SPECIAL: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant, then.

What's to say they wouldn't target a pre-teen audience with a Pokemon Special anime in the western world, though? I'm not saying to go overboard with violence or dark/adult themes so as to tarnish their family-friendly image, but they could very easily attempt to capture a slightly older (though not necessarily adult) audience. Granted, please understand I'm not saying it will be picked up by Adult Swim, or even that it's likely (saying that it becomes an anime and gets picked up for translation in the first place); simply that it's a possible alternative to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons.

Default Re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustic View Post
    I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant, then.

What's to say they wouldn't target a pre-teen audience with a Pokemon Special anime in the western world, though? I'm not saying to go overboard with violence or dark/adult themes so as to tarnish their family-friendly image, but they could very easily attempt to capture a slightly older (though not necessarily adult) audience. Granted, please understand I'm not saying it will be picked up by Adult Swim, or even that it's likely (saying that it becomes an anime and gets picked up for translation in the first place); simply that it's a possible alternative to Nickelodeon/Nicktoons.
    Nick isn't so bad. Sure, their new shows lately aren't quite good with some exceptions IMO but they handled DBZ Kai fairly well and the series is more popular now. Though non-AS CN is possible, Nick wouldn't be too bad. Plus, they'd just air the show and nothing much else.

But that's just me.

It would be interesting, to say the least. Pokémon Adventures isn't incredibly incredibly dark, if you get what I mean. Well, I can't say too much, as I've only read the RGB saga and the Yellow chapter.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

It would be amazing if Pocket Monsters Special anime comes out. But still 100 voted for it - its not a big number but it is something. What would be interesting to see is how the fanbase would split. I mean now we are split to manga/anime but then I would say quite a big portion of fans would come to "our side" because the special version of anime would be much more mature + since we have such a big story already here that would give us at least 50 episodes if you ask me :D

While some do die in the RS chapter, they ARE resurrected so it's sorta like "Temporary Cartoon Death" where characters come back to live later on. So yeah, that'll most likely be fine, especially if it's rated G so everyone can enjoy it like the games. For apparent Pokemon deaths in the Special Manga, they'll be toned down, probably.

I'd LOVE an animated version of Pocket Monsters Special/Pokemon Adventures! <3

The plot would actually move, the Gym Leaders would get actual roles, we'd have an actual cast (including changing up heroes instead of keeping the same obnoxious little snot a lot of us got sick of long ago), we'd see Team Rocket & Giovanni done right, a much better version of the Kyogre vs. Groudon battle, a Celebi who isn't a DiD, and a Mewtwo who isn't Super Hamlet, among other welcome changes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234