SPECIAL: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Giant Slice of Pecan Pie JB2448's Avatar
    Follow JB2448 On Twitter Add JB2448 on Google+
    Follow JB2448 on Tumblr Visit JB2448's Youtube Channel

Default Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Media Factory's Da Vinci Denshi Navi asked readers what manga they would want made into an anime. Pocket Monsters Special came in third. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it does show that there's a tangible audience for an anime adaptation of this manga. What do you guys think?
    Do a barrel roll!

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Default re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Shock level: 0.

What surprises me is that it's so high on that list.
    Girly Princess likes this.

Blog Entries

Default re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

I think that this is AWESOME!

C'MON TPC and Media Factory, we've been waiting for this moment our whole lives as Pokemon (Special) fans!

Blog Entries

Yikes, I think I'll pass. I mean PokeSpe gets pretty dark sometimes. To have it in anime form would just be...cruel.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Yikes, I think I'll pass. I mean PokeSpe gets pretty dark sometimes. To have it in anime form would just be...cruel.
    What makes you think that PokeSpe will be any "darker" animated? Granted, it's not out of the question but we don't know that. Plus, it's nothing to cry about.

Really hope an anime does get made, it would be really interesting to see!

Although, I doubt it will happen as they already have a Pokemon anime and I doubt they'd make another.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post

Although, I doubt it will happen as they already have a Pokemon anime and I doubt they'd make another.
    Why not? A lot of franchises have more than two Anime series. Well, a few have two at a time but there's no real reason for there to be so. Besides, another Anime could mean more merchandise for The Pokemon Company as it could attract younger AND older fans. Sorta like Gundam and a lot of Shonen Anime.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

Why not? A lot of franchises have more than two Anime series. Well, a few have two at a time but there's no real reason for there to be so. Besides, another Anime could mean more merchandise for The Pokemon Company as it could attract younger AND older fans. Sorta like Gundam and a lot of Shonen Anime.
    I don't really know, but it seems like they won't. They have plenty of manga series and spin off games, and yet only one anime series. It's been like that for years, so I don't see them changing that. Maybe we'd get an OVA or tv movie based on PokeSpe, but I can't see an anime happening, as much as I'd want to. Given the length PokeSpe has been running for, you'd think if it was going to get an anime it would have one by now.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

I don't really know, but it seems like they won't. They have plenty of manga series and spin off games, and yet only one anime series. It's been like that for years, so I don't see them changing that. Maybe we'd get an OVA or tv movie based on PokeSpe, but I can't see an anime happening, as much as I'd want to. Given the length PokeSpe has been running for, you'd think if it was going to get an anime it would have one by now.
    Well, this poll might tell studios that Special has fans who want to see it animated and if they make an Anime out of it, maybe it'll be popular. It might get The Pokemon Company and Media Factory thinking about it more as they may've been unsure at first.

I suppose that with an Anime already, they never saw a point to adapt any of the Manga. But with this poll, they might start taking things into consideration.

Please excuse me if I seem way too optimistic. I just have a tendency to look more on the bright side with opportunities like these.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    What makes you think that PokeSpe will be any "darker" animated? Granted, it's not out of the question but we don't know that. Plus, it's nothing to cry about.
    I didn't say it would be darker.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

I didn't say it would be darker.
    Oh, sorry for misunderstanding.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I would be so super excited if it got an anime. Well, actually, I'd only care to see Black & White. Aw, yeah. Finally get to see my darling N in an anime. Which is all I really want. Oh, but I'd like it to be darker.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

What they should do. Which I still cannot fathom WHY considering this is a multi-billion dollar franchise. Is make OVA's. Special yould be perfect for that. You don't run as much risk of ruining the source material, you cater to a different audience and don't conflict with the main anime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    What they should do. Which I still cannot fathom WHY considering this is a multi-billion dollar franchise. Is make OVA's. Special yould be perfect for that. You don't run as much risk of ruining the source material, you cater to a different audience and don't conflict with the main anime.
    The trouble with the average OVAs is that if there are few episodes so we might get something akin to Viz's "Best of"s and I'm sure we don't want that. Is it possible to make OVAs with more then ten episodes? Twenty perhaps?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Fans let Media Factory know that they want an animated adaptation of SPECIAL

Japanese animation studios don't really do OVAs anymore.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast