Diamond & Pearl Chapter Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond & Pearl Chapter Question

Default Diamond & Pearl Chapter Question

Is the Diamond & Pearl chapter of Pokemon Special still ongoing or has it ended?
    You're never too old to play video games!!

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Diamond & Pearl Chapter Question

We're assuming it ended when Platinum started.

Hope I helped.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

DP ended after the defeat of Cyrus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pika View Post
    DP ended after the defeat of Cyrus
    Maybe in Diamond and Pearl Adventure, but not so the Diamond and Pearl chapter of Pokemon Special. He remains pretty fine.

...perhaps we should ask our friend to clarify?

More fanfiction at:

Quote Originally Posted by Kayi Rowling View Post
    Maybe in Diamond and Pearl Adventure, but not so the Diamond and Pearl chapter of Pokemon Special. He remains pretty fine.

...perhaps we should ask our friend to clarify?
    If you're talking about me clarifying, I said in my first post that I was talking about Pokemon Special.

We're assuming it ended when Platinum started.

Hope I helped.
    Whatitsname is Mespirit, by the way.

Also, what number is the last round of the DP chapter? On Bulbapedia, it goes up to 408(overall) or up to 79(DP chapter only). Or are there some rounds in the DP chapter that haven't been added to the list on Bulbapedia yet?
    Last edited by mbruno; 8th September 2010 at 10:23 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbruno View Post
    If you're talking about me clarifying, I said in my first post that I was talking about Pokemon Special.

Whatitsname is Mespirit, by the way.

Also, what number is the last round of the DP chapter? On Bulbapedia, it goes up to 408(overall) or up to 79(DP chapter only). Or are there some rounds in the DP chapter that haven't been added to the list on Bulbapedia yet?
    Bulbapedia tends to add the ones that are available. Since the page only gets updated when a new JP volume is released...

Blog Entries

Yeah, I know that, but Pika didn't read it so s/he assumed Cyrus has been defeated... which has only happened in other manga, such as Diamond and Pearl Adventure.

Or are there some rounds in the DP chapter that haven't been added to the list on Bulbapedia yet?
    There's also only 408 or up to 79 in Serebii; I guess that's the final round for the DP chapter (79).

More fanfiction at:

There's also only 408 or up to 79 in Serebii; I guess that's the final round for the DP chapter (79).
    Though, the synopsis for 79 on Serebii doesn't make it seem like it's the last one. I have a felling that there may be a couple more that haven't been added yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredPikachu! View Post
    Bulbapedia tends to add the ones that are available. Since the page only gets updated when a new JP volume is released...
    But, if you look at the list of rounds for the DP chapter on Bulbapedia, there are a few rounds listed after volume 36, the latest JP volume.

Blog Entries

Though, the synopsis for 79 on Serebii doesn't make it seem like it's the last one. I have a felling that there may be a couple more that haven't been added yet.
    For all we know, there might be more; the Serebii forums are a good place to look.

Also, consider the possibility that the authors got their heels stepped on by the release of the Platinum game, and had to shift too quickly to that chapter without publishing the Diamond and Pearl conclusion. Now that Heart Gold and Soul Silver came over, the same has happened to the Platinum chapter; and it'll soon happen all over again, with Black and White. However, I trust the authors have already made the rest of the missing rounds, at least for Diamond and Pearl, but they couldn't get anyone to publish them, so we'll have to wait until the volumes come around.

...I tell you this because I have no idea about the Diamond and Pearl "conclusion"; I haven't heard anything aside from what I posted at first about the group splitting up.

More fanfiction at:

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I know that, but Pika didn't read it so s/he assumed Cyrus has been defeated... which has only happened in other manga, such as Diamond and Pearl Adventure.

he

and I may not have read it I am up to date thanks to coronis' summaries so I do know the end with the "fist bump"

that's the official last chapter for the DP arc

they're apparently going to add more in the Tankoban though

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last we saw of him in Special, he was getting sucked into a weird light after getting his bony zombie ass kicked on the Spear Pillar.

Also, DPA's DP arc didn't end with that, but went a few chapters on. The ultimate "boss battle" of DPA's DP arc wasn't Cyrus but Palkia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Last we saw of him in Special, he was getting sucked into a weird light after getting his bony zombie ass kicked on the Spear Pillar.

Also, DPA's DP arc didn't end with that, but went a few chapters on. The ultimate "boss battle" of DPA's DP arc wasn't Cyrus but Palkia.
    oh rofl...

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No seriously, he's like, painfully thin in Special. It's really bizarre.

Also he was beat up when he got there since he'd just come off being hit by a Draco Meteor from Cynthia's Garchomp and proceeded to berate her for it not being as powerful as it could be. I...think he was implying that if she'd really come at him with all her strength, it should have killed him. So screwed up.

Blog Entries

But I thought they did defeat Cyrus in the DP arc already. IIRC they have the battle on Serebii, with Dia explaining what real "time and space" is then Cyrus is dedeated... or something.

Here's something that seems to clear things up.

A quote from Coronis on the Serebii.Net Forums:
    There are approximately 12 magazines chapters left unpublished, which would no doubt fill up Vol. 37, perhaps even exceeding its capacity since those final chapters a bit long. So guess it's safe to say Vol. 37 will still be all about DP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast