How is Electric Tale of Pikachu?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is Electric Tale of Pikachu?

Default How is Electric Tale of Pikachu?

I plan on buying the volumes. I'm a bit confused though. There are exactly 4 volumes, right?

It seems like a good a good adaptation of the anime and a good manga in itself though.

Default Re: How is Electric Tale of Pikachu?

Note that it doesn't have a very coherent plot in itself, though, with tons of events happening between pages because they did in the anime. It's just manga adaptions of selected episodes, not a self-contained story.
    So.

So it randomly adapts important arcs/episodes and tries to piece them together in a sensible way?

Blog Entries

In addition to what the others said, I found it enjoyable. Some of the plot is very different from the anime.
    Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon.
    Can only evolve into one...

Quote Originally Posted by Somari View Post
    So it randomly adapts important arcs/episodes and tries to piece them together in a sensible way?
    No, it doesn't really try to piece things together very well. It takes some anime episodes, generally some that aired shortly before that chapter got released, then rewrites these. You get the same characters across the entire series, previous chapters are referred to, etc, but there's a lot of stuff you just have to assume happened between chapters because it happened in the anime, including many gym battles and Pokemon captures. It's not intended to be a standalone story, it's an adaption of the anime, and you're meant to be familiar with that before reading it.
    So.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you really have to be familiar with the anime to truly enjoy it. He skips around the story a lot. I find the art style sort of ugly and while I resent the comic a little because VIZ over-promoted it and under-promoted Pokemon Adventures (>_>) it's really not too bad. I'd still pick it up if I were you. (I have the second volume and some random chapters from the first volume in those stupid singles that VIZ used to make)

Viz over-promoted it? Sweet. It sounds way better then Special. Special stinks

I've seen basically every episode of the first season and almost all Pokemon episodes. I'm sure I'll understand it just fine.
    Last edited by Somari; 9th May 2010 at 09:52 PM.

I liked this one!
    its a different kind of pokemon manga, kinda more of a shounen type (as opposed to the more childish manga I've sen lately (i,e, almost ANYTHING in CoroCoro))

this and special were probably my favourites
    [/URL]

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ono's a really good artist...when he remembers how to draw women that is (this is the comic with the torpedo boobs, but when they're not there he's surprisingly good).

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Ono's a really good artist...when he remembers how to draw women that is (this is the comic with the torpedo boobs, but when they're not there he's surprisingly good).
    the American censored version did its best to hide that though, so it doesn't really matter.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Not in the single issues they didn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Not in the single issues they didn't.
    Really? I need to find my copy of Chapter 2 then. Cause I could have sworn they did.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Sometimes they did, but Gary's sister, for instance, still has a chest that makes her look like she's smuggling Jigglypuffs in her shirt.

idk I wanna read it on line the hastings in my town dont carry it any body no a site

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nmvamp View Post
    idk I wanna read it on line the hastings in my town dont carry it any body no a site
    I don't believe we are allowed to give you one. Google may help, but we can't link you to anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast