapter Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Silver were trapped in stone. (Or turned to stone, whichever way you look at it.) D/P chapter Platina and Dia were trapped in a cave-in at Mount Coronet. Pt chapter Dia, Paka and Uji (Dia, Ignor and Phool) were trapped in the Distortion World. (I haven't gotten past the first chapter of Vol. 41)

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

Well, maybe the characters can brush off these near-death experiences because they already sorta know that the world outside is and can be dangerous, even with a Pokemon by your side? Perhaps they have learned to just live to the fullest, and if they have to die, then so be it...? *shrugs* Compared to what some characters risk their lives to do in the anime series as well [or in other manga series - Hareta from DPA! would count well in this], this must be something normal for heroes/heroines that are Pokemon trainers to do in times of adventure and whatever.

I dunno, but I never really noticed that before - the whole near-death experience thing just not affecting characters and such. I did remember that there was a bunch of perilous events within the PokeSpe series, but yeah, it just seems like it must be something that's completely [or mostly, considering some parents] acceptable, even by parents [although in real-life, I think many parents would beg to differ on allowing their 10 year olds to rush out into dangerous terrain and situations that may harm and/or kill them - am I right?].

- Juuchan17

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Blog Entries

The Pokemon world must have a lot of great parents to raise youngsters who be easily independent.