Kaitou! Pokemon 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaitou! Pokemon 7

Blog Entries

Default Kaitou! Pokemon 7

Anyone read this manga yet? I just finished it myself. It was fun reading a Pokemon manga that wasn't following the games or anime or anything, and had a nice original storyline.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Kaitou! Pokemon 7

I'd like to. I saw a tiny bit of it and it seemed interesting.

Is it true Team Galactic has a role in it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    I'd like to. I saw a tiny bit of it and it seemed interesting.

Is it true Team Galactic has a role in it?
    They do, but it's not the same role that they play in DPPt. Rather, the Team Galactic in KP7 is a just a regional section of Galactic proper.

Blog Entries

Haha nice!

Man I wish Viz would pick this up. It seemed cool from what I read. And it's not like there isn't an English translation for pete's sake.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Is the manga only one volume by the way? I only got with scanlations for the manga and only to chapter four. But what I have read this is a really good Pokémon manga I would buy if translated by VIZ, though CY did translate it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoredPikachu! View Post
    Is the manga only one volume by the way? I only got with scanlations for the manga and only to chapter four. But what I have read this is a really good Pokémon manga I would buy if translated by VIZ, though CY did translate it.
    The scanlation site I was reading it off of has it listed as "completed" at six chapters. Also, Bulbapedia has it listed as a One Volume series. If it matters for anything, chapter six ended the main story arc, but it also left them very open to continuing the series if they ever want to down the line.

Blog Entries

I didn't know that there was a Chapter 6, where I was reading it, it ended at Chapter 5.

This would be a cool mini series for an anime. Way better than Pokemon Special.

EDIT: Where I'm reading it it just scanned Ch. 6-12 in one go. Kind of bad quality though ):

I want this to come out here in Canada. I'd so buy it.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

We had a thread on this when it first came out.

The sad thing is that I actually own the volume that's out there but haven't actually gotten around to reading the whole thing. Despite the fact that doing so would only take about 45 minutes or so. Shameful.

Maybe Viz will pick this up when DP Adventure wraps up?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Why would they have to wait?

Besides, at the rate they're making us wait for volume 6 (5 was out in October, 6 not until MARCH? The series is OVER--what are they WAITING for?), it's not like they're doing much else save for Special, and really all they have to do for the vast majority of that (until volume 8 that is) is copy-paste what they already had onto speech bubbles going the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I didn't know that there was a Chapter 6, where I was reading it, it ended at Chapter 5.

This would be a cool mini series for an anime. Way better than Pokemon Special.

EDIT: Where I'm reading it it just scanned Ch. 6-12 in one go. Kind of bad quality though ):

I want this to come out here in Canada. I'd so buy it.
    It's meant to be bad quality so that people wouldn't dare make something out of scans... recalling correctly, some tried to put them in pay-per-viewing manga site... lolz. Also, I have a busy life, so I just scan it as is and only did the rotating. :P

Luckily, my copy didn't get the same fate Volume 26 of PokeSpe did... also, I noticed that Chuang-Yi changed their paper... it used to be much smoother, but starting from Volume 28 and their re-prints, the paper is so like those other manga books... meh, I like the paper they're using back then... =/

Well, if you want some good quality scans, why don't you do the scanning yourself once you get the manga... that is if you get them... mine are just temporary stuff until some people decide to replace them with good scans...

---

@ BJ: Don't forget the censorships... :P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
    @ BJ: Don't forget the censorships... :P
    They haven't censored anything in DPA though. They've translated a couple of things wrong, but not to cover anything up.

I *do* wonder about the bomb scene in volume 5, but if they didn't have a problem with Cyrus's admission that he'd kill everything in the universe including his own followers, I'm not sure what they'll do.

Although again I can't figure out why DPA would have to finish before Viz would pick up Pokemon 7, which was mostly what I was asking.

^ I'm guessing that the reason why they need to wait is since aside from Special, they're also working on DPA... I really don't know how Viz works but meh, it seems that they might not pick up this series if they didn't bother translating the other not so popular Pokemon manga out there... Battle Frontier, Golden Boys I can still find it okay since it was never finished in the first place... and the previous movie adaptation manga... also, Ash and Pikachu...

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    They haven't censored anything in DPA though. They've translated a couple of things wrong, but not to cover anything up.

I *do* wonder about the bomb scene in volume 5, but if they didn't have a problem with Cyrus's admission that he'd kill everything in the universe including his own followers, I'm not sure what they'll do.

Although again I can't figure out why DPA would have to finish before Viz would pick up Pokemon 7, which was mostly what I was asking.
    Like Cyrus drilling her all day, everyday?
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Lmao, Saturn... XD

And also BJ, I was talking about Special censorships on my previous... previous post to your post... sorry I wasn't clear on that part... XD

As for Pokemon 7 itself, meh, I doubt this will have a continuation, I haven't heard anything from anyone here, and also, if you've read the author's notes on how the manga was finally published in 2008, it was even delayed for a couple of months before it was published due to some switches with the bosses/editor/something... o__o;;

You can assume the mangaka will indeed go through another publishing problem if she does intend on continuing this... Also, noticed how the chapters are totally rushed... somehow, they were able to fit so much in 12 chapters... @__@

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo
    Why would they have to wait?
    I never said that they'd have to.

it's not like they're doing much else save for Special
    Um...Viz is doing PLENTY.

http://www.viz.com/products/products.php?format_id=1
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |