Edits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edits

is an overweight rodent FatBunny's Avatar

Default Edits

As far as I know, in RBG the only major edit was Blue and her lack of pokéboobs.

So my question is: in the English releases of Special, are there any other big edits?

(I'm going to start buying the manga, probably just GSC and RS since those are my favorites. I mean I'll still buy them if they have some edits, but it is still something that bothers me.)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Edits

You mean art edits or just changing things in dialogue? And if the latter, do mistakes count as well?

Anything and everything, actually.

They are using the exact same dialogue from the first printing, so I'm sure there are some dialogue edits
    [/URL]

Blog Entries

If you're going to buy GSC, I suggest you buy them from Viz's new English releases come August 3rd. Don't buy the Singaporean English version. The translation is good, but sometimes they use wrong terms, such as calling the Bellsprout Tower the "Bellsprout Pagoda," and they have quite a few errors and inconsistencies when it comes to locations and names. For ex. Red calls Mt. Silver Shirogane mountain and one of the chapters has Parasect's Japanese name. Chuang Yi's releases are alright, but now that Viz is releasing them, I say go with their release, especially since it'll cost you less in the long run. There shouldn't be any edits GSC-onward seeing how we don't really get anything like Blue's Pokeboob trick. Maybe a few errors in dialogue, but nothing too major.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

who's willing to bet they're gonna remove ruby's bleeding face?

but yeah only the pokeboobs have been taken out so far (jerks)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

There are a few errors in Viz's Second Printings. For example, in one of the volume openers, it gives Gym Leaders the wrong names, and at one point Slowpoke is called "Slowpoké".

Apart from that, from my memory, the only notable things are Blue's and Green's names being swapped, and the Pokéboob (which led to dialogue in that scene being changed)

Thank you very much, everyone!

And ok, looks like I'll be waiting till August then. Agh, for some reason I almost forgot about Blue 'n Green's name switch.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    There shouldn't be any edits GSC-onward
    * The scene where Gold meets Blue
    * Ruby's bleeding face in his flashback in RS
    * A lot of the ending of the RS arc
    * When Orm gets killed
    * Archie's flashback about killing Maxie in Emerald
    * Archie dying after being separated from the armor

Pokémon White

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    * The scene where Gold meets Blue
    * Ruby's bleeding face in his flashback in RS
    * A lot of the ending of the RS arc
    * When Orm gets killed
    * Archie's flashback about killing Maxie in Emerald
    * Archie dying after being separated from the armor
    I don't think they'll change that stuff if they left in things from DPA intact. Pooemon Adventures isn't as "dark and for older audiences" as people seem to think. It's for 6-year olds to 10-year old. in Japan just as the VizKids label suggests it is for kids here. Besides, they don't seem to have any problem with death or any mention of it seeing how they actually keep it intact in the RBG and Yellow sagas. If worst comes to worst, they'll just get rid of the VizKids label. Adventures really isn't as dark as people make it sound though, the story is very light, even with the "deaths" in the RS saga, which aren't even deaths at all thanks to the crappy ending.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I don't think they'll change that stuff if they left in things from DPA intact. Pooemon Adventures isn't as "dark and for older audiences" as people seem to think. It's for 6-year olds to 10-year old. in Japan just as the VizKids label suggests it is for kids here. Besides, they don't seem to have any problem with death or any mention of it seeing how they actually keep it intact in the RBG and Yellow sagas. If worst comes to worst, they'll just get rid of the VizKids label. Adventures really isn't as dark as people make it sound though, the story is very light, even with the "deaths" in the RS saga, which aren't even deaths at all thanks to the crappy ending.
    Yeah but that stuff will still probably be taken out. The scene with Blue vs. Sabrina wasn't as bad as some of the stuff I listed.

Pokémon White

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    Yeah but that stuff will still probably be taken out. The scene with Blue vs. Sabrina wasn't as bad as some of the stuff I listed.
    The scene with Blue and Sabrina was a giant closeup of something they thought to be provocative. IIRC, the scene between Blue and Gold was just a small comedic panel.

All the "deaths" are major events in the story that's next to impossible to change or alter even with dialogue. It's like the scene in the Yellow saga where Giovanni threatens to kill Lance with his Beedrill's pin to his neck. There's no way to change that. The Ruby thing could be changed, but seeing how they left the scene in the RBG saga where Red is injured and has a bleeding and limping leg intact, then I doubt they'll airbrush Ruby's blood. Not to mention there are even scenes in the VizKids version where characters - Red comes to mind - curse, but they use symbols such as !@#$% to block it out like they do in the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga(rated Teen).

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Archie's "death" isn't even much. He disappears in a flash of light. For that matter, we only have tangental evidence that Maxie's dead, anyway.

Ruby's bleeding face is nothing. It's a minor head wound. You faceplant on the driveway when you're riding your bike and you'll end up with worse.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokeslob View Post
    They are using the exact same dialogue from the first printing, so I'm sure there are some dialogue edits
    It's not quite identical, but you can tell they reused 98% of it. (I was bored and had no life so I actually compared it).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    It's not quite identical, but you can tell they reused 98% of it. (I was bored and had no life so I actually compared it).
    That actually makes me wonder if they're going to reuse the dialogue of the Chuang Yi versions, which would make no sense seeing how Singaporean English is different from U.S. English and would look sort of awkward, but it'd be better than nothing, I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast