MERCH: Japanese Pokémon Toy Car Campaign

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Isamu Akai

Thread: Japanese Pokémon Toy Car Campaign

Default Japanese Pokémon Toy Car Campaign

This has somewhat to do with the anime, so I think this is the best place to post.

So in commeration of the next Pokémon movie, Takara Tomy is having a campaign, giving away these neat little cars!

Pokémon Toyotas: Gotta Drive ‘em All
    Last edited by Aestivate; 22nd June 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Japanese Pokémon Toy Car Campaign

Dont ya mean "gotta recall them all"? since they are toyotas. or we could have PIKACAR use sticky gas pedal. it would be super effective against Wall!! i hope they have brakes that work cause it would be sad to see pikachu smashed in a wall.
    One Punny joke about the cars is the oshawott one should have been built by GM at their factory in Oshawa Canada
    Oshawott=Oshawa LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Dont ya mean "gotta recall them all"? since they are toyotas. or we could have PIKACAR use sticky gas pedal. it would be super effective against Wall!! i hope they have brakes that work cause it would be sad to see pikachu smashed in a wall.
    One Punny joke about the cars is the oshawott one should have been built by GM at their factory in Oshawa Canada
    Oshawott=Oshawa LOL.
    Toyota, an unreliable brand? Sir, I disagree.

ANYWAY.....

Quote Originally Posted by technobob
    For this month and next, they are giving away three toy cars: a Pokémon Toyota Alphard mini-van, an Oshawott Toyota Porte and a Pikachu Toyota Porte. And what better way to promote this then to show off some real cars that look like Pokémon?
    TOY CARS?! But, the picture....they were real...

They just broke my heart. I thought I was going to see some road-worthy Pokémon cars even though I'll never see or get to sit in one. But noooooo. I would've liked that PokéAlphard.

Follow BioOrganism On Twitter

That is awesome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mother-god-meme.jpg  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    Oshawott=Oshawa LOL.
    Toyota, an unreliable brand? Sir, I disagree.

ANYWAY.....
    well i would have wanted to see a pikachu Chevy volt or Opel/Vauxhall ampera over in america, Europe and England respectivally. the pokemon toyotas are fine as long as they stay over there and make some ones based on fords and chevys for the USA

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Why would anyone do that if Takara Tomy is a Japan-based company? They'd probably still use Toyota to give publicity and business to Japanese cars.

And oh my god I want that car. Now. I will drive it away. Through an ocean. Something.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

But, I want a real drivable one. :(

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green-sama View Post
    Why would anyone do that if Takara Tomy is a Japan-based company? They'd probably still use Toyota to give publicity and business to Japanese cars.

And oh my god I want that car. Now. I will drive it away. Through an ocean. Something.
    in 1998 Nintendo (Based in japan) and Volkswagen made a Pikachu VW Beetle to promote pokemon yellow. that beetle was made in mexico by a german company for the USA. i feel that if nintendo or the pokemon company decise to try that again in the usa that they should use a chevy volt because it is an electric car just like pikachu. i wish nintendo would have cooperated with GM back in 2007 to promote a lucario based Saturn Aura. i understand that this is more geared twords japan (where toyota is more popular then the detroit 2.5) then america but if these cars were to show up in america then i would want to see pokemon based cars from Ford and GM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green-sama View Post

in 1998 Nintendo (Based in japan) and Volkswagen made a Pikachu VW Beetle to promote pokemon yellow. that beetle was made in mexico by a german company for the USA. i feel that if nintendo or the pokemon company decise to try that again in the usa that they should use a chevy volt because it is an electric car just like pikachu. i wish nintendo would have cooperated with GM back in 2007 to promote a lucario based Saturn Aura. i understand that this is more geared twords japan (where toyota is more popular then the detroit 2.5) then america but if these cars were to show up in america then i would want to see pokemon based cars from Ford and GM.
    I'm pretty sure Nintendo of AMERICA made that deal. You're making it seem like an international Nintendo company was behind it.

And honestly, why is everyone nitpicking about Toyota? These are just TOY CARS, you can't actually drive them. Oh my god, a toy car is going to make me crash into a building, help me!!! No.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.