Do you expect them to reveal certain parents in Pokespe?

Thread: Do you expect them to reveal certain parents in Pokespe?

Blog Entries

Default Do you expect them to reveal certain parents in Pokespe?

I've noticed that Red is basically the only protagonist with no reference to his parents or any family. That seems a bit sketchy. I have heard they were referred to once, in a way, when he said he had no relatives. If so, how was he raised? Foster care?

Quite a few parents haven't been seen yet or barely referred to.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you expect them to reveal certain parents in Pokespe?

Yeah, in the FRLG saga he jokingly said maybe he's weak because he has no family to fight for, or something like that. Maybe he DID grow up in an orphanage though. But... he has his own house... You know, he reminds me of Naruto, who was an orphan but lived on his own while making a name for himself throughout his home town.

I hope they never reveal his parents(if he has any, we all know he does in the games) because I consider it an interesting part of his character. Every other Dex Holder has family seen in the story but his, so it adds depth to his once bland and generic character. No Dex Holder is missing any family in the PokeSpe manga, they've all been shown once sans Red's:

Blue - Prof. Oak.
    Green - Her mom and dad are plot devices for her in FRLG.
    Yellow - Uncle Wilson.
    Gold - His mom.
    Silver - Giovanni.
    Chris - Her mom.
    Ruby - Norman.
    Sapphire - Prof. Birch
    Emerald - Orphan, was sent to various family members.
    Dia - His mother.
    Pearl - Palmer.
    Platinum - Her father.

The only ones who's parents haven't been shown or mentioned are Blue's and Yellow's, but Prof. Oak amd Uncle Wilson more or less take care of those roles for them.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As a person pointed out in PC. We need a "Perfect edition" to add extra story lines about the Dex Holders backgrounds. :3

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I don't think Red needs any relatives (don't ask me to explain that, though; it's... complicated )

However, the way it got pointed out in the series... I think we might get to know a thing or two in the future, if the potential B&W doesn't only reboot the whole route and dex like in the games, but also the PokeSpe universe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Yeah, in the FRLG saga he jokingly said maybe he's weak because he has no family to fight for, or something like that. Maybe he DID grow up in an orphanage though. But... he has his own house... You know, he reminds me of Naruto, who was an orphan but lived on his own while making a name for himself throughout his home town.
    Wait, what?! He has a house?! When? Where? How?

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

Red has his own house as seen in the GSC saga. He's talking to Bill over his PC(IIRC it was Bill or Prof. Oak...) about the Gym Leader Exams, then Misty and Brock show up at his doorstep. Also, in the Yellow saga, when they show Red training, the postman is on the way to Red's house to give him his mail(which turned out to be a challenge letter sent by the Elite 4).
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Red has his own house as seen in the GSC saga. He's talking to Bill over his PC(IIRC it was Bill or Prof. Oak...) about the Gym Leader Exams, then Misty and Brock show up at his doorstep. Also, in the Yellow saga, when they show Red training, the postman is on the way to Red's house to give him his mail(which turned out to be a challenge letter sent by the Elite 4).
    Hee hee hee... Sorry, I'm so dumb and have such a faulty memory...

I wonder now, though: he has no relatives (said so himself, I think? FRLG, correct if wrong... again), but obviously he has to come from somewhere, and he has a house, so, eh, did they die and left him a "reasonable" inheritance? Or were they alive until some time before he actually mentioned he has no relatives? (this is where we all pick up a tissue...)

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

When he first appeared, Red was a very generic Shonen comic hero. You weren't supposed to care about things such as his parents or such, plus they(his mother) never really mattered in the actual games. Unlike the other Dex Holder's parents sans Blue's, Platinum's, and Dia's IIRC, they actually had relevence in the games(Ex. Gold's mom would save money for you, Ruby's dad is Norman, Pearl's father is Palmer, etc.). Kusaka-sensei probably figured that introducing Red's mom would be useless seeing how she never did/does anything.