Anime of Pokémon Special

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime of Pokémon Special

Default Anime of Pokémon Special

They should make an anime based off of Pokémon Special. It would certainly be a lot better than the pile of garbage that the anime is right now.

Emily, giant MoI fan. :3 FlameRose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anime of Pokémon Special

Hey, some of us LIKE the anime! >:(

I say Special would be a bad TV show. Why? It's too...fast paced for television, IMO. Great for a thrilling manga, but not for TV. Just my opinion, though.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

*facepalm*

YET ANOTHER thread on this.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me, I'd like to see an anime based off Magical Pokemon Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim Menschevick View Post
    *facepalm*

YET ANOTHER thread on this.
    It's not as bad as certain other forums.

I'd love one along with a MPJ and DPA anime, but it's not gonna happen. I would prefer it to be an OVA, but that's not gonna happen either. xD

Unfortunately, the closest we'll ever get to a PokeSpe anime is something similar to the treament Pocket Monsters got.

Though if it ever became an anime, I would love it to death and would faint upon hearing the news.
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 31st October 2009 at 04:15 PM.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

So long as 4Kids stayed FAR AWAY from it.

It might be a good anime, despite the fast paceness.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

The Special plot and characters make it so there is a lot of potential for a great anime. I would want a more adult anime as opposed to the sometimes-cheesy and childlike version we have now. I love it, but something new would be cool too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    They should make an anime based off of Pokémon Special. It would certainly be a lot better than the pile of garbage that the anime is right now.
    This.

Honestly, I never understood why they didn't just base the anime off of PokeSpe after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    This.

Honestly, I never understood why they didn't just base the anime off of PokeSpe after all.
    The anime came before Special, although Pocket Monsters (the first manga) came before the anime, but it was a gag manga. If they were to wait for Special, it would be too long of a wait and the anime's main purpose was and currently is being a 30-minute advertisement for the games. Special has more than that. I love the anime, but that IS it's purpose, there's nothing more to it.

It might be a good anime, despite the fast paceness
    As long as it didn't have several fillers. Then again, the fandom considers everything a filler, so the fandumb would consider it horrible no matter what.

For now, all we got are (excellent) fakes from Pixiv.

Blog Entries

Wait, wut? What's Pixiv?

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a fanart site. Japanese. You need a membership to see anything past a thumbnail.

Base the anime off Special? Look, Special's good and all, but it's not the freaking' be-all and end-all of the Pokemon franchise. There's tons of good stories out there and yes, some of them are even in the current anime.

I thought this was announcing the possibility of it for two seconds. Got my hopes up. XD

Honestly, I would love it. It would be a refreshing way to view all of the characters, and I think the way PokéSpe portrays the Pokémon world is a lot more realistic than the anime, in some ways. It's a good story, more character development than the anime (imo), and is just... interesting. I like the anime we have, but having a PokéSpe one would be awesome^48902. <3
    ♫♪
    GPX+ 'mons. If you like, feed them whatever your soul desires!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Base the anime off Special? Look, Special's good and all, but it's not the freaking' be-all and end-all of the Pokemon franchise. There's tons of good stories out there and yes, some of them are even in the current anime.
    This. It'd be incredibly boring if we only had Special's stories and the games'. It's interesting to have a wide variety of canons and to compare. Not to mention, it's hard to get bored with the Pokemon franchise with the myraid of mangas, cards, etc. Not to mention Special wouldn't be a good advertisement in the form of an anime, it works really well as a manga. I think it would be amazing as an anime/OVA, but I don't want it to be the *main* anime, just a couple of specials or a spin-off.

Emily, giant MoI fan. :3 FlameRose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another problem: if they started from Chapter 1, VS Mew...it's going to have to revert back to 150 Pokemon, which won't make sense to the target crowd, who are currently growing up with 493. I agree with Raine that it'd be great as a few specials from something like Pokemon Chronicles, but awful as the main anime.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think they'd ever do it. Some characters are completely different in special compared to the anime, and it would confuse kids to see characters with basically the same design act totally different.

Probably the biggest difference is May and Sapphire. One is a regular girl who likes Contests and the other is a jungle girl who has fangs and wears leaves over her body. With personalities as drastically different as this, how can the shows air side by side without little kids being confused? They might even thing its the same universe or continuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast