Best Special/Adventures Chapter?

View Poll Results: Best Adventures Chapter?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Blue Green Chapter

12 26.09%
  • Yellow Chapter

3 6.52%
  • Gold Silver Crystal Chapter

9 19.57%
  • Ruby Sapphire Chapter

13 28.26%
  • Fire Red Leaf Green Chapter

4 8.70%
  • Emerald Chapter

2 4.35%
  • Diamond Pearl Chapter

2 4.35%
  • Platinum Chapter

0 0%
  • Heart Gold Soul Silver Chapter

1 2.17%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Special/Adventures Chapter?

Blog Entries

Default Best Special/Adventures Chapter?

What's the best chapter in your opinion? I say the GSC one and I'll elaborate as to why later.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Default Re: Best Special/Adventures Chapter?

1. GSC
    2. FRLG
    3. Yellow
    Last edited by Shiny Noctowl; 20th July 2010 at 07:39 AM.

Pokémon White

I like R/S, FRLG, GSC, Yellow, and RGB the best out of all of them.

But probably GSC, it's the one I go back to read the most often.
    Last edited by Quest; 19th July 2010 at 11:10 PM.
    Under Construction
    My FC: 3095-1554-4236

My DeviantArt Page
    -- I claimed Kris <3

I'd have to go with either GSC or RGB, I can't decide which one I like better.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Blog Entries

The original GSC games didn't have much of a plot that made it different from the RBGY games. The manga fixed that issue. Lets start with the characters.

We have our protagonist, Gold. Gold's made of all kinds of awesome and isn't just a Red-clone. He's like the Joseph Joestar of Pokemon Adventures. His character is well-written, and his team is original and unorthodox, along with his battle style. Then there's Silver who's calm demeanor is reminiscent of Green's in the previous saga, but his methods are way different and sort of similar to Blue's. Not only that, but the GSC saga fleshed out a lot of characters from the RBGY saga. We got to learn more about Yellow, we see Lt. Surge doing his own venture, the Gym Leader tournament arc gave us good conflict and the whole thing with Mask of Ice was good too. I thought he was a very good villain for the series, especially during the times where it seemed that he was more of a magnificent bastard than Giovanni himself. I mean, look at the feats he pulled off: catching two Legendary(mascot) Pokemon with little effort; actually achieving his goal; resurrecting Team Rocket. Then there's the original characters that get more story even when the game did very little for them, such as Shum and Kart.

Second, I think this saga was the most clever of all. Creating an original plot loosely based on the games - Hidenori-sensei really pulled that off well. The first chapter(not counting Yellow) followed the game's story pretty well for a loose adaption. GSC seemed to be the only one that had it's own story going on, along with RSE.

Third, the art was pretty good too. You can tell MATO's drawing improved by the time this saga rolled around. Unfortunately, I can't say I like Satoshi-sensei's art from volume 10 to 15 because it seemed like he was just trying to copy MATO's style until the RS saga came around, then he created his own unique style.

So yeah, that's why I like the GSC arc and think it's the best one. The Yellow Chapter comes in a close second, however as it had some of the best battles in the entire series.
    Last edited by NeoKING; 19th July 2010 at 07:35 PM.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

My favorite chapters are the Ruby & Sapphire and FireRed & LeafGreen chapters.

The reason for liking the Ruby & Sapphire chapter was the plot. I loved the Hoenn games and the plot was different than the first 3 chapters. It had deaths, though they were brought back to life. Also, in my opinion, this is where the manga starts to take a slightly dark tone with death and violence. Same goes with FireRed & LeafGreen with its ending leading to the Emerald chapter.

Blog Entries

Poll added.

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

I love the RS arc the most, followed by GSC. RS had excellent character development (especially with Ruby) and GSC had a fantastic plot.

has left the building

Ruby and Sapphire arc first followed by RGB arc then Y arc and GSC.
    FR and LG are short and sweet though not a fan of the Emerald or DP and Platinum arcs. Not looked at HG/SS yet so no opinion.

*rules with cotton fist* Kayi-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In order:
    -GSC (same reasons as NeoKING, actually)
    -HGSS (because Gold and Silver are hot at 16, and I need no other reason!)
    -FRLG (SIRD! And the small family story; I love family stories)
    -RS (Ruby! ...and Mimi)
    -RBG (Red was cool, Green was... fine, Blue was awesome, and Giovanni was evil and stylish, unlike his orange-clad anime counterpart)
    -Yw (Yellow is cute, and Lance is horribly misguided)
    -Em (Emerald has character development from "complete jerk" to "decent guy," and looks like Manta Oyamada from Shaman King, endearing me to death; the plot is otherwise boring)
    -DP (boring)
    -Pt (never read it, so it's at the bottom)
    Last edited by Kayi-chan; 20th July 2010 at 09:21 AM.

2010/08/02: 4th chapter

More fanfiction at:
    Kayi S. Rowling's Library

Blog Entries

Very difficult question, as there hasn't been a chapter I didn't love, but I'd have to say the GSC chapter. The plot is fantastic, Pryce is an amazing villain (am I the only one who cried near the end of the story?), the Kanto/Johto gym leader battle tournament had me gripped and Gold, Silver and Crystal all got good focus. Plus, the old characters turned up too (Blue with the three legendary birds!!). Anyway, Neoking explains the brilliance of GSC much better than me.

special mentions to RBG (loved the characters, loved the battles, loved the evil gym leaders), RS (awww, come on, Ruby and Norman's backstory, how can you not love it? and Sapphire sniffing Pokemon butts? :p) and Yw for a spectacular final battle.
    But wait, FRLG! and Emerald! They were also great! aargh it is too difficult to choose!

(Haven't really seen enough of DP to judge. Like it so far, though.)

Blog Entries

I've gotta give the Yellow saga it's props though; it was probably the most clever chapter yet. I mean, Pikachu using Substitute to learn Surf? Hyper Beams that change directions? Colored Bubble Beams that become invisible under light? Ice voodoo dolls? That chapter had some of the best battles ever, and I hope the HGSS arc follows up on that trend since the HGSS games take tropes from the Yellow version, such as being released on it's anniversary and having Pokemon walk with you ala Pikachu. We've already seen that in the HGSS manga with Lance getting more focus, so I'm hoping to see some more clever battles from everyone, Gold and Silver especially. It's going to be amazing to see how much stronger Gold got after training with Red, because the Emerald saga really didn't show us much of that.

Yellow had the best battles by a country mile, but I think Ruby/Sapphire had the best storyline and character progression, so I voted that.
    Soul Silver FC: 1334 0950 5927

I voted FR/LG. So far this is the arc which is the most serious and has the least relaxing scenes. Maybe its because it don't have to introduce any new main characters and can just directly proceed to the main story. It is also an arc which has many hidden plots reserved for the other arcs, for example the whereabouts of Mewtwo is what i wanted to know most.
    HGSS friend code (Gold, 07702): 5414 3602 7659

Current Project - Study (sob...)
    Best result in breeding: Calm Snover with 5 flawless IV (SpD 6...) No RNG!!

Offer thread: Click

LF: Good IV Serene Grace Bold/Timid Chansey/Blissey with Counter and Aromatherapy (Gen 3 exclusive).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm going with the Emerald and D/P chapters. I read all of Emerald, and I'm on the first few volumes of D/P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast