Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Looks like Amazon's updated with a few new titles:

Pokemon Arceus and the Jewel of Life - February 1st, 2011
    Pokemon Adventures Volume 11 - February 1st, 2011
    Pokemon Adventures Volume 12 - April 5th, 2011

Nice to see Viz pick up another movie adaptation. They're kind of a year and a half late on that, but whatever.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 25th, 2014

Blog Entries

Default Re: Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Count me as pleased. :P

Hmm, that makes three Pokémon graphic novels released on the same day. Craziness!
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Amazon updates with more Viz releases - Adventures, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

I'm always happy to hear about new Adventures volumes and the covers look pretty cool. I'm kind of surprised that they're also releasing the Arceus manga, but that's pretty cool still. Maybe it's a possible sign that they'll release the movie on DVD in the not too distant future too.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I'd heard about the Adventures volumes before (not sure where they were posted but we've had the release dates on Bulbapedia for a while) but it's nice to see the Arceus manga being released.

Of course, it would have been cool to see the Zoroark manga released before the movie as a teaser, but whatever, i'll take what i can get :P

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

pokespe? old news

Arceus? meh

well at least it's getting a translation

Blog Entries

Finally! I've been waiting on the manga adaptation of the 12th movie. Got the other two, I'm planning on getting this one.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well crap, no new series? Dammit Viz, DPA ends this November! Pick up the slack!

追放されたバカ
    Keepin' mah prized red Duskull caged up?! Ya bet your ass.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Well crap, no new series? Dammit Viz, DPA ends this November! Pick up the slack!
    Wouldn't the only new series mean something like that BW walkthrough crap they put up on magazine the other day?

(Never liked the movie adaptations, never will, and so they don't register in my memory)

And yeah, we've known about those Special volumes since, like... last month. Way to put out the newsflash, man.

They could always rerelease an old series or license an older manga.

Blog Entries

Yeah, exactly. There's tons of older comics that need a reissue, or even an initial Viz release. Yeah Golden Boys got axed too early, but that didn't stop CY from releasing it.

How about putting out some single-volume comics that *aren't* related to the anime? Any of the Ranger comics? Snatcher Leo maybe (which would be quite a coup since it has no bound release ANYWHERE)? The second Mystery Dungeon comic? Phantom Thief 7?

And if they want to put out anime-based comics, they could reissue Electric Tale. Maybe add Ono's first movie comic as a bonus chapter.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

The ranger comics weren't released in volumes either

and the dungeon 2 comic was a one shot (I think)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yeah, not to mention that the Ranger comic was given out to subscribers only (I think), and I doubt Viz'd go that far as to actually license a series that never even saw the light in volume form and then put it out in printed pages.

Furthermore, when they made that colored flash comic of DB back in 2004 when they were still less conservative about the censorship, it didn't even go past chapter 4 or something. Good luck getting Ranger released, then.

Plus, CY releases just about everything; a lot of Pokemon manga were either not selling as well as we'd have hoped, or were too short to put out "WTFPOWWWWWN!!" sales, and Viz is all about the cash (just like any American company).

Pretty much. CI releases basically anything CoroCoro. Like those manga made to market specific toys and games, even when said toys and games aren't released in Singapore -_-(Crush Gear, Mini-4WD, etc.)
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Blog Entries

Colored flash?

And I can't imagine that getting rights to collect something in a bound volume is much different than getting rights to print something that's already in a bound volume.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mask Marauder View Post
    Colored flash?
    They had colored versions of the Dragonball manga (or the earliest chapters of it) posted on the Shonenjump website they have many years ago; it didn't last long as far as I remember, and probably has been taken down already.

And I can't imagine that getting rights to collect something in a bound volume is much different than getting rights to print something that's already in a bound volume.
    True, but it hasn't been exposed to a big enough audience for Viz to take a long shot and license something that isn't even published off the net in any form. I mean, the demand to rerelease Special (or from volume 8, as some have petitioned) was like a bitching-fest of interdimensional proportions, and it took 6 years for the first new edition PS volume to come out. I can't say Viz would be likely to take such a risk and spend money licensing that and then printing it all themselves; it isn't even like the "Best of..." thingies where they themselves were the ones to first publish it (in English form).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast