DPA: Was Koya based on Silver?

Thread: Was Koya based on Silver?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Was Koya based on Silver?

Or heck, was he meant to BE Silver? The resemblence is too much to really be coincidence, from his outfit and hairstyle to his entire attitude.

Although to make someone based on Silver part of the International Police seems a jump. Is it too big a jump?

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Was Koya based on Silver?

In terms of appearance, I would probably guess he was.

But in terms of personality, there is a huge difference between them. They're both jerks (at first), but Silver only cares about strong Pokemon and uses them to fight Team Rocket (because of his daddy issues, I bet). Koya actually genuinely cares about Pokemon, even before becoming nice.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I got a Silver-vibe from Koya as well. Their designs are pretty similar. Even though I'm not sure if they would reference the anime, he kind of reminded me of a mix between Silver and Paul. Koya only caring about strong Pokemon reminded me a bit of Paul and he was eventually shown to care about his Pokemon just like Koya, although the reasons behind why they want strong Pokemon are pretty different.

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

Oh, I think he was too. It's hard not to look at him and not do a freaking double-take at his first appearance and go "WTF, when did Silver arrive in Sinnoh?" Honestly, I prefer Koya over Silver... just out of personal prefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    But in terms of personality, there is a huge difference between them. They're both jerks (at first), but Silver only cares about strong Pokemon and uses them to fight Team Rocket (because of his daddy issues, I bet). Koya actually genuinely cares about Pokemon, even before becoming nice.
    I agree with this. I mean, Koya does care... and at least he does regret what happened in his past - that's why he joined the International Police, hoping to atone for what he considered was his weakness. At least his story had a nice ending and all became well for the former jerk agent. I'm just more surprised that the International Police hired someone of his unknown-but-possibly-young age in the first place. Don't they have age limits or child labor laws in the Pokemon world?

- Juuchan17

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juuchan17 View Post
    I'm just more surprised that the International Police hired someone of his unknown-but-possibly-young age in the first place. Don't they have age limits or child labor laws in the Pokemon world?

- Juuchan17
    Maybe Looker is his possible uncle or guardian who helped him join. Plus, if those between 10 and 18 years of age can become Trainers, anything is possible thanks to Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Juuchan17 on Tumblr Visit Juuchan17's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Maybe Looker is his possible uncle or guardian who helped him join. Plus, if those between 10 and 18 years of age can become Trainers, anything is possible thanks to Pokemon.
    Or he's some other far-off relative, I guessing? Perhaps they were impressed by his determination and drive? Again, unanswered questions.

And that does make sense.

- Juuchan17

Completely Insane Fangirl Since Day ONE LiveJournal - DeviantArt - YouTube

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

No , I think Koya is based on a alternate version of Paul with a Kind heart
    I mean He sure battle like Paul but unlike Paul he really loves his pokemon