Capsule Monsters Manga Value?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capsule Monsters Manga Value?

Post Capsule Monsters Manga Value?

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/manga/pocket_monsters/volume_one_01.html

<del>What exactly is this manga, Vol. 1 worth? I heard it's still in print, and I also heard its the most rare item. But that was probably just nonsense. Let me know ^_^ This will be good to be informed about, and also highly interesting.</del>

Edit: Thanks so much! Now I know the manga is not so rare, still in print, and obtainable. Also, had the title wrong.
    Last edited by LugiaChan; 9th June 2010 at 12:49 AM.

Default Re: Capsule Monsters Manga Value?

Lol why did you call it capsule monsters?

anyway, this manga is a gag manga with Red, Pikachu, and Clefairy as main characters.
    It's essentially the longest running Pocket Monster manga, because its still running today.

as far as its worth, check out nipponexport.com and benippon.com to see if you can find it new, and ebay for used (it might be slightly more expensive used)
    [/URL]

Or Ebay for English versions. Chuang Yi published about 20 volumes of the series.

Be warned that it seems to be annoyingly rare, though. Most English Pokemon manga is pretty easy to get ahold of, but this one is strangely elusive.

The Japanese version is incredibly common, though. "Most rare item" is indeed nonsense.

:D
    So.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Given the subject line, I think you have Pocket Monsters (which is rather common) confused with Capsule Monsters (which is extremely rare). Pocket monsters is the comic with the weird Clefairy, while Capsule Monsters is the prototype comic that later led to Pokemon itself.

Talking Re: Capsule Monsters Manga Value?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Given the subject line, I think you have Pocket Monsters (which is rather common) confused with Capsule Monsters (which is extremely rare). Pocket monsters is the comic with the weird Clefairy, while Capsule Monsters is the prototype comic that later led to Pokemon itself.
    Ooooh! that makes sense! Thank you so much!!! ^_^ I'm guessing the prototype is standard papers and was not copied and sold out as a mas produced product- which is why it has a huge value? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Or Ebay for English versions. Chuang Yi published about 20 volumes of the series.

Be warned that it seems to be annoyingly rare, though. Most English Pokemon manga is pretty easy to get ahold of, but this one is strangely elusive.

The Japanese version is incredibly common, though. "Most rare item" is indeed nonsense.

:D
    :O Lovely photo! That's awesome :D!!!! Is that all yours? :0 brilliant.
    I hope to read someday, i'm very grateful for this knowledge you've brought here ^.^ Gosh, wow, manga explosion @.*

Yeah, that's part of my collection. I got 69 volumes of various English-translated Pokemon manga in total.
    So.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    When I saw capsule monsters my mind automatically went to Yu - Gi - Oh vol. 3, because it was the name of the game Mokuba plays when he is first introduced. lol

also, question, is the english version of "Pocket Monsters" flipped like Special was from singapore?
    [/URL]

No. The Singaporean Special release is only flipped because their 7 first volumes are rereleases of the Viz ones (though with the bonus content Viz ignored until the recent reissues included), and they wanted consistency for the entire series. All their completely self-handled releases are unflipped.

(same reason the Norwegian Ranma releases are flipped, too. Damn flip-happy Americans)
    So.

No. The Singaporean Special release is only flipped because their 7 first volumes are rereleases of the Viz ones (though with the bonus content Viz ignored until the recent reissues included), and they wanted consistency for the entire series. All their completely self-handled releases are unflipped.

(same reason the Norwegian Ranma releases are flipped, too. Damn flip-happy Americans)
    The reason I ask is because I bought the Love Hina manga in english and they were flipped as well, reversely the Tokyo Pop releases for Love Hina were unflipped, so I just assumed that all Chuang Yi manga were flipped
    [/URL]

Huh, that's odd. But yeah, no, they're unflipped.
    Here's a random example of the English release:
    So.

Huh, that's odd. But yeah, no, they're unflipped.
    Here's a random example of the English release:
    lol nice, where can I buy the english ones?
    ( I tried ebay already -.- )
    [/URL]

Why do you guys call these Capsule monsters? They are pocket monsters. Capsule monsters is something of Kazuki Takahashi's creation.

Quote Originally Posted by cohenmarioman View Post
    Why do you guys call these Capsule monsters? They are pocket monsters. Capsule monsters is something of Kazuki Takahashi's creation.
    already said that a little bit ago, haha
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by pokeslob View Post
    already said that a little bit ago, haha
    I noticed. But still, a man took a long hard time creating manga with Capsule Monsters in them, I think it should not be credited as Pokemon material, becuase Pokemon is Pocket Monsters, and was only Capsule monsters as prototype.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast