Manga VS. Anime - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Manga VS. Anime

Default Re: Manga VS. Anime

MANGA(well, PokeAdventures) TOTALLY KICKS anime's butt. Giving my reasons:
    1. Characters change each region, not a single character..
    2. Characters actually grow up and they are not Peter Pan fellas.
    3. Villians actually plan to kill the protagonists(mask of ice, agatha, archie)
    4. ZERO kiddish plot
    5. Bloody scenes (Koga's Golbat and Ruby Dragon Clawed).
    6. Pokemon get to die (Pryce's Lapras and Koga's Arbok).
    AND MANY INFINITE REASONS WHY
    Saiga likes this.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_HATER_999 View Post
    MANGA(well, PokeAdventures) TOTALLY KICKS anime's butt. Giving my reasons:
    1. Characters change each region, not a single character..
    2. Characters actually grow up and they are not Peter Pan fellas.
    3. Villians actually plan to kill the protagonists(mask of ice, agatha, archie)
    4. ZERO kiddish plot
    5. Bloody scenes (Koga's Golbat and Ruby Dragon Clawed).
    6. Pokemon get to die (Pryce's Lapras and Koga's Arbok).
    AND MANY INFINITE REASONS WHY
    1 - That happens in the anime.
    3 - That happens in the anime.
    4 - They follow the plot of the games, which are for kids. So, they are indeed kiddish.
    6 - That happens in the anime. (And Arbok never died.)
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

If you mean the Pokémon Special manga, I'd say the manga is better because most characters show development and overall it's got a more interesting plot. The anime is mostly made up of fillers, but there are some anime-exclusive characters that are pretty awesome, so I like it a lot better. Just introducing Paul was enough to make me love it more than the manga. And I love some battles in the anime which I enjoy a lot more animated than just in small squares. Ash vs Paul wouldn't have been nearly as epic in manga. But I read it too, it's awesome. I only read the R/B/G and Yellow chapters, though. Red's such an awesome character.

Oh, and in reply to ASH_HATER_999:
    1. Has happened, the only ones who don't get replaced are Ash and Pikachu. The majority of the main characters are replaced.
    2. Won't argue with this. This is just the way most TV shows for kids work.
    3. Happens in the anime. Pokémon Hunter J, one of the most badass villains, attempted to kill Ash a couple of times.
    4. What do you mean? The manga is still for kids! Doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, but the manga is also aimed at kids. The plot isn't really that complex...
    5. Well, there has only been blood in the anime like 2 times, so I can't argue with this. And it was just a little scratch by a Zangoose one time.
    6. Happens in the anime. Lucario, Latios, Pokémon Hunter J, her Pokémon, all her men, and all their Pokémon. Of course, they never actually said that she died, but how much clearer can it be? Not even Ash survives drowning and an explosion.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Pikachu; 30th June 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    4 - They follow the plot of the games, which are for kids. So, they are indeed kiddish.
    1. But Ash never changes, and the reasons the females are changed is for fanservice, not character development.
    3. It does? I don't recall a villain ever going so far as to openly attempt to murder the main characters.
    4. Being for kids isn't exactly the same thing as "kiddish". The games are intended for all audiences anyway, which again, is not the same.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    1. But Ash never changes, and the reasons the females are changed is for fanservice, not character development.
    3. It does? I don't recall a villain ever going so far as to openly attempt to murder the main characters.
    4. Being for kids isn't exactly the same thing as "kiddish". The games are intended for all audiences anyway, which again, is not the same.
    1. He DOES change... he looks younger now XD
    3. Yes, it does. Pokémon Hunter J is the one I remember the most. She ordered Salamance to fire a Hyper Beam directly at Ash after trapping him in a burning forest. She might have tried something else, but I can't remember. Of course, she never says she wants to kill him, but how much more obvious can you make it? Most villains don't go that far.
    And in her last actual appearance (she reappears in a flashback) she, her Pokémon, and all her men are killed. Or at least they're dead until proven otherwise. Not even Ash can survive what happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    3. Yes, it does. Pokémon Hunter J is the one I remember the most. She ordered Salamance to fire a Hyper Beam directly at Ash after trapping him in a burning forest. She might have tried something else, but I can't remember. Of course, she never says she wants to kill him, but how much more obvious can you make it? Most villains don't go that far.
    And in her last actual appearance (she reappears in a flashback) she, her Pokémon, and all her men are killed. Or at least they're dead until proven otherwise. Not even Ash can survive what happened to them.
    1. That's not what I meant. :P It's the same character for every season.
    3. I don't know anything of J, but it sounds like she's the only one that even comes close to that and it's still only implied.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    1. That's not what I meant. :P It's the same character for every season.
    3. I don't know anything of J, but it sounds like she's the only one that even comes close to that and it's still only implied.
    1. Well, we're kind of doomed with him because I doubt they'll remove him until he becomes a Pokémon Master. And I doubt that will ever happen. The show's too popular. The thing is, the anime follows the journey of Ash, it would be different if from the beginning they had made him win the league and then moved on to the Johto character. The problem with this was time, since there was a gap that had to be filled with the Orange Islands arch. Still, they would've been able to do it, but it's too late now.
    3. It's pretty obvious, it's just that it's harder for the character to say something like that on a kids show that airs worldwide. But yeah, J's the only badass villain in the anime (in my opinion). Her technology's so awesome it makes Team Rocket look like cavemen.
    And Team Galactic didn't attempt to kill Ash (or at least it wasn't that obvious and their attacks were much less lethal), but they still seemed like a really awesome organization. Heck, in the end, the leader (forgot his name, might be Akagi in Japanese) pretty much achieves what he wanted. Sure, Ash and co. saved the Sinnoh region, but he still managed to enter his own world or whatever it was that he was trying to do.
    Last edited by Satoshi_Pikachu; 2nd July 2012 at 09:11 PM.

I would say that I like the Pokemon Special more because the Villains are actually fast on their progress for evil plans. And I love the twisting plot and advance battle tactics. And also surprising scenes too.

The twisting Plots I liked:
    Blue turns out to be kidnapped by Ho-oh along with Silver in GSC series, which is not told on RBG series.
    Crystal asking for a sum of money to help him complete the Pokedex nearly made me thing she is a greedy person, but it turns out all the money is for a orphanage.
    Yellow turns out to be the little girl Red saved in RBG series.
    Red turns out to be saved by Giovanni from the Ice sculpture.
    Silver turned out to be Giovanni's son.
    Giovanni is so adamant on finding Deoxys just to use its ability to find his son, Silver.
    Mask of Ice turned out to be Pryce, who is so frail compared to the Mask of Ice.
    Agatha and the Elite Four's motive is their sad past is quite touching, as their Pokemon died of pollution.
    Professor Oak is the Champion of the 1st Pokemon League.
    Ruby don't ever battle again because how he led his father 5 years late from his actual promotion to a Gym Leader.
    Ruby is the boy who saved Sapphire when they are young.
    I simply love how Dia and Pearl meet Platina, well, tell them to cycle around the park?! (Wrong letter taken, oops)
    Platina turns out to be a real good Trainer and beat Sapphire's record on beating 8 gyms in 80 days.
    Dia turns out to be very intelligent as what he said to Cyrus at Sky Pillar.
    Sird turns out to be a Team Plasma member, only a spy sent to Team Rocket as the three beasts.
    Black turns out to be a person who can't concentrate on thinking. (Dream eating Munna was fun :) )
    White's company shut down because of Gigi's/Bubu's betrayal and go to N, and then she actually want to battle to win Gigi's heart back.

About surprising scenes, I simply just like how Yellow beat Lance and the Team Rocket beasts, double stage evolution and Level Hopping eh? (I don't care about logic, I simply like it) And also how Togepi is born with playing Snooker and Poker. (Hey, Gold, its your bad to teach a child such things)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12