Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DP Quiz Book

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Default Re: DP Quiz Book

Is it an Official book or fan-made...?

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Don't see why would it be bootleg. Japanese really don't publish unofficial books (not to mention that a bootleg would have to contain fictional or dramatically altered "Pokemon" designs and names, to avoid lawsuits, otherwise it would go unpublished, but there are no such books in Japan after all [in Western World, there are]).

And those books are available in most Japanese bookstores.

There's no way it could be unofficial.

Also, the art style is very similar to the short Pokemon anime episode mangas from Pokemon Wonderland.

There are really many never-published-outside-Japan official books on Pokemon. Many of them contain unique art or info. Their contents are unknown to us.
    Last edited by Maxim Posthumus; 5th February 2010 at 04:51 PM.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, there's lots of fan-made books in Japan--they're called doujinshi. However, this is official. Only real books have ISBNs.

Or did you mean official as opposed to those "unauthorized guides"? No, this is authorized.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Posthumus View Post
    Also, the art style is very similar to the short Pokemon anime episode mangas from Pokemon Wonderland.
    There was also promotional Platinum art that had that sort of cutsey art style.

Is there one that had Cyrus's grandfather who lived in the desert at the north-eastern island or was this book pre-Platinum?

Blog Entries

This book is pre-Platinum. There's no Shaymin, no Arceus, no Darkrai, and Giratina is only in its Altered Forme. Also there's very little about TG in the book in general. Only one question specifically about them (it's about which commander doesn't use the pokemon they're pictured with--Jupiter doesn't have a Hippowdon) and there's references to them in two more (one is about who it is that follows Volkner around with Cyrus as an incorrect answer (although they *are* from the same town...), and the other is the one about what your mother used to do with Galactic Grunt as an incorrect answer).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Well, there's lots of fan-made books in Japan--they're called doujinshi.
    Sure, but doujinshis are mangas, comics. I don't consider them in the same league as game guides or anything like that. So, I didn't think of them. But indeed, there are lots of them. They aren't normally sold, though.

Anyway, I would really buy the FR/LG one if I only had money and buying occassion... Well, C'est la vie...

I'm now collecting the characters from the DP book.

From the scanned pages I collected:

Lucas, Dawn, Barry, Roark, Maylene, Byron, Volkner, Aaron, Bertha (bad shot), Flint, Lucian, Cynthia, Palmer (bad shot), Mira, Riley, Marley, Buck, Oak, Elm, Birch, Jasmine, Norman, Lorelei, Cyrus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Johanna

And minor characters (MOST WANTED!): Amity Square Entry Girl, Backlot (bad shot), Backlot's Butler, Bug Catcher, Happiny Egg Guy, Julia, Maylene's Father, Move Relearner and Underground Man.

But I'm sure that there are more. Yay for minor characters!

Looks kind of like some of the TCG artwork to me. I think it is official.

Blog Entries

I already said it's official. It has an ISBN. If you can get Japanese books, you can order it for yourself.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Also, seems like the book for FRLG is grayscale. However, I'd still love to see it... Also, sucks that Yahoo Auctions don't ship worldwide (I happen to have a Yahoo Japan account).

Also, more DP Book scans (especially those showing "rare" [not artworked] characters) would be appreciated greatly.

Blog Entries

They don't as a whole? Because it seems to me that would be up to the individual seller.

Anyway, if you have the ISBN, I might be able to order it still from Kinokuniya.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Anyway, if you have the ISBN, I might be able to order it still from Kinokuniya.
    FRLG: ISBN4-09-281191-8
    RS: ISBN4-09-281185-3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12