Golden Boys?

Thread: Golden Boys?

Blog Entries

Default Golden Boys?

Can someone please explain what this manga was really about? And I heard it ends on a serious cliff hanger? Pikachu is from another Generation or something?
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Default Re: Golden Boys?

I have volume 1 of this, Chuang Yi English, it pretty much is just a straight adaptation of Pocket Monster Gold & Silver. The main character is Gold, he starts witha totodile, etc. etc.

its really good actually, the art is good, they got the game pretty well represented. its tied with Special for my favourite pokemon manga!

as far as the cliff hanger goes, I'm not sure, I haven't read all of it yet.. but I have heard it ended abruptly... lol
    [/URL]

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They basically cobbled together an ending where the climatic battle is a Tyranitar that had been sealed away. Black undid the seal so that he could try to capture it.

Pikachu turns out to be Eusine's, from the past. It had been caught up in Bill's time travel experiment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    They basically cobbled together an ending where the climatic battle is a Tyranitar that had been sealed away. Black undid the seal so that he could try to capture it.

Pikachu turns out to be Eusine's, from the past. It had been caught up in Bill's time travel experiment.
    . . . .
    . . . .
    W H A T .

Wow. Guess my vote for best Gen II manga would be the GSC saga of Adventures, then.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

Well, Bill's time travel experiment IS second gen canon for the games. He gives you a pokemon that was caught up in it.

But that's why we have Pikachu Out Of Nowhere in the first volume.

The problem, I think, is that the series was ended before the mangaka had planned. I think it was executive meddling that caused the whole Black Tyranitar deal. As a subplot it would have been fine, but not the final boss. And then we're left with Team Rocket still out there (the last we see of them, Grey is running a semi-legit ferrying business since TR has the only ship that can get through the whirlpools...aaaaand then tries to run Gold and Crystal into said whirlpools with said ship).

Blog Entries

Well, Bill's time travel experiment IS second gen canon for the games. He gives you a pokemon that was caught up in it.

But that's why we have Pikachu Out Of Nowhere in the first volume.

The problem, I think, is that the series was ended before the mangaka had planned. I think it was executive meddling that caused the whole Black Tyranitar deal. As a subplot it would have been fine, but not the final boss. And then we're left with Team Rocket still out there (the last we see of them, Grey is running a semi-legit ferrying business since TR has the only ship that can get through the whirlpools...aaaaand then tries to run Gold and Crystal into said whirlpools with said ship).