Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Hey, can we get back on topic instead of turning this into yet another "let's complain about what we don't have instead of being grateful for what we do" thread? That'd be swell.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on December 18th, 2014

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Well, did anyone ask for DPA? No one had really heard of it. But Viz took a gamble that paid off.

Besides, all they have to do with a Ranger or Colo comic would be basically what they did with the MD comic.

And Dogasu, the point is that it's basically more of the same. We've had movie comics and we've had Special. And since movie comics are one-shots, all we'll have is Special and nothing else. Now we have DPA but only for another month.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Still, do we have to be so freakin' ungrateful? Shouldn't we be celebrating the fact that Viz is releasing a non-Special book instead of whining about what we don't have? Isn't the "Arceus and the Jewel of Life" adaptation exactly the kind of release we want Viz to put out?

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Well, did anyone ask for DPA? No one had really heard of it. But Viz took a gamble that paid off.
    That's beside the point. DPA was serialized at around the same time as the game originals, which, as we all know, were a gold mine in almost any country where they were sold. Ranger's comic, on the other hand, neither had the game original that was that well-received, nor did it even reach a wide enough audience for a gamble to be considered not-so-risky for Viz to proceed, really. Plus, it's been 4 years since Ranger came out in both Japan and America, without a huge following like Special, so a lot of people wouldn't take well to it being released like a ragtag ploy now, really.

All my 2 cents, of course.

Besides, all they have to do with a Ranger or Colo comic would be basically what they did with the MD comic.
    Was the mysterydungeon comic even published in Japanese bound to tankobans? Again, I dislike spin-offs and the manga based on them, so I neither know much about them nor have the patience to find out.

And Dogasu, the point is that it's basically more of the same. We've had movie comics and we've had Special. And since movie comics are one-shots, all we'll have is Special and nothing else. Now we have DPA but only for another month.
    Although I dislike most of what Dogasu says in general, the point about there being only Special to be released still stands, I guess. This isn't to say we should all send death threats at Viz's doorstep to release more Pokimanga, though. They've released manga before Special within a year of the games' release, and they've expanded to other stuff since then, much more than we need, so demanding Ranger without there being a tankoban version first is a little... yah.

Hell, this'd be comparable to asking Viz to release the BW arc of Special before the Japanese get them because the chapters would be out later this year or the next.

Blog Entries

Ranger is just an example.

Dogasu, seriously, what do you want us to do? Viz is basically giving the fanbase just above bare minimum and you're saying we should be grateful that one is higher than zero? We shouldn't aspire or even talk about the greater potential that they're not tapping?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You still didn't answer my question, though, about the mystery dungeon thing? Since I recall it having a distinct cover art when it came out in America, it certainly was given the opportunity to reach more of an audience than an online comic given out to subscribers, methinks.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Both Mystery Dungeon comics have been released in graphic novel format in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Masked Marauder
    Dogasu, seriously, what do you want us to do? Viz is basically giving the fanbase just above bare minimum and you're saying we should be grateful that one is higher than zero? We shouldn't aspire or even talk about the greater potential that they're not tapping?
    In a thread dedicated to announcing what is being released? No.

This thread wasn't created to be a "let's bitch about Viz" thread.

Blog Entries

So...you've announced it. Now we're discussing the subject of releases. I consider that to be firmly on-topic.

And Kenshi, I didn't understand the question, frankly.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I completely disagree and think that you've steered this thread horribly off-topic, but you're the manga mod here, not me.

I'll stay out of this thread from now on.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    And Kenshi, I didn't understand the question, frankly.
    You couldn't "understand" the following?

Was the mysterydungeon comic even published in Japanese, bound to tankobans?
    o_0

Yeah, I think I'll just about take my leave from this thread in a while. Bitching about manga in their own section kinda gets old, fast.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it wasn't puncuated so I didn't know what "even published in Japanese bound to tankobons" meant.

Dogasu, I think we just have a different definition of "topic" then. There's only so much you can say about a list of dates.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Typos sadly manage to elude me not as often as I'd hope.

Just a question (as I've yet to familiarize myself with DPA much), on what schedule was DPA released by, volume to volume? Bimonthly, once every 3 months, four, that kinda thing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12