SPECIAL: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Just what is a OVA?

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

It stands for 'original video animation.' Here's a wiki page for it :)

Blog Entries

Thanks!

Blog Entries

I've seen plenty of OVAs for anime recently. Since when are they going out of style?

Blog Entries

As much as I'd like a Pocket Monsters Special anime, what influence does Media Factory or Viz Media have on Japanese animation studios?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Agaçant View Post
    As much as I'd like a Pocket Monsters Special anime, what influence does Media Factory or Viz Media have on Japanese animation studios?
    Last I checked, Meda Factory was involved with the Hetalia Anime and some Pokemon merchendise. If a good Anime like that was made by them, then PokeSpe might be in good hands, depending on who's in charge. And should they go through with an Anime Adaptation (SHOULD THEY being the key words), I also hope Viz Media does the English dub.

Should the make OVAs, the trouble is that the story might get compressed like with Viz's "Best Ofs." I'm sure we don't want that.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Somari
    I've seen plenty of OVAs for anime recently. Since when are they going out of style?
    I can't think of any that are less than five years old. Can you give any examples of a recent direct-to-video series?

Not that it really matters one way or the other since DVDs are so ridiculously expensive in Japan that a company would have to be insane to expect young kids to be able to afford them.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Giant Slice of Pecan Pie JB2448's Avatar
    Follow JB2448 On Twitter Add JB2448 on Google+
    Follow JB2448 on Tumblr Visit JB2448's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    I can't think of any that are less than five years old. Can you give any examples of a recent direct-to-video series?
    There's the last Tales of Symphonia OVA coming out in the future.

But yeah, kids wouldn't be able to afford it, especially if it were to come out on Blu-ray.
    Do a barrel roll!

Follow 1dbad on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    And should they go through with an Anime Adaptation (SHOULD THEY being the key words), I also hope Viz Media does the English dub.
    But doesn't TPCi hold the rights to everything Pokemon anime-related? So wouldn't they have to be the ones to produce the dub?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If there's ever a pokespe anime, I'm definitely gonna watch it - Red, Silver, Ruby and all others appear with their personalities, and none of them are like stupid kiddy Ash

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1dbad View Post
    But doesn't TPCi hold the rights to everything Pokemon anime-related? So wouldn't they have to be the ones to produce the dub?
    Well, it should be both Viz and TPCi doing the dub. I dunno.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Considering how the poll got over 6,000 voters and only just over 100 voted for Pokémon Adventures, which got it into third place, doesn't really strike me as that impressive. There were probably an awful lot of series' that only got 1 or 2 votes, which shows how divided opinions must be on the subject.

Japanese animation studios don't really do OVAs anymore.
    As a boring guy living in England, even I've noticed a decline in them. The majority of OVAs I've heard about recently are either spin-offs for huge properties like Fairy Tail and given out with Limited Edition manga volumes or released as part of super-premium priced boxsets. I couldn't count the amount of OVAs I've heard of in the last few months on one hand xD.

Hell, when I think of the last OVAs I watched, I end up going back to late '09-early '10 with the 4-part Shakugan no Shana S...wow, that was long ago =3.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 28th February 2012 at 09:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

I would watch a pokespe anime but only the first arc. Other than that, I'm not really for a pokespe anime.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not that it really matters one way or the other since DVDs are so ridiculously expensive in Japan that a company would have to be insane to expect young kids to be able to afford them.
    Gundam Unicorn...Gundam's primarily a kid series, although it does have a lot of adult fans, probably more so than Pokemon...

I don't understand the crazy obsession with having a Special anime, nor the weird idea that it'd have to be seriously edited to be suitable to be aired on television lol.

Blog Entries

I've always wanted to read Special, but few people actually know it here, even fans, and I can't find it anywhere. If it was made into an anime, my chances of actually seeing it would be far higher. And perhaps it would reduce the number of idiots who think Red is an Ash rip-off when it's actually the other way around.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast